Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
I am seriously so psyched over this Nomad stand! I am just wondering, do you think the aluminum material will scratch the watch as you dock/undock everyday?

I like this stand too but I am concerned the watch will be damaged as well.

HEDocks

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
+1 more ;)

http://www.HEDocks.com

HEDock_Apple_Watch_Dock_Angle_large.jpg

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Apple Watch Stands... pics and links inside

The only thing about these stands and some, if not all, of the bands is that you will have to redo the band before placing it on the charger, not a big deal but something to keep in mind.

nathanjbrown

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2008
Santa Barbara, CA
I like this stand too but I am concerned the watch will be damaged as well.

I sent a tweet to Nomad about this issue, but they never responded. I too am concerned about it and may cancel my order in favor of the TwelveSouth stand (not nearly as attractive, but they've clearly taken metal-on-metal damage into consideration).

allenshi

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
I sent a tweet to Nomad about this issue, but they never responded. I too am concerned about it and may cancel my order in favor of the TwelveSouth stand (not nearly as attractive, but they've clearly taken metal-on-metal damage into consideration).

Are you talking about the Nomad Stand or the Nomad Pod?

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Apple Watch Stands... pics and links inside

Yea, one thing that is nice about the TwelveSouth stand is the lining at both the top and around the cutout in the middle. While I did place an order for the Nomad I might get the TwelveSouth stand instead. With the Nomad stand I am concerned that, obviously with metal bands, it might damage the band over time. I can also see the band slowly scuffing the surface of the stand over time as well.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Just bought the Nomad Stand.

I noticed that shipping date, and countdown of orders out of an initial 5000 are gone. Any idea what that means? Or did they hit 5000 and I missed it?

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
All of these companies are trying to get out there first. Personally, I'll just use the cable and wait a little while. I bet we'll see much nicer Apple approved/licensed stands in the coming months.

nathanjbrown

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2008
Santa Barbara, CA
All of these companies are trying to get out there first. Personally, I'll just use the cable and wait a little while. I bet we'll see much nicer Apple approved/licensed stands in the coming months.

I don't know. The dock market for iPhones and iPads today remains rather crappy. The only iPhone docks I've ever favored are the Elevation Dock and the Vapor Dock from Element Case (both of which are cost prohibitive, one of which is discontinued). My point is: If you like one of these stands today, jump on it...you may never find a better option.

----------

or stillborn if the watch doesn't function while charging or not in contact with skin, as some reports suggest.

Why would that impact the dock/stand market? Why would I even want to use my watch while its docked and charging? Wouldn't I just use my phone at that point? My point is that many here (me, anyway) are likely seeking a solution that enables cable management and elegant charging when not in use.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Just bought the Nomad Stand.

I noticed that shipping date, and countdown of orders out of an initial 5000 are gone. Any idea what that means? Or did they hit 5000 and I missed it?

I don't know, I placed my order Saturday and it was listed as a preorder in the shopping cart but now when I add it to a cart it says now shipping. I think this may be a mistake.

----------

I'm not trying to knock the Premium One stand but does anyone else think the quality and design are just a little lacking? I would really like a stand that would charge all 3 devices but I really feel the design of the Nomad stand is just light years ahead in aesthetics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.