Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
.....u know what people also love ? "The Mac-book Pro Retina".

Time to get it's shine of fame for 30 seconds.

A video will be out shortly :) (probably)

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
This ad reminds me of the old iPod ads - the kind that got the attention of the masses of 18-35 shoppers. It's hip in a way that Apple has been lacking for some time, imho.

I've been sporting a real wood wrap on my 2011 Air for a couple of years now, since we created the wood label stock. It's definitely helped take the abuse and scratches that the aluminum would have taken had I not had the wood on it, plus having the Apple logo glow through the wood is very cool.

I showed it to an Apple exec, who thought it was one of the best things he's seen in a long time. We'll get things nailed down within the next 60 days and start to offer wood wraps (not to be confused with the rigid wood veneer pieces on the market now, or the fake printed wood vinyl wraps) for the MacBook Air, Pro, iPad (Air and 3 / 4), iPhone 4s, 5, 5s and the 6 whenever it or they hit).

Attachments

• MBA cherry wrap.JPG
    MBA cherry wrap.JPG
    766.7 KB · Views: 90

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
I just bought my first MacBook Air (13"). It is technically for my son as he needs a computer for school, but I have to say it is quite nice. I use it fairly regularly and the lack of a retina on it does not bother me.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Welcome to the transformation of Apple from a technology company into a fashion & lifestyle brand. This type of marketing is going to be the new norm going forward.

All aboard!

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Welcome to the transformation of Apple from a technology company into a fashion & lifestyle brand. This type of marketing is going to be the new norm going forward.

All aboard!

With the way computers and tech have become so ingrained into society as a whole I don't think there will be many "technology companies" that won't work on their lifestyle branding as the years go by. Anybody can sell a slab of plastic (or aluminum) with a keyboard and a screen now. The only thing left is to make them more aesthetically pleasing.

Aqxea

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2011
I want to put some stickers on my Dell XPS 15 (L521X). Can anyone recommend a good place to buy online?

Last edited:

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I wish it was in Slo-Mo so I could see them all and not the quick flashes.

nice. this shows it isn't the Secs/Numbers but what you like to use.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
I kinda wish some of those decals had gotten more than a fraction of a second of screen time. Those might have been designs I would have copied.

----------

All aboard!

I pulled out an original G3 iBook the other day (tangerine) for nostalgia’s sake. That notebook and the original iMac kinda says to me that they’ve always wanted to be a fashion & lifestyle brand, at least since the late 90’s.

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Memorial Apple logo

I'd love to have the sticker with Steve's profile carved in the Apple.

The Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
While it is a bit unlike Apple aesthetic to promote stickers, I think the message is strong. The ad says that Apple users are not "sheep". Apple users are a diverse group with different interests and different ways of seeing the world. I think it goes back to the Think Different campaign, hence the rainbow colored Apple logo -- which was used back then.

ChrisCW11

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Really

I was all set to go Apple on my next notebook purchase, but honestly the Air is just lackluster overall.

The problem with Apple is that they purposely leave out good features in a lower end models in order to encourage people to "buy up", even into a new model lineup. None of the Air's have features I want so I don't care how thin they get they are simply not the right notebook for me. By the time I factor in features that I need as a developer, I'm already looking at a $2500+ 15" MacBook Pro.

I think Apple needs to stop corralling consumers into buckets with discrete feature sets and play this game of trying to upsell them to the more expensive model and/or model line. Offer Air with professional features and yes, you might lose sales over the MacBook Pro, but in the end if Apple really believes this is the notebook people love, than make it so and not just say its so.

For now Air is a notebook some people wish they could love.

David2144

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
Beats sticker

Well, looks like beats made an appearance.

Attachments

• beats.png
    beats.png
    839.1 KB · Views: 95

Rettun1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
I wonder if an ad agency is responsible for this, or if this was an in-house effort. I'm diggin it

laurim

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2003
Minnesota USA
The problem with Apple is that they purposely leave out good features in a lower end models in order to encourage people to "buy up", even into a new model lineup.

What you just said there is one of the most basic marketing strategies of EVERY product line of every kind of product EVER. Why would there be lower-priced versions of anything if they didn't have fewer features than the higher priced ones? You can't be that naive to think only Apple does that. You must be very young...

The Economist

Suspended
Apr 4, 2011
Mexico
This ad caught me off guard, after all the "serious" ads of late this is certainly different.

I like it, it feels beats-inspired. And the rainbow logo flickering? Fantastic!

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Seriously? Go buy one because you can put stickers on it? Presumably they couldn't think of anything else to say as it basically hasn't changed for the past 2 years. I love the MBA but come on Apple you can do better than this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.