Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch Ultra (AWU) Band Did You Get?

• Alpine

Votes: 155 34.5%
  • Trail

Votes: 90 20.0%
  • Ocean

Votes: 120 26.7%
  • Multiple AWU Bands

Votes: 84 18.7%

• Total voters

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
I think most people have returned those Amazon titanium or titanium like bands. The Nomad Titanium is about the only choice……….at apple prices though. I haven’t ordered one because of the 2 month wait. I do have the SS version which I like. I would love to be able to tolerate the Apple SS link but it tears my wrist up with the sharp edges which I had to return. And yes most of those aftermarket straps are too small for my wrists also.

Yeah I'm not that desperate; more than happy with the alpine band I've got - that'll do for my large wrists

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I bought my Ultra with the trail loop, but realized I didn’t really care for another band with the Velcro on it. So I bought the same band I used on my 41mm Series 7, a Nomad Active Leather. It looks nice, but doesn’t fit like the 41mm version of it did - it’s either too tight or the next hole is not tight enough.

I went out today and got the band I should have got my Ultra with originally. The green alpine loop. I think it looks a lot nicer than the trail loop. Not as comfortable though, but a lot more comfortable than the Nomad one I have.

I’ll be keeping the Nomad Active Leather band, but will probably just use it for when I’d like to dress a little nicer.

The Alpine is my new day to day band.

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
I bought my Ultra with the trail loop, but realized I didn’t really care for another band with the Velcro on it. So I bought the same band I used on my 41mm Series 7, a Nomad Active Leather. It looks nice, but doesn’t fit like the 41mm version of it did - it’s either too tight or the next hole is not tight enough.

I went out today and got the band I should have got my Ultra with originally. The green alpine loop. I think it looks a lot nicer than the trail loop. Not as comfortable though, but a lot more comfortable than the Nomad one I have.

I’ll be keeping the Nomad Active Leather band, but will probably just use it for when I’d like to dress a little nicer.

The Alpine is my new day to day band.

I like the Alpine green brand; think I'll get that too and swap/change that with the orange one when my mood takes haha

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
I got the trail loop with my watch when I bought it in feb. However, the band is now starting to fray which is disappointing. I am now using the midnight sports loop and is equally comfortable for half the price. I also use nike sports band for swimming and then to dress it up I have the saddle brown and navy leather links.

craigmak

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2017
image.jpg
Has anyone’s black/gray trail loop turned brown on them. I’ve been in Florida for the last 2 weeks and lots of pool swimming. Just noticed the band is a lighter color now. The gray has a little blue hint and the black is brown. I’ve only had the watch for about 3 months.

craigmak

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2017
Good to know. I think I like it better. We will see what Apple comes out with in September.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Whenever I use a sport loop, I feel like it's too small for the Ultra. I like the Alpine bands way more than I thought I would.
Same. it looks too skinny because it doesn't taper from the watch edge. Just comes straight out. Totally OCD on my part not to like that look though. It's perfectly functional and I am sure 99% of people wouldn't think twice.

Reactions: Baywatchboy

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Has anyone’s black/gray trail loop turned brown on them. I’ve been in Florida for the last 2 weeks and lots of pool swimming. Just noticed the band is a lighter color now. The gray has a little blue hint and the black is brown. I’ve only had the watch for about 3 months.
Chlorine (bleach) in the pool water? Just a guess.

Reactions: Baywatchboy

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
I just purchased Ultra with trail loop. I also purchased two Alpine loops preowned, to use when I'm working in the garden etc. I find them all very comfortable and plan to purchase a 44mm nike after seeing how nice they look in the photos.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
I bought 5 Ocean bands from Temu for $8.50. Quality is solid and far cheaper than the $100 Apple charges per band. Not sure how durable it will be especially the metal parts. But it's dirt cheap, so can't complain. It took less than a week to arrive.

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 8.01.37 PM.png

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
I just purchased Ultra with trail loop. I also purchased two Alpine loops preowned, to use when I'm working in the garden etc. I find them all very comfortable and plan to purchase a 44mm nike after seeing how nice they look in the photos.
the nikes and the old sport band look too small on the ultra for me

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Has anyone purcashed one of the new Trail Loops? Just wondering if they are exactly the same as last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.