Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Whisky App and Crossover are doing that for Apple...
i.e. forget it.. just get the Windows based games and use one of these apps to "make it run" on a Mac.... it works, and it's fun... just not a good Mac-experience, IMHO.

It's not good now but with refinement overtime it would get even better. Steam Proton didn't get to where it is now overnight, it took years of work from Valve, Codeweavers, and the Linux community at large to make it so good that Windows games run better on Linux through Proton than they do on Windows, and Proton being so good it's essentially made native Linux ports obsolete since it's easier for third party developers to just tweak Proton's settings.

• Angry
Reactions: Irishman and Huntn

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2020
It's not good now but with refinement overtime it would get even better. Steam Proton didn't get to where it is now overnight, it took years of work from Valve, Codeweavers, and the Linux community at large to make it so good that Windows games run better on Linux through Proton than they do on Windows, and Proton being so good it's essentially made native Linux ports obsolete since it's easier for third party developers to just tweak Proton's settings.

How does Forza Horizon 5 run on your Steam deck?

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
nice.. that tempts me.

Some other notable Deck titles are but not limited to:

• Persona 5 Royal
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Elden Ring
  • Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
  • Insomniac's Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales
  • God of War
  • Factorio
  • Powerwash Simulator
  • Grand Theft Auto 5
  • No Man's Sky
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Halo The Master Chief Collection and Infinite
  • Death Stranding
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor
  • The entire Yakuza series
  • Street Fighter 6
  • The Resident Evil franchise
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Monster Hunter World and Rise
And so much more. I'm currently playing Warhammer 40K Space Marine and Boltgun on my Deck since I'm all aboard the hype train for Space Marine 2

The Winter Sale will be soon and with it a nice discount on Decks both new and certified refurbs. They also recently released a new OLED model. Now's never been a better time to hop on the little Linux handheld that could.

Last edited:

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Some other notable Deck titles are but not limited to:

• Persona 5 Royal
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Elden Ring
  • Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
  • Insomniac's Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales
  • God of War
  • Factorio
  • Powerwash Simulator
  • Grand Theft Auto 5
  • No Man's Sky
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Halo The Master Chief Collection and Infinite
  • Death Stranding
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor
  • The entire Yakuza series
  • Street Fighter 6
  • The Resident Evil franchise
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Monster Hunter World and Rise
And so much more. I'm currently playing Warhammer 40K Space Marine and Boltgun on my Deck since I'm all aboard the hype train for Space Marine 2

The Winter Sale will be soon and with it a nice discount on Decks both new and certified refurbs. They also recently released a new OLED model. Now's never been a better time to hop on the little Linux handheld that could.

Max frame rates and settings for those titles?(

How many exceed 60 fps with RT on??

Homy

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2006
Sweden
Max frame rates and settings for those titles?(

How many exceed 60 fps with RT on??

You can check reviews on ShareDeck, Steamdeckhq or Protondb. Several games like Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, God of War, Hogwarts Legacy and Resident Evil 4 run at 30-40 on low/medium with many settings off so the performance is exaggerated and it’s a mixed experience like Crossover with games working for some and not working for others.

• Haha
Reactions: Irishman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.