Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buyers only. Are you keeping or returning your Apple Vision Pro?

• Keeping! This is what I expected or better.

Votes: 56 21.6%
  • Keeping. There are some shortcomings but I like what I see.

Votes: 81 31.3%
  • Keeping. I’m hoping to make it big on eBay in 2041.

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Returning. What was Apple thinking?

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • Returning. It’s a great product but I can’t justify $3,500+ for it.

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • Returning. I will come back once the next version reaches a price point I can live with.

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • Returning. I will come back once Apple adds some feature I want, even at the current price level.

Votes: 46 17.8%

• Total voters

typecase

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
I was initially very disappointed but each day I use it, I am amazed and can see it offering some very interesting use case scenarios. I was planning to return but I think I'm going to keep it.

AlastorKatriona

Suspended
Nov 3, 2023
This is a small sample size, but a near 50% return rate is not good. Not good at all. Not surprising in the least, but still not good.

AlastorKatriona

Suspended
Nov 3, 2023
Yes, the Apple rep told me to move all the windows to eye level as any window that is placed the highest will cause the control arrow to be even higher.

So now all my AVP windows are at eye level and the control arrow now shows at a reasonable height.

Apple needs to redesign the placement and size of this arrow for easier access...
So the unlimited canvas, it's only real selling point, isn't exactly unlimited because you need to place things in a certain spot for it to work well, and the FOV is shockingly small.

Reactions: 4sallypat

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Mine is likely going back because I just cant seem to get the fit and optics right. Everything is fairly grainy for me, nowhere near as nice as the XDR or even the iPad screen in terms of sharpness and color fidelity. I don't wear glasses or contacts, but this device makes me feel like I need them. I have been to the store twice and tried a ton of different combos of light shields, but none of them helps with this. I also realize how much I hate the isolation. Even though I can see my wife and kid in passthrough, it makes me feel awkwardly disconnected from them.

AlastorKatriona

Suspended
Nov 3, 2023
I wouldn’t worry about it, not that it’s anybody’s worry other than Apple’s, anyway. How many people have voted “return” that have never even seen the thing?
Regardless, I don't doubt that this thing is going to have a high rate of returns. Much higher than normal for an Apple product.

Reactions: Ghost31

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Regardless, I don't doubt that this thing is going to have a high rate of returns. Much higher than normal for an Apple product.

It may soon pay to check the refurb store for bargains then (for our American friends, anyway). Not sure how long it takes Apple to refurbish a batch of devices to be ready for resale.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
I am a loyal and long time Apple customer and I wanted to have Vision Pro since day one.
I picked it up yesterday at an Apple store.
I can't see how this sophisticated device can make my daily use of computing and video calling any better, I want to talk to people and not an animated low quality digital persona.
REAL is REAL and much better than AR!
The whole concept of wearing this over the face device is WRONG!
I am VERY happy with my iPhone 15 ProMax and my 15" Mac Book Air.
Sorry Apple this time you disappointed me.

If you thought the concept of wearing it on your face was wrong then why did you buy it in the first place?

Ensyed

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
I am conflicted.
I love everything about it except the weight and associated discomfort. Tried both straps.

i had the same issue w the Quest 2 and 3

I don’t think a more comfortable third party strap will be released within my return window.

Reactions: 4sallypat

jayhawk98

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
50/50. I keep going back and forth. The light glare bothers me and that’s the sole reason. I bought it knowing it would mostly be for movies.

Every single time I use it, I love it. The interface, the eye tracking, the experience. It’s a complete joy. The hardest part is I don’t know if I can actually sit through a 2+ hour movie in a single sitting and get past the glare.

I’ll use the full 14 days to decide.
Completely agree!

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
Even though I can see my wife and kid in passthrough, it makes me feel awkwardly disconnected from them.
Why do you think that is? Is it because they don’t like EyeSight? Becaus you can see virtual things that they can’t? Something else?

MockT

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2024
Ignoring everything else, you'd have to return it just because so many people are returning it. That means drastic learnings for the next iteration and, most of all, very likely being able to snag one for much cheaper than the current asking price and not feeling like a tool to have bought an Apple device with unprecedented loss in resale value.

oneteam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2008
Cincinnati, USA
I think am going to keep it, unless something really disappointing happens in the next week.
Movies/videos in immerse mode is what made my jaw drop and that’s how I want to see movies from now on. But the very limited content makes me wonder Who is going to start delivering immerse content besides Apple?

MockT

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2024
Who is going to start delivering immerse content besides Apple?
Disney, for one. Ultimately, Apple never had any issues with providing content on their platforms. I would worry about that least in the long run.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Disney, for one. Ultimately, Apple never had any issues with providing content on their platforms. I would worry about that least in the long run.

Don’t see that happening with disney. They’re clawing back on content. This is more YouTube kind of thing. Apple talks about lack of quality on there but it’s improved. Sure there’s old worse quality on there. Depends on the content.

You can also download to pc or Mac and stream but need player apps that work.

MockT

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2024
Don’t see that happening with disney. They’re clawing back on content. This is more YouTube kind of thing. Apple talks about lack of quality on there but it’s improved. Sure there’s old worse quality on there. Depends on the content.

You can also download to pc or Mac and stream but need player apps that work.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Why do you think that is? Is it because they don’t like EyeSight? Becaus you can see virtual things that they can’t? Something else?
My wife said she wasn't sure if she could talk to me or interrupt me with the headset on (eyesight is pretty hard to see), and the passthrough isn't nearly good enough to make me feel like I am "there" with them in the room. At the end of the day, it's still a giant closed in helmet with screens. I suspect I won't be back until this is more of a glasses type product, I would happily trade the immersive stuff to get full transparency. I also know this is a me thing, many others would not make this trade-off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.