Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itmaybeokay

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Sue! Sue them all!!!
It gets worse.

I wound up using My Choice to send to the UPS store, but instead - surprise! - they just tried to deliver it to my house again. National number didn't know why.

Local hub said the apple rules ALSO prohibit it from being sent to the store even after a single delivery attempt.

Which isn't what national said on the phone. Nor what was said to me in email. Nor was it the email confirmation I got. Literally nothing until - oh hey, we tried to deliver it to your house again.

So fine, I will just go pick it up from the hub.
Oh, wait -

The UPS hub says I need a photo ID with a name and address verbatim matching the package. I moved in december, the DMV has my new address but I didn't get a new license yet. Also the first name on the package was a shortened version of my full name...

Headed over there with enough documentation to get a passport - and a passport for that matter - geez, even an apple issued photo ID with the shortened name on it ? - but this - this could get interesting.

Contacted apple and they literally said "well, that should work, think positive thoughts"

That is bogus. I’ve always assumed that Apple requires signature. However - UPS is very inconsistent. When my phone was delivered yesterday, in fact, the driver just left it on my porch and headed back to his truck even though I was home and ready to sign for it. He didn’t even knock or ring the doorbell!

It certainly seems like there is "interpretation" of the rules on these packages between hubs.

I wouldn't even care about a delay but the multiple conflicting stories and the repeated failures without warning - It's honestly more pleasant and less frustrating to do my own taxes.
Probably gonna write that letter after all.

Edit: No that went fine they were chill with an ID and a bill and pickup took all of 2 minutes. :p:cool:

Last edited:

chaospet

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011
It gets worse.

I wound up using My Choice to send to the UPS store, but instead - surprise! - they just tried to deliver it to my house again. National number didn't know why.

Local hub said the apple rules ALSO prohibit it from being sent to the store even after a single delivery attempt.

Which isn't what national said on the phone. Nor what was said to me in email. Nor was it the email confirmation I got. Literally nothing until - oh hey, we tried to deliver it to your house again.

Oh, wait -

The UPS hub says I need a photo ID with a name and address verbatim matching the package. I moved in december, the DMV has my new address but I didn't get a new license yet. Also the first name on the package was a shortened version of my full name...

Headed over there with enough documentation to get a passport - and a passport for that matter - geez, even an apple issued photo ID with the shortened name on it ? - but this - this could get interesting.

Contacted apple and they literally said "well, that should work, think positive thoughts"

It certainly seems like there is "interpretation" of the rules on these packages between hubs.

I wouldn't even care about a delay but the multiple conflicting stories and the repeated failures without warning - It's honestly more pleasant and less frustrating to do my own taxes.

Edit: No that went fine they were chill with an ID and a bill and pickup took all of 2 minutes. :p:cool:
Yeeeesh, glad it worked out okay in the end!

LMMAACC

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2010
St Louis
It gets worse.

Oh, wait -

I just changed my order to a ups store right down the street. I sure hope I do not have to go to the ups hub which is far from me

itmaybeokay

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
I just changed my order to a ups store right down the street. I sure hope I do not have to go to the ups hub which is far from me

I’ve gotten conflicting information from UPS, but what the local hub and an email today told me is that their contract with Apple forbids changing the address of the delivery - including sending to a UPS store or Access Point - even after the first attempt.

a recording on the UPS line says any change to the delivery must be done by Apple, but Apple says they can’t make any changes.

good luck - but you might want to call both and confirm this will work. I was told it would not.

LMMAACC

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2010
St Louis
I’ve gotten conflicting information from UPS, but what the local hub and an email today told me is that their contract with Apple forbids changing the address of the delivery - including sending to a UPS store or Access Point - even after the first attempt.

a recording on the UPS line says any change to the delivery must be done by Apple, but Apple says they can’t make any changes.

good luck - but you might want to call both and confirm this will work. I was told it would not.

If it doesn’t work then they will just try to deliver to my house?

itmaybeokay

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
If it doesn’t work then they will just try to deliver to my house?
Your mileage may vary, but from my experience yeah - no notification that they won’t deliver to the store, just surprise we came to your house.
if you’re okay with them leaving it, I’d leave a signed info notice

LMMAACC

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2010
St Louis
Your mileage may vary, but from my experience yeah - no notification that they won’t deliver to the store, just surprise we came to your house.
if you’re okay with them leaving it, I’d leave a signed info notice
I was just going to fill out that ups authorization and sign it but I was reading on here that they weren’t leaving it still. So i guess I will just check the tracking and see where it goes. It says on my ups choice that it was switched to the store but I guess who knows. Hahaha

grouch92

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Mine hasn't budged for a couple of days. It still shows "in transit" out of Shanghai. The delivery date is now no longer listed. Instead it says "Rescheduled delivery." It was Monday, but that looks impossible now.

Marcorez

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2019
Mine hasn't budged for a couple of days. It still shows "in transit" out of Shanghai. The delivery date is now no longer listed. Instead it says "Rescheduled delivery." It was Monday, but that looks impossible now.
Same thing here, but mine is in transit from Zheng, hopefully we still get them by Monday

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
Mine is due for delivery on or by October 7th. It's shipped already but has not yet left China.
ProMax11.png

Perhaps there is an early arrival in my future?

itmaybeokay

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
I was just going to fill out that ups authorization and sign it but I was reading on here that they weren’t leaving it still. So i guess I will just check the tracking and see where it goes. It says on my ups choice that it was switched to the store but I guess who knows. Hahaha

Yeah, mine said it was switched to the store. A phone agent confirmed it was switched to the store. An email from customer support confirmed it was switched to the store.

The first indication I had that this wasn't happening was the notification of attempted delivery to my home.
The only person I spoke to who had any knowledge as to why was at the local hub.

Same thing here, but mine is in transit from Zheng, hopefully we still get them by Monday
My delivery date went up to Thursday... it started on Monday then gradually kept getting delayed... the phone has been in Korea for 3 days.

Mine was (attempted to be) delivered the day after the scan in Louisville - and the date only changed to that the day before delivery. So. You could still have it monday.

Mine is due for delivery on or by October 7th. It's shipped already but has not yet left China.
View attachment 864651
Perhaps there is an early arrival in my future?

How do you figure it hasn't left china? There's a scan in Louisville right there.
If it scanned in Louisville this AM, you should have a delivery attempt Monday.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
How do you figure it hasn't left china? There's a scan in Louisville right there.
Ah, I didn't think it had arrived until the mark for Louisville was filled in. That's how we do it at FedEx anyway. :)

luijo123

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
South Carolina
Yeah, mine said it was switched to the store. A phone agent confirmed it was switched to the store. An email from customer support confirmed it was switched to the store.

The first indication I had that this wasn't happening was the notification of attempted delivery to my home.
The only person I spoke to who had any knowledge as to why was at the local hub.

Mine was (attempted to be) delivered the day after the scan in Louisville - and the date only changed to that the day before delivery. So. You could still have it monday.

You were right. It's ready for Pickup. ?

1569853360220.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.