Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
Apple is now allowing cloud gaming apps like Xbox Cloud Gaming and Nvidia GeForce NOW.
If I can use GeForce Now, it looks like I'll once again be able to play Fortnite on the iPhone. I think this is a great reason to update immediately. :p

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
I don’t see how all these changes on a forced deadline do not introduce a lot of bugs.

I’ll keep 17.3.1 until at least 17.4.2.
Agreed. Unfortunately, politicians don't consider things like that (they'd actually have to understand the subject matter at hand). They care about throwing their weight around and getting their way, consequences be d***ed.

jdawgnoonan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Jefferson, WI
I could care less about the alternative app stores coming to the US, but I really want the alternative browser engines.

Last edited:

.wojtek

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2014
Sorry for the dumb question. So in the USA we’re not going to get alternative app stores?
Unfortunately tru, you have to make your congress push apple to do it because they won't do it on their own...

though, it should be way better (no need to apple fees at all)

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
I could care less about the alternative app stores coming to the US, but I really what the alternative browser engines.
Same. It would be nice to be able to use something other than what Safari is built on, and maybe to have an ability for extensions.

Reactions: jdawgnoonan

Tailpike1153

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2004
Bellevue, WA
This update switches the 24 hr clock format to 12 hrs.
I had to flip the switch back to 24 on iPhone/iPad.
A new bug has been created.
Carlos
Maybe it's a sign.
A sign that you've entered a parallel universe...
one where Apple gives you control of your device and allows you to choose your destiny.
Nah.
It's bug.

• Haha
Reactions: nitrobear

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
I think most Apple users are going to stick with the Apple App Store... most people don't have an issue with it, some companies have an issue using it.. but for the most part its the safest and best way for everyone to provide and download apps.

cbns

macrumors member
May 21, 2021
"Siri has a new option to announce messages you receive in any supported language"

where do I find this option?

"After updating to iOS 17.4, EU users that open Safari will see a pop up that allows them to choose a new default browser option from a list of the most popular browsers on iOS."

also don't have that pop up

dadiy

macrumors regular
May 27, 2010
Ridiculous. Still no live voicemail outside the USA. Even for English speaking countries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.