Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ric22

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2022
I used to upgrade yearly then they took the physical sim slot I need for work for literally no reason.
Take a vacation to Hong Kong ;-)

I genuinely wouldn't buy a phone without a physical SIM slot in 2024- I travel a lot, and too many places around the world haven't got with the times yet and don't have eSIMs. I'm glad my UK purchased 15PM has both.

Docsta80

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Ha.... well there you go... giving us reasons to upgrade... literally.

This is the thing, and rightly highlighted at the end of the article... the market in some areas is just saturated. Some people don't need a new iPhone, the one they have is fine.

Upgrade cycles for the vast majority of consumers are getting longer and longer.
100% fact

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
Great, a decision - no more swithering about whether I should upgrade to 15 from my iPhone 12Pro - there is no signifiant difference other than battery life, speed and camera features - all of which I can do without and still be happy ;)

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Well, Apple is still selling the iPhone 13, iPhone 14, and 14 Plus. Why would they even mention those series under then upgrade from.
Well, I would think they would want to convince someone with a two and a half year old phone to upgrade (iPhone 13 owner) like they would’ve in the past, but I guess with what they have to offer, it’s a real hard sell so why bother.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Huh, marketing campaign trying to boost sales from Apple? Must be new bruh.
And here are two reasons to NOT upgrade. Beat the below 2 and we can talk.
1. No compelling reason. What I have is enough for me so why upgrade.
2. I can’t afford exorbitant prices you are asking for, even if I want to upgrade.
Apple, spend some time solve these problems, then you won’t need to beg users to upgrade.

zapmymac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2016
SoCal ☀️
I am quite happy with my 13PM! As usual, someone coming from an older phone or Android may be in for a great experience though 🥳😀

SidricTheViking

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2014
I used to upgrade yearly then they took the physical sim slot I need for work for literally no reason.
You could buy an iPhone 15 from New Zealand, Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, the UK, Japan, Austria, Brazil, South Korea, Ireland, Argentina, Singapore, the UAE, Italy, Peru, Sweden, Indonesia, Mexico, Australia, Israel, Germany, Vietnam, Poland, South Africa, Turkiye, Belgium, India, the Netherlands, Thailand, Portugal, the Philippines, Greece, etc. if you need a physical SIM card. In other words, any country around the globe where Apple sells iPhones other than the US!
😄🤣🙃

Zzznorch

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
Back in February I upgraded… from a 6S Plus to an Apple Refurbished 13 Pro. First, I saw no real difference in the 15 Pro to cough up several hundred dollars more and two, I wanted to use my physical SIM card and that stopped being an option in the United States models with the 14 onward. The 13 Pro is fine and I hope to keep it for six years as I did with the 6S Plus. Probably replace it with a 19 when the 21’s are the current model.

Zzznorch

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
You could buy an iPhone 15 from New Zealand, Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, the UK, Japan, Austria, Brazil, South Korea, Ireland, Argentina, Singapore, the UAE, Italy, Peru, Sweden, Indonesia, Mexico, Australia, Israel, Germany, Vietnam, Poland, South Africa, Turkiye, Belgium, India, the Netherlands, Thailand, Portugal, the Philippines, Greece, etc. if you need a physical SIM card. In other words, any country around the globe where Apple sells iPhones other than the US!
😄🤣🙃
There is a discussion on another board about this. Buying them from Canada where they still have both SIM card support and an eSIM. Problem is there is no warranty coverage for the device in the United States. You would have to bring it to Apple in Canada for warranty support. My solution was a 13 Pro. Supports both the SIM and eSIM like the Canadian 15.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I don’t see the problem with this. There’s a whole world outside of these forums, and it’s full of people who have no clue what a “Super Retina XDR display” (for example) is. I’ve actually used this website to compare my mom’s old phone to the 15 for fun, just to see what she missed out on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.