Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigpics

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2002
Rockland County, New York
That scares me - I hope they still offer non-ridiculous sizes...

I find it hard to believe they're not going to refresh the 4" model of the best selling phone (in the history of the US) as well. I.e., A8 and the same cam and other tweaks the big boy (or boys) will have...

..and that's from someone who thinks something near the 4.7" has been way overdue already...

...but I find lots of things hard to believe and they go down anyway....

thaifood

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
The top/bottom bezels are so unnecessary... they gotta go already...

Hold your phone in landscape mode, have your thumbs up and ready to interact with the screen. How much of the bezel is obstructed by your hands?

Is the screen centred while you are holding it? See why bezel thickness is kept the same size?

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
So the popular opinion now is that the (purported real) picture below is fake?

Some random guy imagined an intricate antenna system for the iPhone 6 and machined this high precision back shell in his basement?

iPhone-6-Housing-021.jpg

(Note that we also see the same device being handled in a recent video so it's not just a Photoshop job.)

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
This looks like the most accurate depiction of what the iPhone 6 will actually look like.

Really? So you have compared it to the actual schematics and models from Apple to determine this?

Or did you mean "it's the one I like the most so far" which is a very different thing?

bananas

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2007
So the popular opinion now is that the (purported real) picture below is fake?

Some random guy imagined an intricate antenna system for the iPhone 6 and machined this high precision back shell in his basement?

(Note that we also see the same device being handled in a recent video so it's not just a Photoshop job.)

These renderings are based on speculation that the metallic upper and lower parts in the back would be replaced with glass pieces. It wouldn't make the picture you posted a fake, just an unfinished shell.

Wether there will be glass in the back of the phone or not, these renderings are pretty well done.

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
front bezzels are still so 2010... especially when you compare it to the new LG G3 its just hilarious

chazbcn

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2013
Now we're talking...

If the iPhone 6 comes closer to the renderings on this post, then I might consider upgrading from my iP5.
I really hope it doesn't have those silly line cuts on the back as in all those leaked mock ups, but the entire upper and lower windows cutouts in another material (plastic, glass, ceramic), a la iP5/5s. It would be much more classy (in spite of being an iteration from the 5s design).
My ideal upgrade would be a 4.7 all plastic "6c" with touch ID (but I don't see that coming).
Two months left to know!

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
This. In fact I upgraded to a 5s today. A larger screen doesn't interest me and the 5 had plenty of horsepower for my needs.

However, I realize this will be an exciting event for the phablets fans as well as the frequent upgrades.

The same was said about the 5, they should stop constantly living in the past.

yly3

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
Sorry Apple. Thr best one is still the original 4 in terms of design.

My Lumia 1520 in yellow reminds me actually of what Apple used to be lol.

goobot

macrumors 604
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
I was never a fan of those 2 panels on the back, no matter how slowly Jony Ive told me that the panels were (robot) hand picked in each iPhone.

I was hopping Apple to abandon the back panels, they are just so ugly.

SJ would have never approve that ugly design. Just look at the pre 2007 iPhones from the Samsung trial, none of them looks great. But the 2007 iPhone looked awesome.

LOL, The iPhone 5 design would have been mostly finished if not finished when SJ died, so obviously he did approve it :p

downpour

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
This design would look a lot nicer if the glass curved round the edges on the back a bit more. Like this...

Attachments

• iphone-6-new.jpg
    iphone-6-new.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 931

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I find it hard to believe they're not going to refresh the 4" model of the best selling phone (in the history of the US) as well. I.e., A8 and the same cam and other tweaks the big boy (or boys) will have...

they'll just rerelease the iPhone 5S in the cheaper plastic repackaging with the same specs for those who dont want a bigger screen. it got colors and its out of a different material ITS NEWWWWW :eek:;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.