Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
It's amazing how things look when you manipulate photos. Here's how it actually looks.

kVK6YAu.jpeg

It also just exists as a waypoint between places. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breezewood,_Pennsylvania

I’m not sure I see your point. It’s a small slightly touristy American town in the middle of nowhere that’s basically a high way rest stop. Tbh the zoomed out view is more charming than the barrage of corporate logos.

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleNYC

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
I wouldn’t go to a mall anywhere these days. They are unsafe places. While it was nice living in a civilized society that makes it that much harder to endure the present and face our future.
The malls that are closing are mostly because their anchor stores like Macy’s are struggling and couldn’t attract new tenants. The malls that have more up to date or specialty stores are doing just fine. Some are even expanding where I live and there are always people shopping there while others are becoming decrepit by the day.

Last edited:

MacWiz_007

Suspended
Jan 10, 2023
🇺🇸
UK here. We have malls just like the ones you have in the USA. They are generally very safe places.

Go figure.
To be fair, 20-25 years ago malls in the US were very safe places as well. I used to go to malls all the time when I was younger, never had a single issue. But then things started to change. We all know what the problem is. I'm not going to discuss it further though because I can see that leading to a suspension or outright ban...just for telling the truth of the matter.

cmcbhi

Contributor
Nov 3, 2014
To be fair, 20-25 years ago malls in the US were very safe places as well. I used to go to malls all the time when I was younger, never had a single issue. But then things started to change. We all know what the problem is. I'm not going to discuss it further though because I can see that leading to a suspension or outright ban...just for telling the truth of the matter.
Absolutely correct.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
Shootings are happening at many malls across the US. I won't go to a mall on a Friday-Sunday anymore. I only will go if I have to from like 10am-1pm Monday through Thursday. You're pretty safe from thugs during that time frame. Weekends?? Hell no.

Last edited:

hudson1

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2012
That's unfortunate. I'm guessing they're going to relocate to a safer neighborhood in Charlotte.

We need to find a way to crack down and prevent violence in the streets, it's been out of control the past couple years.
Overall, which I know means little to any given location, violent crime is NOT increasing in the USA. Statistics show it's not much above the lowest levels in decades though no longer continuing to decline.

Last edited:

Someyoungguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2012
And even attempting to discuss it will get you a quick visit from the Ban Hammer.

I bet these guys become absolutely enraged when called what they are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.