Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danieldk

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
Aren’t the EU paving the way for pirated games and apps or worse malware on to your iPhone by allowing you to apps and games from anywhere

Each and every app still needs to be notarized by Apple. If notarization doesn't catch it, Apple could still revoke the developer's certificate.

jdclifford

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
Sorry for the dumb question. So in the USA we’re not going to get alternative app stores?
AFAIK Apple’s doing it solely to comply with EU requirements so I doubt anything will change here until it’s legally forced to implement something similar to avoid anti-competitiveness litigation.

theeaglesfan005

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2015
Hopefully fixes the Music Recently Updated Sorting bug

Edit: le sigh... does not... hopefully fixed in 17.5

Last edited:
Reactions: jazz1

grschafer72

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2017
I sure hope it fixes the random bluetooth disconnecting issue with Carplay that has specifically plagued the 15 Pro Max since launch last September.

paulbart

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2008
I installed the iPadOS 17.4 RC last week, and found that when using the trackpad on my Magic Keyboard (my primary way to interact with my iPad Pro), very often I was unable to click on links in Safari/Chrome.

I could use my finger to click/follow the link, but moving the little mouse cursor with the trackpad and clicking with the trackpad failed. Not all the time, and it seemed that removing/reinstalling the keyboard (physical disconnect/reconnect) may have helped to 'fix' it, but the issue would come back later.

I downgraded back to 17.3.1, and will hold-off until a newer version.

It sounds like the RC that I used last week may be slightly different from today's RC. But, I'm afraid to update again only to have Apple "pull" the ability to downgrade (stop signing 17.3.1)

It would be nice to see a change log with an explicit 'fix' for this bug, but I doubt that'll happen :(

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
iOS 17.4 fixed the syncing bug! Ever since installing iOS 17.2 I was forever killing MDCrashReportTool every time I synced the iphone with the computer via terminal command

Code:
pkill -9 "MDCrashReportTool"

because it would hang at "preparing to sync"

But now I won't have to do that anymore.

So I'm loving iOS 17.4 right now.

I just hope that bug never raises its ugly head again.

• Love
Reactions: kitKAC

lee647

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2022
ios 17.4 is released now where watch os 10.4 and vision os 1.1? they all should be released together

nitrobear

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2024
Agreed. Unfortunately, politicians don't consider things like that (they'd actually have to understand the subject matter at hand). They care about throwing their weight around and getting their way, consequences be d***ed.
They’ve had over a year and a half to comply about it, how much time does one of the biggest corporations in this planet need according to you?

NavySilver

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2012
New York, NY
The update to the podcast app singlehandedly persuaded me to come back to iOS podcast app for the first time in ~3 years. I've been bouncing around from Castro to Spotify to Pocket Casts and didn't even consider coming back to Apple Podcasts until this week.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Can we join 2024 Apple? I pay for my data not you. Not allowing cellular download is stupid.
Also if you’re connected to CarPlay you can’t. Even if you turn CarPlay off and turn off the engine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.