Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I was using an XS until it suddenly got real bad this year. The battery started acting sketchy. I was mulling over paying the $90 to replace the battery or forking up for a new iphone. Ended up buying an iphone 13 from a fire sale deal target had. TBH while I was dragging my feet I switched daily driver duty over to my android phone and found I actually... preferred it? Aside from the apple watch not working with it lol.
Same! I don't have the funds to upgrade phones but my XS Max is sitting at 65% battery health and it is NOT a happy camper these days. I'm going to try and make it last another year so I can get a regular 15 when the 16's come out - I really want that USB-C connector!

Last edited:

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Same! I don't have the funds to upgrade phones but my XS Max is sitting at 65% battery health and it is NOT a happy camper these days. I'm going to try and max it last another year so I can get a regular 15 when the 16's come out - I really want that USB-C connector!

Jikes just get that battery replaced. I gave my MS Max to my mum in December and she’s happy

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
so much for being environmentally conscious.

(for the record having a tool that lists the differences between models is fine and useful - its the marketing speak that i just find tiresome)

Reactions: Lyrics23

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Imagine a combination in dropdown menu there is an easter egg... just in time for easter

Look, we need to increase sales. The shareholders are so so demanding. Please just buy a new iPhone... the one you have is great, but its last years model. Who wants that. You know you want a new iPhone. Go on, you want it... the experience of opening up a new iPhone

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It’s hilarious how they don’t put the iPhone 13 lineup in the comparaison. Must be not enough changes :p
Not enough meaningful changes to justify spending so much. It’s Apple quietly acknowledging that they’re not adding enough changes in recent models to hook someone with a two-year-old iPhone to upgrade. Something that would’ve been no problem years ago.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Think of all the YouTube videos this site makes redundant

You wish - the Youtubers will just read the article via screen record with themselves cropped in the corner and offer their 'hot takes' as they go.

...Oh god, the next step is them reacting to the comments section of MacRumours.

Reactions: jhwalker
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.