Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
So much saying there content will be for everyone. The Roku ATV app even shows See Mature and even there morning talk show.

At least Disney+ promised no R or MA rated garbage so the Mandalorian won't be MA rated.

Last edited:

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Okay I change my title not everything is Mature. Dickinson is TV 14, Elephant queen is TV-PG, Helpsters is TV-Y and Ghostwriter is TV-G that's it.

I am peeved because I wanted ATV+ for See but now it's a mature I won't watch it. I refuse to watch any TV-MA content ever.

I don't like there attitude saying that they were not going to do adult content and still do it.

I doubt Disney+ will pull this crap no they will put there grown up content on Hulu which I plan to drop when Disney+ launches.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Okay I change my title not everything is Mature. Dickinson is TV 14, Elephant queen is TV-PG, Helpsters is TV-Y and Ghostwriter is TV-G that's it.

I am peeved because I wanted ATV+ for See but now it's a mature I won't watch it. I refuse to watch any TV-MA content ever.

I don't like there attitude saying that they were not going to do adult content and still do it.

I doubt Disney+ will pull this crap no they will put there grown up content on Hulu which I plan to drop when Disney+ launches.

They are still in the process of adding series (and movies). It would appear there will be a mix of content.

Some of the shows (by concept & theme) tend to lend themselves to more mature themes simply because of their subject matter (The Morning Show will probably address sexism. The Banker takes place in the 50's / civil rights era). There are also some shows that fall into the mystery / thriller genre...

There still maybe some series / movies that you'd fell comfortable watching (There's a new musical version of a Christmas Carol they picked up).

As the platform grows, I can see them adding even more of a variety. The comment about them not doing adult content could refer to gratuitous / extreme, etc. They mentioned it enough, so I figure that even a MA series may not be MA in the way a Netflix or HBO series is..

Still, there may be current (or upcoming) series that you might enjoy.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Okay to be fair it is a mix bag of adult and everyone can watch content. As I said I understand about some content being Mature (only Disney+, Pureflix, Boomerang, Hallmark which are for family's won't do Mature shows) for those who want to watch it what I am angry about is the saying that they were going to do shows TV-14 and below which is a lie or maybe it was just a fake rumor that ATV+ was not going to do adult content heck this site is called Macrumors not Mactruth or Macfacts.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Okay to be fair it is a mix bag of adult and everyone can watch content. As I said I am not angry about some content being Mature (only Disney+, Pureflix, Boomerang, Hallmark which are for family's won't do Mature shows) for those who want to watch it what I am angry about is the lie saying that they were going to do shows TV-14 and below which is a lie or maybe it was just a fake rumor that ATV+ was not going to do adult content heck this site is called Macrumors not Mactruth or Macfacts.

To my knowledge they never said that TV-14 and below. They said no gratuitous sex and violence. That doesn’t mean strictly TV-14 and below.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
They mentioned it enough, so I figure that even a MA series may not be MA in the way a Netflix or HBO series is..
Then it would have gotten an TV-14 rating. TV-MA is the same as an hard R rating heck MA is sometimes even more X Rated depending on the sex shown.
[automerge]1571345453[/automerge]
To my knowledge they never said that TV-14 and below. They said no gratuitous sex and violence. That doesn’t mean strictly TV-14 and below.
Thanks I understand now. I must have misunderstood.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
So much saying there content will be for everyone. The Roku ATV app even shows See Mature and even there morning talk show.

At least Disney+ promised no R or MA rated garbage so the Mandalorian won't be MA rated.
Disney 100% produces R Rated content.
Now it may not be available on Disney+ but they have been producing rated R content since the mid-80s.

Reactions: GreginNJ and JBaby

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
All the Marvel movies are PG-13 however some original series those terrible ones on Netflix are TV-MA which I refused to watch and I was peeved about as I watched all the Marvel Movies and TV shows that aired on ABC. My Netflix profile is set now to show PG-13, TV-14 and below so anything Mature won't show up.

I still see as ATV+ expands there content there will be things to watch for everyone. I already at least see more kids content on launch on ATV+ "really like Ghostwriter loved the original on PBS". I just pray that "Amazing Stories" won't be Mature.

Amazon Prime Video already tuned into HBO, Showtime with every new original being Mature on there except for a few pre-school and animation. I just know that the new LoTR will be Mature. What annoys me is that originally had more kids originals at launch.

Last edited:

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
What Marvel movie is rated above PG-13? The shows are rated TV-PG.

ETA: I forgot about the Netflix shows. I miss them. Well not Iron Fist. That was trash. But I liked the rest.
Excpet the ones on Netflix like Daredevil, Jessica Jones which Disney said if continued will be on Hulu. Also some adult Marvel shows that will be Mature will be on Hulu.

Reactions: GreginNJ

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
What Marvel movie is rated above PG-13? The shows are rated TV-PG.

ETA: I forgot about the Netflix shows. I miss them. Well not Iron Fist. That was trash. But I liked the rest.
Deadpool, Deadpool 2, Logan for movies (technically 20th century fox released them but they are Marvel movies) then there's the Netflix TV shows you listed.
And Yes, Iron Fist was .... not good.

Reactions: GreginNJ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.