Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssimonvii

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Fwiw i ordered 2 iphone 11 on Sunday with delivery for launch day but yesterday I got email from Apple that they had trouble with my payment method and I had to call my back, after I ran it again my delivery date changed to to 27-01.

Ouch, that sucks.

rdillon2008

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2018
Bahamas
exact same situation for me and I’ve got 10/1-10/4.
I’m not sure what the whole point of preorder per check is if we’re going to get shafted for a release date delivery.

With those dates, it is best you walk into the store on launch day

kring

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Connecticut
I was 10 minutes late. But when I was trying to place my order, it was showing on the 20th. After I placed the order, it showed these dates...

I was only about 5-6 minutes waiting to get let in - showed 20th at final screen, submitted order and got back different dates. 11pro 256 SG

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Ordered 3 phones. The last of which went through about 7 minutes after opening. It’s scheduled for 9/27-10/2.

I suspect we will get these earlier than the 27th. Has anyone seen a 23rd, 24th, 25th, or 26th date? iPhones will be delivered on these days as well.

Apple has a long history of delivering earlier than advertised.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Just looked Pro models have slipped to 10/9-10/16. Best bet store pickup
Looks like the demand is greater than what we thought

dangoland

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
Im on the same boat as most of you. Did IUP and confirmed it had the right billing info, on ordering date it wouldnt let me in till 8:05, but showed my debit card instead of credit card, within the 45 seconds it took me to put in the new numbers got bumped to Sept 27-Oct1. Im "upgrading" from an XS Max and is my first year upgrading yearly because of IUP, so Its not as big a jump as it was from my 7 to to the XS.

Had similar week past launch delivery date last year for the Max and got it the Wednesday after Release. My 7plust jetblack had two weeks out and got it within a week and a half, so I'm hoping for delivery mid next week.

Would've been sweet to get it on the 20th, but hey, Links Awakening comes out on the switch this Friday and I am hyped to play that, my nintendo fanboyism can hold me over.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
This morning I got a text from Apple that said “We have an update on your order. Ships: 1 business day. Delivers: Sep 20. View order details: [link]”

I got really excited. Until I clicked the link and realized it was my Forest Green Leather Case that previously had a delivery date range of Sep 27 - Oct 2.

Reactions: gadgetfreaky

dangoland

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
This morning I got a text from Apple that said “We have an update on your order. Ships: 1 business day. Delivers: Sep 20. View order details: [link]”

I got really excited. Until I clicked the link and realized it was my Forest Green Leather Case that previously had a delivery date range of Sep 27 - Oct 2.

Ooooof, I got excited reading the beginning of this message just to be thoroughly dissapointed by the end too. lol.

I just checked and my XS Max delivered the monday after delivery last year, lets hope for something similar this year too.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Ooooof, I got excited reading the beginning of this message just to be thoroughly dissapointed by the end too. lol.

I just checked and my XS Max delivered the monday after delivery last year, lets hope for something similar this year too.

Oops - sorry about that.

But yes - I too am hoping for some movement for the phones. Monday would be great at this point.

ssimonvii

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
No movement whatsoever, my Apple order is stuck at 9/27 - 10/1.

Meanwhile, Best Buy is still showing release day pickup availability for my model/color.

Same. They really screwed over IUP buyers this year. Glad I did pick up for tomorrow, but I was co dude that’s the wife would get hers pretty close to launch day.
It’s just too bad I’m going to have to pay for an extra month of her XS for a few extra days...I’m sure Apple is thrilled.

Sargo1234

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
CA
I ordered the 11 Pro in silver with 256 GB at 8:04 EST. It said 9/20 on my check out, but the email bumped it to 9/27 - 10/4. Why did I bother to get pre approved and pre order? I wouldn't care if everyone past that time had my date, but it sucks to have to miss launch day when others will get theirs who ordered later. I know. First world problem.

The exact same thing happened to me with iPhone 11 Pro 512 GB space gray. A few hours later I went in and canceled my order with Apple and ordered the same phone through AT&T. Now my new phone is scheduled to deliver tomorrow (9/20).

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I just ordered through Best buy since they still have my phone available for tomorrow. I thought I could hold out but I can't!

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I'm going to just let this 9/27 order ride. Since it was literally seconds behind a 9/20 order, I was hoping the cancellations would allow these to be bumped, but it doesn't seem so. The 9/27 watch order did move to reparing for Shipping today, so my guess is the 9/27 orders will start moving to ship within a day or two and then get delivered mid next week. At this point, certainly not this week is a given.

dangoland

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
Same. They really screwed over IUP buyers this year. Glad I did pick up for tomorrow, but I was co dude that’s the wife would get hers pretty close to launch day.
It’s just too bad I’m going to have to pay for an extra month of her XS for a few extra days...I’m sure Apple is thrilled.

Yeah I just got an email saying my iUP XS payment is coming up in a couple days. How convenient....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.