Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saberfi

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2015
Is your computer with AMD processor/chipset? In previous cases, it has never worked with ASD - but it is good news if AMD can also work.

I have a Mac mini which I use to start up the ASD in the morning when I start remote working. This sets the optimal brightness. Then I unplug the TB cable and plug it to my (Windows) work laptop, and the brightness stays.

Occasionally I plug the Mac mini back in during lunch to browse, and then plug the work laptop back when I'm done. Not the most convenient, but it works.

For me mic/webcam/speakers work with MS teams, but the mic may sometimes completely stop working during the call. Before you plan to go to an important meeting, I recommend that you first test how teams works in longer less-important meetings. The frequently reported mic dropout problem may still persist.

I've nowadays used an external headset for important meetings, since I do not want to risk losing mic when I'm doing a presentation.

roosvelt

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Is your computer with AMD processor/chipset? In previous cases, it has never worked with ASD - but it is good news if AMD can also work.

I have a Mac mini which I use to start up the ASD in the morning when I start remote working. This sets the optimal brightness. Then I unplug the TB cable and plug it to my (Windows) work laptop, and the brightness stays.

Occasionally I plug the Mac mini back in during lunch to browse, and then plug the work laptop back when I'm done. Not the most convenient, but it works.

For me mic/webcam/speakers work with MS teams, but the mic may sometimes completely stop working during the call. Before you plan to go to an important meeting, I recommend that you first test how teams works in longer less-important meetings. The frequently reported mic dropout problem may still persist.

I've nowadays used an external headset for important meetings, since I do not want to risk losing mic when I'm doing a presentation.

@saberfi Yes it's an AMD chipset, Ryzen 5 Pro 4650U

I've already have meeting with MS Teams for over an hour without problems.

In addition, I've an externally BT headset too.
I've already tested switching between ASD mic and speakers and my BT headset during meetings, it works perfectly.

Last edited:

roosvelt

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys,
I successfully installed drivers through brigadier.

It works perfectly, allowing me to adjust the brightness.

Thanks to kreasu_ who gave me the model of my "old" iMac late 2020.

I used these drivers to control my ASD's brightness.

@HappyIntro you should give a try, buy the same cable as me, then, it's not difficult at all with brigadier !!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.