Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Every main soft the same issue. iOS 16, 15, 13 as far as I remember was issues with WiFi

Tiller

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2021
AppleTV HD, new iPad Air, iPhone 14 Pro Max ALL have persistent and consistent wifi drop issues for me...and my Mexican internet is already strained so this is not helping...TV seems to be holding but had to reset it once last week...iPad and iPhone are DAILY issues with maintaining wifi connectivity. This is beginning to get very old, very quickly.

Reactions: S8ER01Z

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
Regarding randomly dropped WiFi connections, I’ve had this issue for quite a while on my older iPad Pro but I can completely eliminate it by turning off “Private WiFi Address” in the settings for the WiFi network in question.
I guess your address is extremely private if it’s not connected at all :D

Thought I would post in case it helps anyone.

Karmamole

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2023
17.2 DOES NOT FIX IT.

Apple should be ashamed of themselves.

I’ve had ridiculously bad wifi since I made the horrible mistake of ‘upgrading’ to IOS17, notifications for several apps have also stopped working.

I installed the 17.2 beta today hoping it would fix the problem.

It has NOT.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
17.2 DOES NOT FIX IT.

I’ve had ridiculously bad wifi since I made the horrible mistake of ‘upgrading’ to IOS17, notifications for several apps have also stopped working.

It has NOT.
17.2 is in beta.

When they say 17.2 will fix it, they mean 17.2 final.

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Finally…at least they’re acknowledging the issues now. There’s some really long threads on here and other websites detailing all the challenges, mainly around 5GHz WiFi connections.

computater

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
We, the customers/debtors/dependent didn't do anything to cause all these problems aside from dutifully updating due to Apple's suggestion we would be more secure. Ironically secure in the old air-gapped PC sense. When Apple markets its products as integral to human life it is incumbent upon them to make damn sure the functionality (addictions) they sell continue to work. They should be pro-active in announcing issues themselves and transparent when their beta testing fails epically.

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
17.2 is in beta.

When they say 17.2 will fix it, they mean 17.2 final.
No, the changes were actually supposed to be included in the first beta already.

As a result of your feedback, there are software changes in the latest update, build 21C5029g, that have resolved this issue. You can see the software build your device is running and check for the latest update by tapping on Settings > General > Software Update.

S8ER01Z

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
No, the changes were actually supposed to be included in the first beta already.

As a result of your feedback, there are software changes in the latest update, build 21C5029g, that have resolved this issue. You can see the software build your device is running and check for the latest update by tapping on Settings > General > Software Update.

Yep. I received a feedback message that says the same and it’s still unresolved for me sadly.

Reactions: rodedwards

Zcx

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2023
Cmon apple!
Make us can join wifi on channel 36!
Like from my iphone X to my iphone 15 PM cant connect wifi on 5 GHz band on channel 36! But it works normally when my mesh and router that i set up channel to 149 and above.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Imagine having overheating or WiFi or any other big issue bugs, coming here to read appraisal for Apple taking 2 months to fix them.
Imagine having an issue that can’t be fixed by software, but by the gift of a free case.

Having said that my two iphones on ios 17 have not experienced WiFi connectivity issues.

rodedwards

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
17.2 DOES NOT FIX IT.

It has NOT.
Same here ... I'm a developer and testing iOS 17.2 beta 3 on iPhone 12 Pro - still intermittent connection speed issues on 4G and Wifi. Then it's ok, then it's not. iPhone SE v2 with iOS 17.2 is fine.

I've reported it to Apple via their Developer "Feedback" app - but they never seem to listen let alone give a response.

Come on Apple, this is poor service.

Reactions: eusamil

rasputin666

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2009
wow. glad I saw this. I have been shopping $250-300 new mesh routers. past month or so, my wireless speeds have been horrendous. thought it was my 5 yr old Velop setup. maybe, just maybe, an update will actually help me :)

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
wow. glad I saw this. I have been shopping $250-300 new mesh routers. past month or so, my wireless speeds have been horrendous. thought it was my 5 yr old Velop setup. maybe, just maybe, an update will actually help me :)
It hasn’t been fixed in any of the betas yet.

rasputin666

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2009
It hasn’t been fixed in any of the betas yet.
I would need to replace 3 nodes. $200-350 to replace, so I'll hold out hope. also, all my HomeKit stuff :mad::mad: the timing makes sense to the update and when I noticed issues, so my Velop system must be correct, tells me I am over 600Mbps at the node. apple devices say 50-60. Dell laptop on wireless has me over 200. my MacStudio is hard wired

rodedwards

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Following my previous comment on iOS 17.2 beta 4 for iPhone, i seem to have fixed the intermittent slow downloads speeds. At least on my iPhone 12 Pro. My iPhone SE 2 didn't have any problems.

Basically i did two things :

1 ) Erased iCloud and then backed up again with clean iCloud.

2 ) More importantly i turned off Background App Refresh (Settings cog > General > Background App Refresh > Off) and restarted iPhone. It seems to have fixed my issues and i've now turned Background App Refresh back on.

If you're having problems, may be worth trying.

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Both my iPhones (work and private) were struggling with a stable connection until last week when I changed to a new Asus router. I have a fast connection but they often even struggled with FaceTime! All rock solid now. The last router was a FritzBox (main modem/router supplier for Germany). It's hard for me to judge whether the phones' wifi connectivity was poor/incompatible with the router or if the router had developed issues, as I work from home and don't tend to connect to other networks when out and about. The FritzBox is still operating as the modem, in bridge mode.

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
Nah, 17.2 has broken Wi-Fi for me. Was rock solid before, now garbage. Keeps prompting for auth when nothing has changed. Using enterprise Cisco APs, you know, the stuff Apple certifies it works on. Had zero problems before 17.2

rodedwards

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
I updated to 17.2 yesterday and the problem still exists. [iPhone 11]
Contrary to my previous comment that i'd managed to fix wifi and connection issues, i haven't. I have just updated to iOS 17.3 beta 1 and I still have intermittent issues with connection speed. It really sucks ... even Erased & Restored iOS with iCloud back up - but still major issues.

I'm just sorry Apple have not fixed these issues yet ... It seems ok on my Android phones, ok on iOS 17.0 and before, plus my iPhone SE 2 on IOS 17.2 but not my iPhone 12 Pro on iOS 17.1 and later.

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
I ended up rebooting my router and mesh satellites for an unrelated reason, and now I have an iPhone 15 and iPad Pro that won't connect to WiFi - where the little checkbox normally is in settings/WfI, it just spins the beach ball. I tried restarts, reset all network settings, no luck. I turned off Private WiFi address, Limit IP Address tracking....no luck. Mac laptops are working on WiFi fine. Has anyone found a way to get them connected again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.