Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The upcoming iOS 17.2 update should fix various Wi-Fi issues that some iPhone users have experienced since iOS 17 was released, according to iClarified.

iOS-17.2-Feature-Triad.jpg

In response to a bug report filed by the website, Apple said the first iOS 17.2 beta released last week addresses Wi-Fi connectivity issues, although the company did not provide any specific details. Some users have complained about slow Wi-Fi speeds and dropped connections, but it's unclear how widespread the issues are.

iOS 17.2 is expected to be released to the public in December, so there are still several weeks remaining until the update will be available to all users.

iOS 17.2 includes many new features and changes, including the promised Journal app, the ability for Apple Music subscribers to collaborate on playlists, a Translate option for the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro models, an iMessage Contact Key Verification security option, additional Weather and Clock widgets, and more.

Article Link: Apple Says iOS 17.2 Will Fix Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

Last edited:

Infinite Vortex

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2015
Its interesting that Apple needs time to fix wifi issues yet Bluetooth, that supports their Find Me system, never misses a beat. In fact for me BT doesn't think I can live without it and always seems to turns itself on. 🤨

Reactions: zapmymac

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
Since 17.1 my m1 iPad Pro wont download faster then 10% of total possible.

Right next to router I get 12mbps on 2.4ghz or 39mbps on 5ghz.

I normally get 120mbps and 430mbps respectively.

Its beyond frustarting

Reactions: addamas

tonie walker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2020
worldwide
with iOS 17, my stereo 2nd Gen HomePod will always stop playing from apple music after 2-3 songs. Not sure if iOS 17 but my APP2 audio is robotic, sometimes chipmunks, sometimes sounds like Dory speaks whale.

Timmy can you even make your software work?

Reactions: klasma

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Apple is like my old mechanic.

I brought my car in to fix the AC. When I got it back the AC was fixed but the trunk wouldn't lock anymore.

Then I brought it in to fix the lock. The lock was fixed but headlights wouldn't turn on anymore.

Usually they'd fix one thing and break three totally unrelated things, just like Apple.

3xBoom

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2020
I am not pissed off by hardware efups to the same extent and can live just fine with some ridiculous engineering choices but messed up WiFi and the likes are just bonkers. How is it possible to miss it when testing? I know that it is possible to find excuses and explanations, but for the love of God, turn the freaking thing on and test it. Especially since going to their support website is like screaming at a black hole. At best, there always be someone with 100000 points to say "Have you tried to restart and update and unplug etc"

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2007
some of my photo are corrupted when viewin. It’s as if another image is overplayed on top. Not color but like a shadow outlined over it. Taking screen shot of it is normal. Emailing or texting the image looks normal. On iClou Photos it’s normal and all other devices looks normal. Just my iPhone 14 pro max is doing this. Reboot and hard restart doesn’t fix it. Maybe reset all settings?

Kerry Fraser

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2020
Not having Wi-Fi issue but def. having bluetooth connection trouble with Car media, new iPhone 15 Pro won't connect automatically as my previous iPhone X did.

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
Imagine having overheating or WiFi or any other big issue bugs, coming here to read appraisal for Apple taking 2 months to fix them.
I mean the overheating fix update was really fast. And the phone hasn’t even been out 2 months… I said in my post that they’ve been acknowledging and working on fixes.

kelemor88

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2017
Ohio
Not having Wi-Fi issue but def. having bluetooth connection trouble with Car media, new iPhone 15 Pro won't connect automatically as my previous iPhone X did.
Just going to ask since it’s a 5 year difference and bt has changed in that time have you deleted you profile on both the car and phone and started over.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Have definitely experienced several different types of wifi issues.
1. Simply not connecting to my known home network without manual intervention.
2. Show connected in the wifi settings but see cellular bars at the top with no wifi signal and pages not loading.
3. Voice command from sleep “Siri, turn on the living room lights” for example yields “your devices aren’t responding” yet if I queue Siri with the power button it works immediately. But I can try to wake with my voice multiple times in a row and nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.