Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeShades

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2010
Williamstown, NJ
Not sure if I posted it here but in New Jersey places like the wash post and New York tokes list this state as having over 700 on hospitals but only around 250 of those are because of COVID. There is an incentive for many people to keep the fear going, from more money from congress, websites clicks, ratings and book deals. I have no doubt that many people you see on message boards and Reddit and Twitter are paid shills. It happens all the time on forums for various reason. One example is amazon reviews.

BruiserBear

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Let’s turn everything upside down over something with a 98% survival rate. Most of the deaths involve multiple comorbidities.
1 million deaths is way too high of a number. My friends grandma died of a heart issue she was late 70s and was on her deathbed. But because she caught Covid the hospital labeled that as the cause even though it wasn’t. The family is still trying to get it changed. There are cases of people dieing of gunshot wounds but because they were Covid positive that’s what cause of death was listed as. The thing is hospitals got money for Covid patients and deaths.
In addition the PCR tests that were used for the longest time couldn’t tell the difference between the flu and Covid. Many of those Covid positive results were probably just flu. None of the numbers that have been reported on anything are reliable and should not be believed. Everything and most of the means to obtain the info are not accurate. They’re not going to take the time to sequence every test.
Just absolute nonsense up and down. Provide one link to back up a single thing you just said.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Let’s turn everything upside down over something with a 98% survival rate. Most of the deaths involve multiple comorbidities.
1 million deaths is way too high of a number. My friends grandma died of a heart issue she was late 70s and was on her deathbed. But because she caught Covid the hospital labeled that as the cause even though it wasn’t. The family is still trying to get it changed. There are cases of people dieing of gunshot wounds but because they were Covid positive that’s what cause of death was listed as. The thing is hospitals got money for Covid patients and deaths.
In addition the PCR tests that were used for the longest time couldn’t tell the difference between the flu and Covid. Many of those Covid positive results were probably just flu. None of the numbers that have been reported on anything are reliable and should not be believed. Everything and most of the means to obtain the info are not accurate. They’re not going to take the time to sequence every test.

There were people that died of Covid in the ER, and the cause of death, from the coroner, was not Covid. But I'm not surprised. My very mother, who started smoking a pack a day at the age of 7, according to the coroner, did NOT, most definitely not, die from anything that remotely involved cigarettes. The family was blown away.

So, next time you hear someone say that ''X' doesn't cause someone to die', remember that no one sits there and demands any proof of the real cause of death, unless it possibly involves a crime, but I have my doubts about that too.

Covid deaths have been deliberately under reported in many states, and in many counties across this country. Some think we passed one million deaths months ago. Many states, Florida being one, said that the only way a person could be listed as 'death by Covid' was if they were tested as such, and Florida wasn't testing people. Oops... But their 'numbers' looked good...

agregson

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2020
I am not saying you are lying but I have known plenty of people with covid including my father that was in the hospital and none of them have long term issues yet when I check out reddit or other forums everyone has long covid and then have all been reinfected and they know tons of others with long covid, and not surprisingly these comments are from people that love masks and lockdowns, your story may be true but there are people out there with agendas exploting the people that actually do suffer
I agree with you. I know many people who have recovered also. Quite a few have minor issues months later such as a noticeable dry and unobtrusive slight cough. Many report no real lasting effects.

I should probably mention I have OCD and ASD and I am very tuned into often unnoticed traits in the behaviour and mannerisms of others. I often joke "I just see things others don't see" which can freak folk out a little. It is a way of making light of an issue that is far from light for me - a coping mechanism if you wish.

I do not like masks and detest lockdowns.

The lockdown and isolation has done incredible damage to my mental health. As I mentioned I have OCD and spent years learning to cope with my desire to implement coping mechanisms - cleaning, hygiene, danger from others and so on. All of a sudden every message I had from therapy was suddenly the public health message. I am sure you can imagine what that has done. What annoys me are the "professionals", politicians and others who simply fail to see why this is a problem or why I cannot simply stop doing that. Of course, I had been missing their insight and wisdom for so many years and despite being highly intelligent and having high functioning autistic traits (a polite way of saying I avoid labels as I have done all my life) I missed the obvious and should simply have stopped thinking of these actions.

I also do not like masks. As mentioned I have ASD so wearing a mask which draws attention and is restrictive is not easy. I would love to cast it aside and not feel it is either helpful or necessary.

As for your suggestion that folk are always exploiting agendas I could not agree more. For one reason or another so many like to seize on a situation and use it to promote their ideals and supress the desires and consideration of others.

In 2008 I suffered a very serious viral infection that led to numerous secondary complications. Never really found out what it was though it started as an upper respiratory infection then led to secondary lower respiratory infection, laryngitis and other issues. As I am a lifetime sufferer of asthma this was not pleasant. I went through numerous courses of various antibiotics, steroids, decongestants (not the over the counter type), antivirals and others. I don't think I slept in any reasonable quality for most of that time. After over 8 weeks I managed to overcome it but was left with a permanent weakness in upper respiratory tract that leaves me susceptible to complications from even minor rhinoviral infection which often leads to steroids, antibiotics and others. Since 2008 I have suffered numerous repeat bouts.

In 2018 I suffered another serious viral infection which I can almost trace to point of infection when I was aware I was in company of someone with a viral infection. Within 24 hours I had the common sign of slight burning in lower respiratory tract. Another serious escalation followed. By day 7 or 8 I went to bed in such pain and aching so badly, struggling to breath and with other issues I would not have been surprised to not wake up. The usual would of steroids, antibiotics and others took 4 weeks to feel even half normal and another 4 weeks to recover. Again I had no idea what had triggered the infection.

