Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
That's more like it Apple. Brilliant funky witty and makes the samsung 'bash apple ads' look like 1990 cell phones ads in comparison. My favourite as since 'bounce'.

Matt Leaf

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2012
this whole year has been completely focused on marketing

the city I live in is covered in gigantic iPhone 5c ads in all the prime spots

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
The notebook people love?

People would love it more if they'd hurry up and release a Retina version!

Indeed. The mere thought that they update these models yet another time, trying to sell them as "new", without an edge-to-edge retina screen... makes me feel a bit... :(

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
No way should be an Apple ad.
You can see the macbook's shadow moving as they switch between stickers. And Apple shouldn't switch back to their old logo just for advertising some stickers. I'm hoping this is a student project.

It makes me sad that you don't see the brilliance. Of course it's all deliberate. Even though it's the same computer and all the grunge is digital not real, nevertheless it's meant to look like lots of different computers all with various stickers, therefore the grunge moves the stickers look like they've been stuck on by real people, and the computer and shadow shifts deliberately to give it a proper analogue feel.

Believe me, there is nothing, not a single detail that is not deliberate. Even the way that it mines the collective unconscious with the famous bullet through the apple shot.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
I think if Apple wants to start using the philosophy of incorporating Californian values then this ad is a strong piece of evidence of that. It's about creativity and non-conformance.

I like it.

livit

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2013
Great ad, and honestly a great point to make.
No other computer is being loved and personalized with stickers as much as the Mac - great message. Great music used as well.

This is my MacBook right now:
S9ZLyxe.jpg

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
No way should be an Apple ad.
You can see the macbook's shadow moving as they switch between stickers. And Apple shouldn't switch back to their old logo just for advertising some stickers. I'm hoping this is a student project.

I think it's a great ad. Apple have recently been moving away from their long-time ad agency, TBWA. So perhaps this was one of the first ads developed by Apple's new in-house team.

It may not quite have the sugary, slick production values of TBWA's work. But at least it doesn't suffer from the "designed for focus groups" blandness that has plagued many of their recent ads.

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
I can't help feel this advert is heavily influenced by Dr Dre, and it actually is a brilliant ad!

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Love this ad, LOVE my Air

I've owned both sizes of Air, and I can definitely say the Air is the best laptop ever made. It seriously is awesome!
This ad is so fun and cool; though I like their previous ads, I have to say I enjoyed this one much more. I like the direction they're headed with this ad. And as other posters have mentioned, they didn't have to bash any of their competitors, even though Microsoft has been challenging them with the Surface Pro 3. They just show why people love their product. I think this ad will be really successful. I know I love it. And I certainly LOVE my Air.:D:D:D

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
What are they selling? Only the last few seconds give a clue. Shotgun advertising sucks. I didn't see a single benefit displayed. They must be wanting people to use their stuff for things I would never engage in.

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I think it's a great ad. Apple have recently been moving away from their long-time ad agency, TBWA. So perhaps this was one of the first ads developed by Apple's new in-house team.

It may not quite have the sugary, slick production values of TBWA's work. But at least it doesn't suffer from the "designed for focus groups" blandness that has plagued many of their recent ads.

Those ads you are talking about were made by their in house marketers. But soon they are pulling all of their ad work in house so we'll see...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.