Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch Ultra (AWU) Band Did You Get?

• Alpine

Votes: 155 34.5%
  • Trail

Votes: 90 20.0%
  • Ocean

Votes: 120 26.7%
  • Multiple AWU Bands

Votes: 84 18.7%

• Total voters

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
I have an Ultra 2 and (now) three trail loops (love them) and one alpine loop (ok).
Do those Trail Loops rattle a bit? Got a new Ultra 2 with trail loop. When I try to move the band at it's link to the watch it rattles. The fit is a bit loose I would say.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Do those Trail Loops rattle a bit? Got a new Ultra 2 with trail loop. When I try to move the band at it's link to the watch it rattles. The fit is a bit loose I would say.
Mine does not. Where/how would it rattle?

I'm a new Ultra 2 owner. I have one Alpine and one Trail Loop. I wish there were more (bright!) color options for the Trail Loop. I have mixed feelings on the Alpine. My wrist is ~180mm so I got the Medium. It fits perfectly fine! But the buckle is at the center of my wrist and will bang on a laptop when typing. I rarely type directly on a laptop, and this is the only scenario where it might be less-than-ideal. Otherwise, great band.

bsmr

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Mine does not. Where/how would it rattle?
Can you check, if there is any movement between the watch itself and the band. That's where it rattles. When I move the end of the band to the left or right (at one side of the watch) I can hear the rattle.

LexCaia

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2023
Australia
Good luck with it, hope it works out well for you!

I actually found a good deal for a gently used Trail Loop last week, it’s waiting for me in the post when I get home in a few hours. If I fall in love with it I might not need to try an Alpine Loop – but will probably want to satisfy curiosity anyway!
I have a similar wrist size (145mm) but not too sure which size to get for the Alpine Loop. If you do end up trying it, be interested to hear which size you went with. Lots of comments regarding the G buckle and trying to get the right sizing so that the buckle sits to the side.

Reactions: aerospacethrace

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Can you check, if there is any movement between the watch itself and the band. That's where it rattles. When I move the end of the band to the left or right (at one side of the watch) I can hear the rattle.
No rattle on mine. Which watch are you using it with? Sounds like the tolerances on the band and/or the watch are off.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
No, absolutely not.

noraa10

Suspended
Jan 11, 2024
Got the Alpine in Starlight and have to say i like it (8/10). I was looking to get the Ocean band ( none in stock at my local store) as i do a lot of swimming. Question, has anyone swam with the alpine and how was it?
Hi,
The water resistance is great, no issues with functionality or performance. Can't wait to pair it with the Ocean band once it's back in stock.

Reactions: Baywatchboy

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I have one of each. When I know that I will be in a wet environment or sweating I go with the ocean. It's more comfortable than I expected. I like the looks of the Alpine. For day to day, however, I like the Trail Loop. It is really comfortable and infinitely adjustable.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I have the Ocean strap in blue and really like it. I like the look of the Alpine loop too though so I may get one of those at some point. Today I’m wearing an orange sport strap though and liking how that looks with my Ultra.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Pretty much running the Alpine Loop daily. I have every color other than Starlight. Can't for the life of me figure out how people daily the Ocean Band. For me it's by far the most uncomfortble Ultra band. For me it's even worse than the normal sports band. Material just wreaks havoc on my wrist. Just like all rubber straps.

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I think the trail loop is the most comfortable, but doesn't really look nice in my opinion. The alpine loop is a good mix of looks and being comfortable. Though, day to day, I tend to wear a Nomad active leather band. Not entirely comfortable most of the time, but it looks nice and I can wear it for workouts.

I'd like to get a new color in the alpine loop though.

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
I'm a trail loop convert coming from the ocean band that I got with my Ultra. Bought a used trail loop to try it out and loved it, it's so comfortable.

I lucked out on a NIB trail loop the other day for $40 in the new black/blue colour, so now I have a beater trail loop for running etc and the new one for more or less everything else.

I use the ocean band when swimming etc, still like it but I think it's to bulky for long sleeve/winter use.

I also have several other bands, but they rarely get any use and I'm parting with my collection now, keeping the two trail loops, the ocean band, my black Nike sport band that's been with me since my S5 (for working in the workshop) and a milanese loop for occasions.

Reactions: tucogovinda
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.