Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aiii83

macrumors member
May 13, 2021
I laughed out loud when I saw the drop down stops at the 12 Pro Max. Even Apple is embarrassed how little has changed in three years in their 1000+ Euro products.

But I agree, no reason to update from the 13 yet. We’ll see this year, but I suspect another year is easily doable.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Ironic since Apple has struggled to give us a reason to upgrade. I have no doubt that they could make iPhone hardware exciting again, but taking ANY chance on their biggest cash cow seems out of the question.

ddhhddhh2

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2021
Taipei
It's a shame that Apple hasn't provided a compelling reason to upgrade to the iPhone 7 Plus. Looks like I can keep using mine. Thanks, Apple.

D-a-a-n

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
If they really want people to upgrade, they should make the messages for phones older than 2 years green bubbles only. Or, at least phone exclusive emoji for new models.
People will be waiting in line to get access to the new eggplant emoji!

SidricTheViking

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2014
There is a discussion on another board about this. Buying them from Canada where they still have both SIM card support and an eSIM. Problem is there is no warranty coverage for the device in the United States. You would have to bring it to Apple in Canada for warranty support. My solution was a 13 Pro. Supports both the SIM and eSIM like the Canadian 15.
I’m surprised to hear that there’s no warranty support. Here in Europe we have warranty support across the continent and even farther afield. It must be because of the different physical iPhone body. I’ve read that iPhones from China and Hong Kong have the same issue, as they have two physical SIM slots and no eSIM.

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
This is 100% dishonest because reason No 1 for them is to make more money.
They skip it and make this page seem like they’re doing us a favor, almost like a public service.
When in fact this is designed for them to make more money.
My wife has iPhone 11 Pro and my iPhone 14 Pro Max is only marginally better.
Apple year to year upgrades are completely pointless.

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2018
There is zero reason to upgrade because all the new AI malarkey will only be available on the iPhone 16 Pro Ultra World Conquerer running the T2 Skynet chip and sporting the Red Pill cutout.

Last edited:

ric22

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2022
I laughed out loud when I saw the drop down stops at the 12 Pro Max. Even Apple is embarrassed how little has changed in three years in their 1000+ Euro products.

But I agree, no reason to update from the 13 yet. We’ll see this year, but I suspect another year is easily doable.
Are they embarrassed or have the products simply matured? What further improvements do you think can be made to an iPhone 15PM? It's damn near perfect...

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

ric22

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2022
There is a discussion on another board about this. Buying them from Canada where they still have both SIM card support and an eSIM. Problem is there is no warranty coverage for the device in the United States. You would have to bring it to Apple in Canada for warranty support. My solution was a 13 Pro. Supports both the SIM and eSIM like the Canadian 15.
Doesn't Apple Care+ provide worldwide warranty?

ric22

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2022
It's a shame that Apple hasn't provided a compelling reason to upgrade to the iPhone 7 Plus. Looks like I can keep using mine. Thanks, Apple.
What are you looking for the phone to do?? There's an absolute heap of reasons to upgrade from a phone that old...

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Not sure if this applies to non-US consumers, but something to note about AT&T in the US is their subsidy change. When I got my iPhone 13 Pro Max, the deal was you got bill credits to the tune of ~$1000 broken out across 36 months, when it used to be 24. This essentially pushed out the "free upgrade" cycle an extra year (unless you, the customer, wanted to pay off the phone early).

Just saying, this may be a factor on why they are only showing up to the 12 Pro Max.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.