Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
I had mine. Frankly I’d rather use a small pd charger about the size of the MagSafe battery. Just charge it for 20 mins and regain the percentage back up to 70%. Then take it off vs carrying a bulky backpack on your phone for hours. I sold my MagSafe battery pack.
What small charger you using?

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
I had mine. Frankly I’d rather use a small pd charger about the size of the MagSafe battery. Just charge it for 20 mins and regain the percentage back up to 70%. Then take it off vs carrying a bulky backpack on your phone for hours. I sold my MagSafe battery pack.
Also my use is my iPhone is pretty much constantly running, steaming etc.

ibookemo

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Hi I know Apple discontinued the MagSafe battery pack, there are sellers offering it. I know what the use is for, basically to keep your battery at let’s say 90% until the battery pack dies.

I’m wanting to use this for my 15 pro.

If anyone has one would like to hear your experience. Thanks!
Just bought one today funnily enough. It’s a nicely designed product - very slim and strongly held in place by the magnets.

Can be used as a charge pad when plugged in which is kinda nice.

I’m going to use it for light top ups when away from my desk. I like the idea of being able to charge whilst still using the phone in the mornings…at breakfast for example.

I like it so far.

andresandiego

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2015
San Diego, Ca
I am
Agreed. They also discontinued the MagSafe Duo at the same time because they also have lightning connections. I’m pretty sure Apple would have warned for them not to be used with the new devices if there was any problem.
Totally agree, but I am not sure the MagSafe Duo Charger will return. I don’t think it was very popular and it was way to expensive.

savagewatts

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver, BC
I absolutely love mine as I travel often. I don’t mind that it still requires lightning. Hopefully the come out with a USB C one as if this one ever degrades I’m going to want another

Reactions: Lexio

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
I’m surprised at how much I use it when traveling.

It’s a desktop charging pad for iphone / airpods
It slides easily into a pocket
It attaches and detaches easily from iphone for a quick charge up
I can easily lend it out for a charge up
I can leave it charging and it is ready to go

At home:
It can sit in a desk drawer at home, holding charge for months, ready to throw on the phone for a Saturday outside if I didn’t charge it up the night before

I also have an Anker 621. It is nearly as svelte as the Apple one but can also output corded power. But as a magsafe charger it gets hot which in turn heats up the phone and the phone cuts off charging lol

-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.