Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
Each year is the same marketing strategy lol.

Having said that the ipad pro 2022 is not yet available in some countries like Mexico City which is let's say "weird". If they dont put them to sell before "El buen fin" (Black Friday here) they are done here.

Reactions: tsa1

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Wish the prices of Apple products would just skyrocket again. Less people would buy them, there would be less supply constraints, and the devices would actually feel premium again.

Everyone having these devices ruins the premium feel of these devices, as does Apple’s lack of QA.

Apple is turning into another American Express. What was once a prestigious brand is now like any other in the industry.
The iPhone 14 series was just launched a few days ago in my country, and despite the highly marked up prices over the US MSRP, people were literally lining up to buy them in droves. Amazing. Kinda confirms my thought that Apple’s segment is not too affected by economic events.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
^ The last 2 years have been exactly the same situation though...except Pelos provocation this year...

• Haha
Reactions: SFjohn

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Apples trying to minimize the damage and control the narrative knowing next quarter will be a miss in iPhone sales.
Mmmmm. Maybe.

I imagine more people ordering the 14pro because the 14 is kind of dumb comparatively at the price they’re charging.

Maybe it’s just subjective viewpoint, but this year was the year I stopped whining and ponied up for a pro, and I just imagine there are many others out there who felt/feel the same way.

Reactions: ConvertedToMac

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Rest of the world has moved on and is finding ways to live with COVID, yet China still expect to control it with lockdowns...

But as it was said, they must love the extra level of control even on top of their normal control and surveillance of their own people.

One of these days it will all come crumbling down... People of China deserve it.

DelayedGratificationGene

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2020
How? The statement said strong demand, which means a lot of people still want to buy iPhones despite the delays.

I mean remember how the MacBook Pros took months to ship, yet it didn’t faze the Apple buyers.
Exactly. MacBook buyers waited several months to get theirs. There is just no alternative as Apple is the best.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
This wouldn’t have been a problem if Apple had not solely relied on China. Apple had 3 years to move its assembly plant to India or other counties such as Vietnam But they didn’t take advantage of it back then. Now the demand is high and the supply is low. By the time Apple catches up with the supply. Rest assured, People will be waiting for the iPhone SE 2023 or iPhone 15 model.
I don't know why we still have people constantly saying we are relying on China for Apple products, yes there are specific parts that are made in China not made elsewhere. Foxconn in recent years has moved manufacturing to many countries.
Foxconn has 137 campuses and offices in 24 countries and areas around the globe. The majority of Foxconn's factories are located in East Asia, with others in Brazil, India, Europe, and Mexico
As commented on earlier post the emphasis of "made in India" is why factories are being build there by many large tech companies, but it's mostly for India consumer consumption.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tagbert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.