In November 2019 I caught a very odd viral infection. I had all sorts of respiratory complications and felt truly awful. Again I had to take antivirals, antibiotics and others. This lasted until January before I felt anyway normal. I always wondered what this was given proximity to CoVid.

Since start of CoVid I have taken part in surveys for ONS and tested many times, offering PCR, antigen and antibody blood tests I take at home. I was early in vaccine list and carried out antibody tests before and at intervals after vaccine to feedback levels of antibody response. For those interested I had no antibody detection just prior to vaccine suggesting no prior infection then showed a huge antibody response especially at 2 weeks following vaccine. This has and does drop off quite quickly. I remain largely isolated from people, live alone, work from home, shop entirely online and have few visits to shops or similar and none to those that are crowded. I wondered why I was so valuable to survey given my isolation but apparently it was for this reason I was useful. At least my condition and social aversion eventually was useful to someone! (Another agenda and reason I was given so many incentives and free tests? ;-))

Anyway, I do not advocate that lockdowns and masks should be enforced. I prefer to see lockdown as a last resort and would prefer not to do this again. If continued use of masks, hygiene, testing and vaccination allows this then I am all for the latter while it has proven benefits.

I also believe anything that can be done to reduce demand on healthcare facilities and professionals must be worth doing. So many folk in need of care are being delayed or denied due to the demand. Surely the use of masks if it has even a modest effect release capacity for these in more need is another benefit.

Reactions: JoeShades

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
I’m not going to go look up a link but the PCR test debacle was confirmed by the CDC when they put out a press release saying they were bad and couldn’t be used anymore.
Even Kary Mullis, inventor of PCR (who conveniently and suspiciously passed away in August 2019), said it wasn’t to be used in any diagnostic context, for it is far too sensitive given the exponential amplification to which a sample is subjected.

It’s a fabricated casedemic, people. I’m sorry you have been lied to by and conditioned by your favorite televised legacy corporate media to love and to demand your servitude.

65BA7936-558F-47C3-98C4-69686B829C68.jpeg

Last edited:

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
But, you’re vaccinated. Isn’t it supposed to prevent you from going to the hospital?
No. It’s supposed to make it less likely that you go to the hospital. Over 85% of Canadians are vaccinated. You’re comparing a large population to a much smaller one, many of whom also have a degree of immunity from exposure to the virus.

A MacBook lover

Suspended
May 22, 2009
D.C.
Is that your belief? An absolute with no middle ground?

I believe in effective medical treatment. I love effective vaccines too. The covid vaccines seem about effective as injecting water. Vaccinated people still calling out of work for their 5th covid run. Like what?

Didn’t the president say this?

From: “You’re not going to get covid if you have these vaccinations”:

To: “It’s a very very low risk to catch covid 19 with vaccine”:

Then it evolved to: you won’t go to the hospital if you’re vaccinated.

Now it’s not even that 🤷‍♀️ .

What’s next? You are less likely to die if your vaccinated? That’s a far cry from “you won’t get covid if your vaccinated/very very low risk of catching covid”…..

Idk. I don’t like being lied to

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I believe in effective medical treatment. I love effective vaccines too. The covid vaccines seem about effective as injecting water. Vaccinated people still calling out of work for their 5th covid run. Like what?

Now it’s not even that ?‍♀️ .

What’s next? You are less likely to die if your vaccinated? That’s a far cry from “you won’t get covid if your vaccinated/very very low risk of catching covid”…..

This makes no sense. This MR bash fest is being posted today. Why dig up the history of getting through the pandemic from 2+ years ago when there is a prevailing body of knowledge in may 2022?

If you feel you’ve been lied to, ain’t anybody here gonna change mind…just like your not going to change many other posters mind. It’s a matter of who keeps the perseverance of post after post of whatever they can dig up from YouTube to support their position.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008

Now it’s not even that ?‍♀️ .

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how vaccines work and are choosing to promote misinformation. The vaccines available in the US are extremely effective. It's been said from the start that they are 90-95% effective, so pretending that someone promised you they were 100% effective is completely disingenuous.

That effectiveness wanes over time. But that's not because they didn't work. They provided the immune response as designed. Unfortunately, over time, our bodies are not able to generate the proper immune response fast enough to prevent illness even though they do have the blueprints from responding to the vaccine.

Reactions: I7guy

remington79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2020
They edited the definition of vaccine to fit their narrative. A true vaccine provides immunity. This thing being marketed is more accurately a plain Jane shot like a flu shot. It’s not a vaccine.

Reactions: Jim Lahey

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
They edited the definition of vaccine to fit their narrative. A true vaccine provides immunity. This thing being marketed is more accurately a plain Jane shot like a flu shot. It’s not a vaccine.
None of that is true. They edited it because people like you were misinterpreting immunity to mean something it doesn't. In the context of viruses, immunity refers to an immune response by the body. It doesn't mean immune in the superhero sense.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
No they changed to because they had to lower the bar because the shot wasn’t living up to the hype.
Nope. They didn't change the meaning at all. They just made it more understandable to a layman.

And then after the clot shot came out we spent 2 years demonizing sneezes and coughs but normalizing strokes and myocarditis.
Ahh. Sorry. You are all in on the misinformation. I'll leave you be.

Reactions: MorganB

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
Regardless of which side of the fence one sits on, it's at least refreshing to see that this discussion is being allowed to stand without the censorship we've come to expect these days when anyone dares to speak counter to the prevailing winds 👍

remington79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2020

Reactions: A MacBook lover
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.