Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMacDaddy1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Merica!
It's always amusing when Americans cry about genocides they've read about in countries like China when they're blatantly displacing and killing millions in the middle east. At least the USA isn't hiding how many they've killed right? That's all that matters.
That is like comparing oranges to tug boats.

Reactions: Razorpit

hans1972

macrumors 68040
Apr 5, 2010
You're making that a requirement. If China is the only country that can do that at will, then their labor force is manipulated and mistreated.
Glad you're so proud that Apple reduced itself into a margins at all cost company.
They can build them somewhere else and still be mega rich.

You're telling Apple to get out of China, and yet you don't have any suggestions where.

Apple sells around 200 million iPhones a year and about 20-25 million Macs. If Apple is to move to other locations those locations needs to support those numbers. They also need to support models changing every year, and big ramp ups and downs.

Or do you argue Apple should produce less iPhones and Macs?

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
"What would Apple do if the PRC pulls the trigger and invades Taiwan?"

Nothing. Apple likes money. They have invested quite heavily in China and the world knows what they do to the Uyghurs.
American and European consumers might boycott their products, but your point is taken.

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
What I can tell you is Apple's business and logistics will not be affected if the PRC acts on Taiwan militarily, as long as they take a neutral stance. Two weeks and everything will be back to normal.
And if Taiwan's chip-manufacturing facilities are damaged? I just think Apple has too many eggs in one basket, let alone the moral issues associated with manufacturing in the PRC.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
It‘s a data laundering scheme. It’s a non-peer reviewed paper that surveys and summarizes other non-peer reviewed papers, 97% of which weren’t even written by epidemiologists. To say it is more accurate based on that just means you are defining “accurate” as “what I want to believe”. This paper is neither right nor wrong, it’s purely nonsense.
So something that isn't wrong is still "nonsense" because you don't like where it is going? We've had two year's worth of unproven, non-peered reviewed garbage forced on us, destroying the world economy, and all of it was wrong. You have issues with one report that says hey it looks like we went overboard for no reason?

Masks are useless, hmm that’s illogical and irresponsible. They are the saving grace while vaccines got developed and while we wait for under 4yrs approval.
There is no report that shows the masks most of us wore (with the exception of N95's) did anything to protect us. They even have it written on the side of the box.

So do you request that surgeons forgo the whole mask thing when you get major surgery?
🤣 Seriously, is that what you want to use as your argument for wearing a mask? Do you wear a motorcycle helmet when walking down the street in case you slip and fall?

I find it highly unlikely you read that report either.
A good part of it. However I did read The Real Anthony Fauci and have good enough reason to believe this is all horse 💩 from what Fauci did during the AIDS/HIV epidemic. And what Bill Gates has done to the medical community over the last 20 years.

NZer here, we've lost control now during omicron and our covid death toll is 812 people over the last two years. That compared to 1 million deaths in the U.S.A. Losing control later when vaccination rates are the biggest contributing factor so the last two years were not in vain. We have a similar population and big outbreak timeline to Hong Kong but their death toll is 10x higher because of low vaccination rates.
They counted poeple with 4 or more comorbidities as C19 deaths. Motorcycle accidents, gun shots, it was a completely fabricated number. And Omicron was nothing more than a cold.

• Love
Reactions: sorgo †

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
You mean greater existential threat to a world controlled by white men?

The world was fine when China had by far the highest GDP in the world. It didn't go out and threaten the freedom/stability of lesser countries in Europe. It didn't enslave entire continents like colonialism did.

Chill out with the sinophobia.
+1 social credit point for the use of "white men". +1 social credit point for mentioning China GDP. +1 social credit point for mentioning China is freedom. +1 social credit point for mentioning Europe is lesser. +1 for not mentioning the atrocities of China slavery. +10 for the use of sinophobia.

Congratulations, you are now entitled to have one extra portion of food this week.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
So something that isn't wrong is still "nonsense" because you don't like where it is going? We've had two year's worth of unproven, non-peered reviewed garbage forced on us, destroying the world economy, and all of it was wrong. You have issues with one report that says hey it looks like we went overboard for no reason?

There is no report that shows the masks most of us wore (with the exception of N95's) did anything to protect us. They even have it written on the side of the box.

? Seriously, is that what you want to use as your argument for wearing a mask? Do you wear a motorcycle helmet when walking down the street in case you slip and fall?

A good part of it. However I did read The Real Anthony Fauci and have good enough reason to believe this is all horse ? from what Fauci did during the AIDS/HIV epidemic. And what Bill Gates has done to the medical community over the last 20 years.

They counted poeple with 4 or more comorbidities as C19 deaths. Motorcycle accidents, gun shots, it was a completely fabricated number. And Omicron was nothing more than a cold.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
China also gives the US massive economic wealth in return to fight all those evil regimes. Again, the world is not simply good country vs. bad country.

Not sure why you are defending China. There are plenty of other places that there is cheaper labor that doesn't have the level of problems China does. Getting out of China is for everyone's benefit except for the pocketbook.

Reactions: sorgo †

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
The language used in any of these "fact checks" is ridiculous. Using vague terms as "appeared to" or "increase of cases" tells you nothing. Even the science himself told us not to bother wearing them.

