Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Apple Watch Ultra (AWU) Band Did You Get?

• Alpine

Votes: 155 34.5%
  • Trail

Votes: 90 20.0%
  • Ocean

Votes: 120 26.7%
  • Multiple AWU Bands

Votes: 84 18.7%

• Total voters

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Last year I bought my Ultra with the blue Ocean band, wanted the Black/Grey Trail Loop but couldn't get it at launch.
Ended up getting the Trail Loop later and liked it so bought the lighter one with blue/grey too. Alternated those with two Leather Loops (Midnight and Dark Cherry) and the Space Black Link Bracelet.

This year I bought the new Ultra with the blue Alpine Loop and love it. Will get the Indigo at some point also.
I got the large so the clasp isn't at the centre of my wrist to prevent rubbing my MacBook Pro and it also grants more length to remove without the risk of the clasp hitting the watch casing.

Last edited:

b17

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2022
IMG_4855.jpeg
Pros when you have small wrists, you can find apple watch bands at huge 70% discounts.

Khavik

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2023
Blue Alpine looks slightly different than on graphics, but after weird 1st impression it looks good. On december I will propably pair it with blue pro max

BTW I kindly request for a picture of AW ultra with silver milanese loop and overall impression does it look good. Just in case if I would chose natural iPhone instead of blue :D

Steve Ballmer

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Redmond, WA
Got the Trail Loop and the Alpine Loop. Wore the Trail Loop for almost a year daily, it's starting to fray a little bit. As a result I've switched back to the Alpine Loop. Ironically the latter is more comfortable for me, but is harder to get on because it's a bit tighter and has to stretch to get onto your wrist. But otherwise, the hook-and-loop seems very durable.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
personally I think the trail looks like it'll wear out so easily.

Went for blue Alpine combo and cancelled it after seeing the olive in real light so went for that combo instead.

Then purchased the orange ocean on the side

The olive is beautiful in all sorts of lights IMO

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
I have an Ultra 2 and (now) three trail loops (love them) and one alpine loop (ok).
Would like to try the ocean band too. As I have rather small wrists (160mm) and my other loops are size s/m, do you think ocean band is too big?
Don't want to wrap the band around so that it closes almost at the other end? (hope I made this understandable, no native speaker).

Khavik

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2023
I have an Ultra 2 and (now) three trail loops (love them) and one alpine loop (ok).
Would like to try the ocean band too. As I have rather small wrists (160mm) and my other loops are size s/m, do you think ocean band is too big?
Don't want to wrap the band around so that it closes almost at the other end? (hope I made this understandable, no native speaker).
Ocean bands also have sizes and their dimmensions can be found while ordering watch on Apple website

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
Ocean bands also have sizes and their dimmensions can be found while ordering watch on Apple website
We are offered here in Germany only one size: 130-200mm.
And Apple (ironically) states: "One Size (Fits Most)". Not helpful.

tucogovinda

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
In and around the D.

My wrists are somewhere around 160-165mm and my Ocean Bands aren’t too big. For me, the bottom piece of the band wraps roughly 3/4 of the way around my wrist where the titanium loop that locks it sits in the 5th hole from the watch case. Hope this helps.

Reactions: NME42

aerospacethrace

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Norway
My wrist is 145mm and the ocean band tail comes to less than 1cm from the other end. The lockable pin is in the third hole from the end. It’s kind of bulky, but I think it looks perfectly fine.

After wearing it for a few days I am thinking of exchanging it for an alpine loop though, largely because I’m realising that the ocean band is a bit hard to squeeze under sleeve cuffs (and it’s cold enough here that I wear long sleeves around 10-11 months of the year).

I think the regular 45mm sport bands might be a better option for me personally when I want a fluoroelastomer band.

Reactions: NME42 and dmccombs

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
I bought my ultra with the trail loop and think it’s comfortable. Bought another trail and an alpine 2nd hand on EBay and find them all comfortable. Would love to see Apple come out with a few more styles, though.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Spends $800 on watch only to buy cheap Chinese knock off bands. Enlighten me on this kind of thinking?

It's nice to know you care so much. I don't see enough value in it to spend $100 each. I compared the original Ocean band to my band from Temu. I'm fine with the look and quality of it. But if I was interested in the Hermes band, I would have purchased the real one. Again thanks for caring so much.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
My wrist is 145mm and the ocean band tail comes to less than 1cm from the other end. The lockable pin is in the third hole from the end. It’s kind of bulky, but I think it looks perfectly fine.

After wearing it for a few days I am thinking of exchanging it for an alpine loop though, largely because I’m realising that the ocean band is a bit hard to squeeze under sleeve cuffs (and it’s cold enough here that I wear long sleeves around 10-11 months of the year).

I think the regular 45mm sport bands might be a better option for me personally when I want a fluoroelastomer band.

Thanks! Will try the Ocean band.

I would recommend a Trail Loop over the Alpine Loop. It is more comfortable and lots easier to put on.

aerospacethrace

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Norway
Thanks! Will try the Ocean band.

I would recommend a Trail Loop over the Alpine Loop. It is more comfortable and lots easier to put on.
Good luck with it, hope it works out well for you!

I actually found a good deal for a gently used Trail Loop last week, it’s waiting for me in the post when I get home in a few hours. If I fall in love with it I might not need to try an Alpine Loop – but will probably want to satisfy curiosity anyway!

Reactions: NME42

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
I actually found a good deal for a gently used Trail Loop last week, it’s waiting for me in the post when I get home in a few hours. If I fall in love with it I might not need to try an Alpine Loop – but will probably want to satisfy curiosity anyway!

I am sure, you will love it. Have fun with your Trail Loop. The only little downside with the Trail Loops are for me the very limited range of colors. I hoped that Apple will offer some really fresh new colors this year, but more or less they are the same as last year. But ok.

Try the Alpine Loop, it is a nice band. But would definitely recommend to first check in a store as the mechanics of putting it on and off are very different to other bands.

Reactions: aerospacethrace

JaraCz

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
Am I right that trail loop is the same band (or almost identical) to my black nike sport band from AW5 that I have years? If yes, than I am happy to choose oceanic as I jave more options now.

JaraCz

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
ok, material is okay for me but if the size is the same then there is no reason to buy it for me

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
ok, material is okay for me but if the size is the same then there is no reason to buy it for me

One advantage is that the Trail Loop can be ordered in two sizes. The sport loop also has two sizes BUT depending on the watch size (41/45mm). So when you need a small band you have to choose the small version of the lugs. Could look ugly on the Ultra.

JaraCz

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
I have sport look for 45mm, is this trail loop 45mm or 49mm? I do not like to have narrow bands

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.