Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davstaylor

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2014
Aberdeen, Scotland
o3FBTB1.jpg

Random hero

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
^^^^^^^^

Anyone else read that transcript and imagine an office worker jogging across the office to a bunch of desks with a massive "Apple Pay Team" sign above their heads and about six guys just sat there.... One is spinning on an office chair, one is colouring in an entire page of A4 with a biro, 2 are twanging elastic bands at each other, one is constantly refreshing a web page and the last is just bashing his head on the desk!

Davstaylor

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2014
Aberdeen, Scotland
^^^^^^^^

Anyone else read that transcript and imagine an office worker jogging across the office to a bunch of desks with a massive "Apple Pay Team" sign above their heads and about six guys just sat there.... One is spinning on an office chair, one is colouring in an entire page of A4 with a biro, 2 are twanging elastic bands at each other, one is constantly refreshing a web page and the last is just bashing his head on the desk!
I'd imagine it would be frustrating for that team at the moment as if they are "ready to go" as with what Mastercard claim and they just need the green light they will be doing not much work at the moment as I bet they would have been told to have everything ready for the 1st at 8am or something by their management incase Apple said go live.

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
^^^^^^^^

Haha, dude, you just described half of my working life. Time spent sitting around while waiting for other people to finish their work before I can start mine.

work3d

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2015
London
....ok, this is gonna be a dumb question but, how exactly do we add our bank cards to our iPhones (I'm with Santander)?!

It'll be in the passbook app (which is being renamed to wallet in iOS9) you take a photo of your card, you enter a few more details and verify the card is yours with your bank, and that's it.

Reactions: Dino F

Billberryjuice

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
UK
It'll be in the passbook app (which is being renamed to wallet in iOS9) you take a photo of your card, you enter a few more details and verify the card is yours with your bank, and that's it.
I hope nothing goes wrong and the switch-on is simultaneous for both iOS and WatchOS - I have a 5s and a Watch and don't imagine the Passbook option will be available on my phone (I hear you have to set up Apple Pay separately in the Watch config app) - I can just envision all the 6/6s owners getting it and some delay/bug stopping me from using it!

work3d

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2015
London
I hope nothing goes wrong and the switch-on is simultaneous for both iOS and WatchOS - I have a 5s and a Watch and don't imagine the Passbook option will be available on my phone (I hear you have to set up Apple Pay separately in the Watch config app) - I can just envision all the 6/6s owners getting it and some delay/bug stopping me from using it!

No, the watch can just be set to mirror your iPhone. If you put it in the passbook app it should show in your watch.

Billberryjuice

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
UK
No, the watch can just be set to mirror your iPhone. If you put it in the passbook app it should show in your watch.
I see, but still my concern is that the option may not even appear in my phone's Passbook app as that device doesn't have the secure element, only my watch does. My above post was only half-serious though, I'm sure they'll become available simultaneously, but we're all allowed our irrational fears!

producerlawson

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
York/Birmingham
I'm starting to getting pissed with these "month" dates. Apple could at least cut our hopes a little better by stating 'sometime in month' - twice they've let me down with this, first my AW, now AP.

Reactions: tomaustin44

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK

Not so, you have to add your cards to each device individually in iOS 8. iOS 9 will allow you to add cards from your phone to your watch/vice versa without having to set it up again.

youngmru

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2015
How far off release can we be? The nationwide CEO is actively using Apple Pay. So it's a matter of being switched on for the masses.

producerlawson

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
York/Birmingham
Both of the two banks I use (confirmed for a July release) keep adding their sarcy tag to the end of their answers "watch this space.." They claim not to have any date on the horizon; yet are pushing the annoying message.

KaPOWitsCHRIS

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
United Kingdom
Just spoke to a support rep from Apple. He was told that "mid-July" was thrown around but no firm date.

Personally, if it's going to be soon, I think it'll be Friday or Monday. If not, mid to late July.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.