The reality is these masks did more harm than good. The lowered 02 levels, kept virus and other contaminants directly against your nose and mouth. Prevented developing children from learning important facial expressions during communication. Created serious psychological issues for hundreds of thousands of people terrified to walk out the door without one, even drive their own car without one. And were proven to be a complete sham shown by numerous "elites" immediately removing theirs when they thought the cameras were off.

You want to wear yours, fine. Go for it. My family did not. The teams I coached did not. The teams I played on did not, and we all lived just fine. Although ironically those with the clot shot seemed to do a little worse when they got the virus.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Why? What has china ever done to you except making products more affordable for you?
Personally, covid and 2 years of ********. To the world, currently committing genocide, smashing free speech and democracy in Hong Kong, and I'm sure Taiwan is in their sights, backing Russia economically. The people and country of China are amazing. I'd love to visit someday, but with the current regime, no thanks and we should do everything we can to cut ties.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Companies are moving some operations to India and Vietnam, but you knew that already.
Keep sticking up for Slave Labor Tim

Stop with the juvenile personal attacks.

Tell me how many iPhones India and Vietnam can manufacture/test/ship per day.

gregohb

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2013
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Somehow I suspect Apple will survive.
Thats what every western company thinks. There was a time when there were 10 American tv makers and they did not worry about the Japanese companies building low end knock offs. The car market was dominated by American companies who also did not take foreign competition seriously. Now we have China with faster super computers than the US, a stealth fighter almost like our F22, and a new aircraft carrier with electromagnetic catapults like our most advanced new carrier. In reality, Apple's edge has been fading on all fronts.

gregohb

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2013
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I never suggested another country with slave labor. Why are you making stuff up?

"How about they give up a few profits and build their products in countries that aren't arming themselves in direct competition with the U.S."

Again... which countries do you recommend that can manufacture and ship 200,000 iPhones per day, and ramp that up and down based on demand.?

It's a very simple question. Please respond with a handful of countries that can meet those requirements.

There are wide spread reports of ethnic Uighur being used for slave labor. At first it was just picking cotton in Xinjiang. But later evidence has suggested that these people who are imprisoned, tortured, gang raped (men and women both), and having their organs harvested for wealthy foreigners are pressed into work gangs, and then sent all over China to work in for free essentially - for the profit of their overlords. There are international reports about the organ harvesting and concentration camps.

There is also a documentary movie for purchase on Amazon Prime about someone in the US who bought a toy, and found a hidden message inside that the workers were slave workers in China. The movie attempts to unravel the mystery.

The most recent Chinese Nobel laureate died in prison. His crime was suggesting democratic elections in China.

Thats the country that Apple has been supporting and sending money and technology too.

Moonlight

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2002
Los Angeles
How is your 50¢ Party membership going?

Greetings from Asia. I have colleagues and friends from around the eastern half of the continent as well as Africa and we're all weary of the CCP...

Especially our Chinese colleagues.

To simply dismiss our concerns as "xenophobic" is rather provincial. Only a willfully blindfolded American or European would use such terminology. It's rather frustrating that the US put most of Asia in a position of political dependence on the US, only to see the US bow down to the CCP and risk putting us at their mercy.

Just be grateful you live in a country where you are free to voice such an opinion. In China you could be disappeared for suggesting other Chinese are xenophobic about America.
Correlating Chinese engineers with the CCP takes quite a leap.

gregohb

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2013
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Correlating Chinese engineers with the CCP takes quite a leap.
No leap at all. Every single Chinese business and entity automatically shares all their info with the CCP. You might recall the Chinese doctor who was arrested because he simply warned other doctors in private messages about the Wuhan virus. Other Chinese have made comments in the US, and are arrested on arrival in China. Just yesterday I saw a show where they say that users of Weibo and WeChat have their exact location automatically attached to their posts. Combine that with a very hostile anti-US, anti-West, anti-Ukraine, militaristic propaganda, then you see their attitude.

gregohb

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2013
Los Angeles, CA, USA
How is your 50¢ Party membership going?

Greetings from Asia. I have colleagues and friends from around the eastern half of the continent as well as Africa and we're all weary of the CCP...

Especially our Chinese colleagues.

To simply dismiss our concerns as "xenophobic" is rather provincial. Only a willfully blindfolded American or European would use such terminology. It's rather frustrating that the US put most of Asia in a position of political dependence on the US, only to see the US bow down to the CCP and risk putting us at their mercy.

Just be grateful you live in a country where you are free to voice such an opinion. In China you could be disappeared for suggesting other Chinese are xenophobic about America.
You are 100% right. The world is waking up to the threat of this "friendly" dictatorship involved in concentration camps and organ harvesting. They spend tons of money influencing the US, Canada, UK, Australia, Korea, and EU with their hoards of trolls and propagandists.

Aren't they called Wumai? I saw a show recently where the Chinese are forcing inmates to be pro-CCP trolls on western media. The Chinese government spends more on internal security than they spend on their massive bloated Peoples Liberation Army.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
Thats what every western company thinks. There was a time when there were 10 American tv makers and they did not worry about the Japanese companies building low end knock offs. The car market was dominated by American companies who also did not take foreign competition seriously. Now we have China with faster super computers than the US, a stealth fighter almost like our F22, and a new aircraft carrier with electromagnetic catapults like our most advanced new carrier. In reality, Apple's edge has been fading on all fronts.
Amazing how many things China now has that's almost like ours, including our rocket and missile technology. 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.