Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
So half the people in this thread are upset that macRUMOURS is posting RUMORS or facts about all things Apple. And rather than just read the headline and say "oh seen that already the last few weeks" their response is to sign on and post about how they are going to unsubscribe from macRUMORS because there are too many RUMORS.

Ok.

Now I understand.

SMH

frisken

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2013
I'm gonna go right ahead and give you guys the inside scoop on the iPhone 6s launch date: September 2015. While I'm at it I'll give you the iPhone 7 launch date too: September 2016.

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
I was never a fan of those 2 panels on the back, no matter how slowly Jony Ive told me that the panels were (robot) hand picked in each iPhone.

I was hopping Apple to abandon the back panels, they are just so ugly.

SJ would have never approve that ugly design. Just look at the pre 2007 iPhones from the Samsung trial, none of them looks great. But the 2007 iPhone looked awesome.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I was never a fan of those 2 panels on the back, no matter how slowly Jony Ive told me that the panels were (robot) hand picked in each iPhone.

I was hopping Apple to abandon the back panels, they are just so ugly.

SJ would have never approve that ugly design. Just look at the pre 2007 iPhones from the Samsung trial, none of them looks great. But the 2007 iPhone looked awesome.

dont like em either. especially ugly on the silver white one ... which i own lol

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
To be fair the first four phones were released in the summer. :) But yeah, this is getting repetitive.

Technically speaking (at least in the northern hemisphere of this planet), summer ends September 22nd at 10:30 pm EDT. Therefore a September 19th announcement is summer. Just saying ...

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
My guess is both the 6 and 6XL will be announced at the same time with the 6 shipping two or three weeks earlier than the 6XL. Will there also be a 5SC?

fallenjt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2013
Most Possible Render So Far

I think this render could be almost the production model: curved edge screen, top/bottom glass back and color wise. I hope to see different color instead of Gold...like Frozen Grey.

MellowFuzz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
This had better be the great leap forward (sapphire) it's supposed to be, because it's unbelievable how it takes so bloody long for Apple to get stuff done.

I just don't get why they think resource-throttling is so admirable, when they're not the tiny, near-bankruptcy basket case they once were.

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
That scares me - I hope they still offer non-ridiculous sizes...

I just pray that nobody gets hurt.

hey-lets-be-careful-out-there-thumb.jpg

CrownIsle

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2014
NY
Ghetto market???????? REALLY?

Just more concrete evidence that we should drone in the US.

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
Just for a second, what if....

What if Apple managed to pull off the old super-secret of yesteryear & reveal a completely different & awesome iPhone 6 in Sept? :apple:

Better yet, have The Day be a Monday morning, say 8 am PDT & announced from a "yet-to-be-determined Apple Store by Tim Cook. :apple:

I loved the suspense & still hope for it. It's always good to have something to look forward to in life.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
I'm not entirely sure why I keep waiting for news on the iPhone 6. I'm perfectly happy with my 5...

This. In fact I upgraded to a 5s today. A larger screen doesn't interest me and the 5 had plenty of horsepower for my needs.

However, I realize this will be an exciting event for the phablets fans as well as the frequent upgrades.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
MacRumors continues to report the obvious for link clicks. You mean they're going to announce it the same time they have the other iPhones and then they're going to release it the same time they have the past couple iPhones? No way! :rolleyes:

MistaBungle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2005
That gold phone looks super sexy. I really hope it doesn't change the way I use the phone too much. I've been against those big screen phones just for the sake of having a big phone. I have an iPad for when I need a larger screen.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
Frankly,I don't find this render exciting at all.if this is what actual product looks like,I will most likely pass.:confused:

yetisalmon

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2013
Nashville, TN
snooooooooze.

that thing is f'ugly. i still prefer my 4S. still runs like a beauty, never spent a dime on all these dumb new iPhone 5's and over the top features like touch id.

snoooooooze fest. why don't you do something new Apple? these iPhones get more and more boring every time. they're basically just all the same.

do something new like build a beer helmet that wirelessly transfers beer. that would be interesting.

not looking forward to a larger screen...wtf am I going to do with that? look at more app icons? snoooooooze. so innovative having a bigger screen......WOW Apple. thanks.

joshdammit

Suspended
Mar 6, 2013
Ghetto market???????? REALLY?

Just more concrete evidence that we should drone in the US.

Fighting discrimination with more discrimination.

I just love how over the top people on the internet get about anything even REMOTELY racial. It's as if some people think that they'll get a special "I'm not a racist" prize if they react outrageously offended if somebody makes the slightest stereotype.

And now I'm going to get called a racist for "defending" "racism."

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
This rendering of iPhone 6 (4.7")--based on known hardware leaks of the back case and front bezel--is probably the most accurate guess of the iPhone 6 I've seen so far.

If this is the iPhone 6, I like the design--it combines the best of the iPhone 5S and 5C in a package that keeps the distinctly Apple "feel." It's still sleeker in many ways than most Android cellphone models.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
Most likely Sep 19 or 26. They usually ship as late as possible so they get credit for shipping in Q3, but maximize the sales in Q4.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Uh? I fail to see any similarity.
The render above looks more like a mix between the iPhone 5/5s and 5th-gen iPod touch.
And if you insist on saying Apple copied an Android phone, the HTC One M8 seems like a more appropriate choice.

Even that's not an accurate example. The 6 is based off the 5 which came out before the first HTC one. The HTC one series looks like an iPhone if anything.

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
Looks like we have a consensus, I also think this render looks fantastic. Let's hope it looks like this rather than the mock-ups with the bands.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
I'm gonna go right ahead and give you guys the inside scoop on the iPhone 6s launch date: September 2015. While I'm at it I'll give you the iPhone 7 launch date too: September 2016.

Well you are Wrong on one part! Sept 2016 will be the 6S and 2017 will be Iphone 7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.