Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calisurfboy

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
Has messages in Catalina been updated to match iOS 13 meaning the search feature on Messages in Catalina now works and is useful?

Chris The Bipolarbear

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Волгоград
You tell us, did you go from Build 19A582a to build 19A583? :)

I'm on the Beta 11/GM, too, and the final doesn't appear in my Software Update, either, making me assume the two versions are practically identical.
If you eat the final release remove the option to get betas then check for updates. If you don't you won't get this release but will still get further betas when they start developing 10.15.1 etc

mudflap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2007
Chicago
This update is killing Team Fortress 2 on the Mac due to the 64-bit requirement.

TF2 is a very casual game for me. Every now and then I jump on a server, have some fun, and jump out. It's not going to be worth it for me to get a Windows machine or a boot camp partition to keep playing, which means when I finally do upgrade to Catalina I'll probably be done with TF2.

This makes me extremely sad. All because Apple developed this weird hatred of 32 bit code.

I'm bummed I won't be able to play Jedi Outcast natively on my iMac. At least I can play it via Boot Camp. I know it's older than dirt but I love to play it through again every couple years. I love that game.
[automerge]1570471264[/automerge]
question to anyone who upgraded, can you still use widgets.

Dashboard is history.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Is Sidecar available on the 2012 iMac?

I know that during early betas it wasn’t but I haven’t followed the beta progression. The website says it’s limited to iPad Pros without adding a qualifier for the type of Mac.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepIn2U

twistedpixel8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2017
Can anyone confirm if Adobe Creative Suite 6 still works in Catalina? I paid them a small fortune for that and am not yet ready to start paying them monthly...

Reactions: JosephAW

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
On 10.14.6 and have gotten an error message 3x about 4GB through what it says is an 8GB+ download.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
To make the bootable usb installer for Catalina, once downloaded to the Applications folder format a 16GB USB as HFS+ Journaled, call it Untitled and run this command in Terminal:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled

(Note: The word Beta has now been removed from the name so if you've been making bootable usbs for the betas, this command has now changed)

You can then boot up with option key and select the bootable usb.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
Looks like the servers are under immense load at the moment. Tried to download the update and it just failed without any message at 0.5 GB. Tried to update again, started at half a GB, slowly went to 3 GB and then I got the message that my network connection has been disconnected (it has not ?). Third time's a charm: Started again at 0.5 GB, let's see how it goes.

K4LK

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Loving the new update but I'm still having iCloud syncing issues with some programs.

There are still bugs. I cannot access the Pages & Numbers directories in the root iCloud Drive but I can see them in Mojave & iOS 13.2 beta

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Looks like the servers are under immense load at the moment. Tried to download the update and it just failed without any message at 0.5 GB. Tried to update again, started at half a GB, slowly went to 3 GB and then I got the message that my network connection has been disconnected (it has not ?). Third time's a charm: Started again at 0.5 GB, let's see how it goes.

Yup I'm on my 4th attempt, currently at about 6GB - much further than it's gotten on prior attempts - so let's see if it can get through the entire download this time.

Reactions: chris4565
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.