Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCore24

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan
This 22% off code is still valid for Nomad: FB22 ;)

THANKS! Im going to go for it. Hands down its the best stand Im ever going to see. And after spending over $700 (42mm Milanese Loop) Its worth getting a good stand. Still $51.76 is expensive but better then $65 lol

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
what's with nomad and all these different discount codes changing every day or two?

they need to give macrumors the 30% back.... i'm willing to bet the MAJORITY of their customers are going to come from here.... so why not sell more with a better discount?

(and why did they pull it so quickly???????)

Last edited:

allenshi

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
Did you hear back from them? Was wondering about the plugged-in charging as well!

Heres the response from Nomad

The Pod has USB-C on the front and MicroUSB on the back so you can use either for charging the Pod up. The pod is deigned such that if you have it plugged into the wall or computer, and the watch on the pod, it will prioritize charging the watch first and then fill the battery so you know your watch is always good to go.

enblue

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2015
Germany
Deliver on Kickstarter

Nomad discount was 20% as mentioned above.

Regarding Kickstarter, I have purchased many products. I don't recall too many that delivered on the date they initially promised. Unless the seller already had a producer lined up and everything goes perfectly, there can be delays.

I am just speaking from experience with other projects. Keep that in mind if you are new to Kickstarter. It is not a typical "preorder".

I jumped on the Nomad. Didn't know about the KS. The combo charger is clever.

Hey, we will deliver on time, already got funded and know how to manufacture goods

phantomsd

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
Heres the response from Nomad

The Pod has USB-C on the front and MicroUSB on the back so you can use either for charging the Pod up. The pod is deigned such that if you have it plugged into the wall or computer, and the watch on the pod, it will prioritize charging the watch first and then fill the battery so you know your watch is always good to go.

Perfect. Thanks for updating us!

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Here's another iPhone + watch dock:

Apple-Watch-Dock-Duo.jpg

Glene

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Ft Lauderdale
The Fine print from nomad on the pod says you should disconnect one complete side of the watch in you have a link or milanese loop band.... Not sure I like that…

aimbdd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
East Cost
Another basic kickstarter one. www.kickstarter.com/projects/watchdocksteel/watchdock-steel-a-colorful-charging-dock-for-apple

I have no affiliation just giving people choices ;).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 274

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
Another basic kickstarter one. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...dock-steel-a-colorful-charging-dock-for-apple

I have no affiliation just giving people choices ;).

:eek:... not to blow any bubbles but to me, personally quality looks bad to be honest. For 20 bucks heh? NOT BAD... But i would rather get that griffin dock for 29 bucks lol quality looks good but its tall as empire state building in all of the docks i have seen lol.:p.

so im still waiting to see more docks to come out or ill get that griffin or nomad docks:D

Last edited:

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Technology and wood is poor design to me. It just seems so tacky. Especially this one, being half metal, half wood, like what?? Full on aluminum is by far the best I think.

I agree. I don't like the combination of metal and wood. For me it has to be one or the other. Ideally I prefer metal personally.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
There was an article a while back where Apple said the watch would not disturb you while being charged. Another article suggested that the watch display would only activate when the sensors were in contact with skin. So wouldn't it be hilarious to have hundreds of stands on the market that do absolutely NOTHING!

spiritedcharm

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2012
Not really. I'm buying a stand for my watch to have a place to charge it without getting knocked around by my cats at night.

There was an article a while back where Apple said the watch would not disturb you while being charged. Another article suggested that the watch display would only activate when the sensors were in contact with skin. So wouldn't it be hilarious to have hundreds of stands on the market that do absolutely NOTHING!

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
So wouldn't it be hilarious to have hundreds of stands on the market that do absolutely NOTHING!
I'm not expecting it to do much beyond charging my watch. It'd be nice if I could reach over and check the time during the night, but I want somewhere I can quickly slap the watch down to charge and don't want to have to fish the cable out from between the bed and nightstand like I do with my lightning cable every night.

Reactions: Mr. Donahue

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Wouldn't they charge the watch?

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
Wouldn't they charge the watch?

Nope. The induction charger that comes with the watch charges it. The stands just hoist the watch into the air for unknown reasons, especially if the watch refuses to turn on when connected to the charger.

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
Nope. The induction charger that comes with the watch charges it. The stands just hoist the watch into the air for unknown reasons, especially if the watch refuses to turn on when connected to the charger.

There are no "unknown" reasons. The reasons are very well known. It is an organizational tool. Are you really going to think people buying a $1000+ watch want to just toss it willy-nilly onto whatever surface happens to be around? Like any other fine jewelry, this watch will deserve a dedicated place to be stored and it may as well charge it while it's there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.