Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I wonder if Apple Pay will be activated once the iOS 9 Beta drops next week?

Strangely I turned my iPad Air 2 on this lunch time and the Passbook & Apple Pay setting was in my Settings menu despite the region being set to United Kingdom.

Davstaylor

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2014
Aberdeen, Scotland
I wonder if Apple Pay will be activated once the iOS 9 Beta drops next week?

Strangely I turned my iPad Air 2 on this lunch time and the Passbook & Apple Pay setting was in my Settings menu despite the region being set to United Kingdom.
Over the days i'll get bored at work I am sure and keep trying and just see how it goes. I'll also try B3 when it hits next week.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
Over the days i'll get bored at work I am sure and keep trying and just see how it goes. I'll also try B3 when it hits next week.

I keep trying here on my iPhone/iPad.

On my iPad it asks me for my iTunes password and then brings up the option to add my card before failing and telling me to contact my card issuer.

On my iPhone it won't work via Passbook but will allow me to add a card under Settings>Passbook & Apple Pay before failing (as above.)

I know patience is a virtue but I really want to use it!

JaJaWa

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2013
Hong Kong | London
First Direct now saying end of July.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 21.20.02.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 21.20.02.png
    172 KB · Views: 369
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 21.19.33.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 21.19.33.png
    167 KB · Views: 397

KaPOWitsCHRIS

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
United Kingdom
I changed to US region, attempted to add my Santander 123 credit card, says my issuer doesn't support Apple Pay at the moment, I then tried my Santander debit card, got a step further but then it failed. I then got the following text a text saying my card failed to register for Apple Pay and to call them to check my card.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
I changed to US region, attempted to add my Santander 123 credit card, says my issuer doesn't support Apple Pay at the moment, I then tried my Santander debit card, got a step further but then it failed. I then got the following text a text saying my card failed to register for Apple Pay and to call them to check my card.

Did you get to view the Terms and Conditions re: Apple Pay on your Santander Debit card?

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
Reactions: KaPOWitsCHRIS

handsomelife

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
I don't even have Passbook listed under settings on my iPhone 6.

Is that strange? I can go in the app and select + but nothing shows in settings.

Richy23

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Really looking forward to Apple Pay in the UK and it's going to be good that we'll be able to use on the Tube as well - not sure if I'll want my phone out during rush out though! :p

Billberryjuice

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
UK
Really looking forward to Apple Pay in the UK and it's going to be good that we'll be able to use on the Tube as well - not sure if I'll want my phone out during rush out though! :p
that's the beauty of it - it only works if you're holding your thumb/finger over the touchID sensor, unlike contactless cards (and presumably the silly bpay "wearables") that will authorise a payment to basically anything it brushes near to.

redrog

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
I have have both Nationwide and RBS cards. When I try to set them up, the Nationwide one comes up with a full T&Cs but the RBS one only has a few lines and doesn't look quite ready. The T&Cs can be accepted but neither will get past the "Adding Card" page, obviously. Looks like an authentication issue with the banks rather than Apple.

I reckon that once the banks are ready, we will be able to set them up regardless of whether Apple have flicked the switch to enable the UK region or not. But I would expect this only to be the difference of a few hours maximum.

I'll keep trying though.

jacks77

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
I'm going to reluctantly listen to First Direct and assume it will be the end of the month, which is a shame.

From a potentially naive point of view, I can't see what is taking so long. Clearly, Apple Pay works as the Nationwide CEO is using it, and Contactless is already a well established technology. Apple Pay itself is proven, working in the US, and the software is there on our phones. Bizarre.

redrog

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
I'm going to reluctantly listen to First Direct and assume it will be the end of the month, which is a shame.

From a potentially naive point of view, I can't see what is taking so long. Clearly, Apple Pay works as the Nationwide CEO is using it, and Contactless is already a well established technology. Apple Pay itself is proven, working in the US, and the software is there on our phones. Bizarre.

I suspect the answer to that is that Apple are waiting for ALL the launch banks to be ready. Some will be ahead of others in their testing and neither Apple nor the banks will want the flack associated with it working for some customers and not others.

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
Nationwide are definitely ready for Apple Pay. But looks like most of the other banks aren't. It's sad that all launch banks must be ready at the same time before opening it up.

redrog

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
Nationwide are definitely ready for Apple Pay. But looks like most of the other banks aren't. It's sad that all launch banks must be ready at the same time before opening it up.

Well the good news is that I think there are only 4 banks we need to worry about - Santander, HSBC, Nationwide and RBS. (The others are all owned by RBS)

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
Well the good news is that I think there are only 4 banks we need to worry about - Santander, HSBC, Nationwide and RBS. (The others are all owned by RBS)
Why do we have to worry about Nationwide? Their Apple Pay system is ready.

If you mean the entire launch however then yeah, we may have to worry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.