Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Im updating to 13.1 right now but its been stuck on the apple logo with the little loop thing underneath now for a good 20 minutes. Any advice?

edit- I ended up rebooting and then had to download the update again. All’s good.

Last edited:

ike00

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
Still waiting on mine! UPS always seems to arrive late when I'm really looking forward to a package ?
Edit: Well, it arrived immediately after I posted that, hooray!

Is there an easier way to update the new phone to 13.1 without going through the whole... set up as a new phone/erase/restore procedure?

SparklyOne

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Ok the low light camera is impressive. I took these simultaneously using 2x and did auto edit on each for comparison. the 11 pro was in my left hand, X in my right.
11 pro:
68400829-FEBD-4DB9-8BE8-218724A0BA7D.jpeg

X:

A154C8E0-C327-4860-A3E0-B41E92290E6F.jpeg

imutter

macrumors 6502
In the past with apple products they've always required a signature. Even though I have a signature on file with UPS and in UPS choice have it set to be left on the porch they still require a signature on apple products. Every time without fail so far.

What's also disturbing is how many times delivery drives and thrown or dropped packages. Ever since we got the nest doorbell and can see the camera we've seen it quite a bit. They won't even walk up the 2 steps on the porch. They've thrown the package. The last guy walked up the porch but wouldn't bend down, just dropped it. I've had one guy actually slam the package down. These packages weren't fragile but they don't know that.
This has happened with both UPS and amazon drivers. I've never seen it from Fedex or DHL.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
It’s finally here!!!!! I’m still suing UPS for emotional distress, but YAY!!! View attachment 864005
awesome glad it made it. Been enjoying mine, dang the thing is fast, and the cameras are better than I hoped from all the reviews very happy. see you all next year perhaps?
[automerge]1569556288[/automerge]
Everyone, it’s been a blast - thanks for keeping this week of waiting entertaining. Enjoy your new phones (and good luck to those of you still waiting), and I hope to see you all around here in the forum again in the future!!
Take care it has been fun

plasmo

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
Got my 11 pro max, and just migrated my old phone data/info to the new one which worked well.
My cellular service/calls (AT&T) do not work on the new phone though.... do I need to put my old phone sim card in the new 11 pro max? thx

khpatel8

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2019
Got my 11 pro max, and just migrated my old phone data/info to the new one which worked well.
My cellular service/calls (AT&T) do not work on the new phone though.... do I need to put my old phone sim card in the new 11 pro max? thx
yes you put your old sim in the new phone. that's how it works

chaospet

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011
awesome glad it made it. Been enjoying mine, dang the thing is fast, and the cameras are better than I hoped from all the reviews very happy. see you all next year perhaps?
[automerge]1569556288[/automerge]

Take care it has been fun

Yeah I’ve been playing with the cameras a bit, and they are impressive! Night mode is incredible. And I’m finding that portrait mode is a lot snappier and better than on my old phone.

Bryan98

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2019
Enjoying the heck outta my phone super fast, Had trouble when updating to 13.1 but just rebooted the phone and updated all over again and it worked.

BBD90

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
What did you guys do about being double charged for the iPhone Upgrade Program? I contacted Apple today and they referred me to Citizen One. I am assuming Citizen One is going to refer me back to Apple lol.

stevejobs>apple

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2013
Cali
What did you guys do about being double charged for the iPhone Upgrade Program? I contacted Apple today and they referred me to Citizen One. I am assuming Citizen One is going to refer me back to Apple lol.

Im curious about this, I got double charged as well.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I didn't have to. I just activated it through AT&T when it asked and it was fine as is without moving the sim card.
I didn't have to mess with the SIM card either., At some point during the setup, the phone asked to confirm my ATT phone number, then zip code and SSN and activated it automatically for me.

itmaybeokay

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Well, this approaches a worst case scenario.

No signature required, shouldn't be a problem right?

IMG_6601.jpg

NOPE - UPS says NO PHONE FOR YOU!

IMG_6738.jpg

UPS Manager says that the contract specifically and absolutely requires a signature. That's interesting.

IMG_6687.jpg

Trying to get to the bottom of this, but Apple continues to insist a signature isn't required.

IMG_6688.jpg

It's like mommy and daddy are fighting over here..

Meanwhile, If you call UPS with one of these tracking numbers there's literally a recording noting that the apple shipments require a signature.

Yet people are saying their phones were delivered without one.

There's no way to pre-sign since apple isn't showing the E-InfoNotice (since they insist no signature is required).

And there was no way for me to take the day off since the delivery date wasn't set until the day before.

Now, that's a special kind of infuriating.

Looks like a fun filled trip to the UPS hub for me.

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO YOU? YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO MONEY DAMAGES!
CONTACT THE LAW FIRM OF DEWEY, SCREWUM & HOWE TO LEARN MORE!

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
That is bogus. I’ve always assumed that Apple requires signature. However - UPS is very inconsistent. When my phone was delivered yesterday, in fact, the driver just left it on my porch and headed back to his truck even though I was home and ready to sign for it. He didn’t even knock or ring the doorbell!

Reactions: Kat1661

chaospet

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011
Well, this approaches a worst case scenario.

No signature required, shouldn't be a problem right?

View attachment 864203

NOPE - UPS says NO PHONE FOR YOU!

View attachment 864204

UPS Manager says that the contract specifically and absolutely requires a signature. That's interesting.

View attachment 864205

Trying to get to the bottom of this, but Apple continues to insist a signature isn't required.

View attachment 864206

It's like mommy and daddy are fighting over here..

Meanwhile, If you call UPS with one of these tracking numbers there's literally a recording noting that the apple shipments require a signature.

Yet people are saying their phones were delivered without one.

There's no way to pre-sign since apple isn't showing the E-InfoNotice (since they insist no signature is required).

And there was no way for me to take the day off since the delivery date wasn't set until the day before.

Now, that's a special kind of infuriating.

Looks like a fun filled trip to the UPS hub for me.

HAS THIS HAPPENED TO YOU? YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO MONEY DAMAGES!
CONTACT THE LAW FIRM OF DEWEY, SCREWUM & HOWE TO LEARN MORE!

Sue! Sue them all!!!

Reactions: Kat1661
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.