Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Upon the fifth day, the lord, thy Jobs, didst step down from the mount and saw the huddled masses before him. And thus spake:

"Behold mine works, and rejoice! The icons declarative! The fonts bold! Their kerning measured and true! Motter Tektura! Garamond! And Helvetica Neue! Accept these results of mine righteous labor, and you shall know my love".

And they saw that Jobs spake true, and rejoiced in the splendor of his labors, and cleaved to him for the passing of a moon.

And the congregation says Amen..

Amen.

/collection plate moves through the crowd.

:p:p:D:D:p:p just jokes

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
No not at all.

Beats Headphones, would be like Apple fixing one equalizer preset, and locking it, so you could not adjust it.

I don't expect you would want that.

That's why you want something neutral that you can adjust either way if you like.

You know, sometimes I listen to a song and think “I’d like this better with this part accented in such and such a way.” Then I apply an equilizer to it and leave it like that. It sounds better to me that way. Probably not to everyone else, but that’s not who I made the change for.

Beats are for people who like to have the bass pumped beyond what any music producer would in good taste avoid. Clearly this wouldn’t sound good to everyone else. Just to them. That’s why they buy Beats. Because they want to. If they had a problem with having that equilization setting locked in, they (like you, I assume) wouldn’t buy them.

So, you know. Clearly people want that in their music. Like, lots of people, considering Beats sale very well.

Renzatic

Suspended
And no sooner had they cleaved whenst forth from the pulpit appeared the Lord Lawrence Page, He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High and abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of Page, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust, regardless of the privacy which he doth violate

*Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence, while he collecteth your data

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler, but his social network shall never take flight

*Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day, but of the glass which taketh pictures of you without thy knowledge

Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday, for they know everything about you and yet do no evil.

Man both sides are pretty religious huh

Thus did Eric Schmidt, a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day, find himself greeted into the house Jobs built. Upon witnessing his Great works, this man of fortune did find in his heart the bitter fruits sown from the seeds of base covetousness, and partook willingly of its sour pulp.

Upon learning of the deeds of Schmidt, Jobs spake thus:

"How art thou fallen from mine trust, O Schmidt, son of the internet! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken nations"!

And he was cast out into the bosom of the earth.

...this is fun. :p

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
You know, sometimes I listen to a song and think “I’d like this better with this part accented in such and such a way.” Then I apply an equilizer to it and leave it like that. It sounds better to me that way. Probably not to everyone else, but that’s not who I made the change for.

Beats are for people who like to have the bass pumped beyond what any music producer would in good taste avoid. Clearly this wouldn’t sound good to everyone else. Just to them. That’s why they buy Beats. Because they want to. If they had a problem with having that equilization setting locked in, they (like you, I assume) wouldn’t buy them.

So, you know. Clearly people want that in their music. Like, lots of people, considering Beats sale very well.

Indeed, I agree, it's nice to be able to alter the EQ.
It's a different matter to fix it.

I think beats sell well due to clever marketing and dumb people, who want to look cool, not sure that equates to people liking the sound, they probably don't know any different :)

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Thus did Eric Schmidt, a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day, find himself greeted into the house Jobs built. Upon witnessing his Great works, this man of fortune did find in his heart the bitter fruits sown from the seeds of base covetousness, and partook willingly of its sour pulp.

Upon learning of the deeds of Schmidt, Jobs spake thus:

"How art thou fallen from mine trust, O Schmidt, son of the internet! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken nations"!

And he was cast out into the bosom of the earth.

...this is fun. :p

Haha it was it was

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
ITT: The continuing saga of people that don't understand that Apple didn't really buy Beats for the headphones.

This situation reminds me a lot of when Trent Reznor announced that he was working with Beats (prior to everyone knowing it was a music subscription service). People lost their minds wondering why in the world the venerable and highly worshipped music god was selling his soul to work for a company that sold "crappy" headphones. A year or more later, they released a pretty nice music service with some neat recommendation features. Turns out it was neither evil nor foolhardy.

My guess is that it is going to be a a year or two until we see the full potential of this deal. Many of your are missing the forest for the trees.

Soni Sanjay

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2013
Either you're projecting your own inner monologue onto my words or you didn't read what you thought you read. Nowhere in my quote was there any mention of Beats being the best of anything. Same goes for your screen response. I never said one was better. What did you read? Did you intend to reply to another quote and confused mine?:confused::confused:

Bolded from your quote: Seriously. :eek: What the heck did you read? :confused:
I never said what you're implying. I am on record in this forum as a fan of Sennheiser headphones (I own 3 pair). BUT that does not mean I harbor any ill will towards Beats. Some like them. That's totally okay. Some don't. Equally okay. But IMO the jackwagons who try to tell people what they should or shouldn't like need to get their heads out of their rears. It's a personal preference; which is what I've stated all along.

Maybe you should re-read my quote cuz I don't think you actually did the first time.:rolleyes:

I agree. To all.

AppleIsBack

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2014
Can't believe how racists some Apple fans are. Most of you oppose this bc "crappy headphones" but the top tech company on the globe just copped them - so why the fuzz? Apple culture is complementary to hip-hop culture - you are just too racist to see it - Steve slaps you. Apple proved they never left with this and so Steve's legacy lives on.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
So now I can listen to flabby, flatulent bass bleeding into the mids and highs using 'phones with an Apple logo on it?

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
It's funny people express so much confusion about this move.

It seems pretty simple to me. The era of the classic iPod is coming rapidly to an end. Every year we see how few are sold in relation to other Apple products and every year, we're all amazed the product hasn't finally been laid to rest.

It seems pretty clear to me that the Beats acquisition is pointing toward plans to revamp the iPod. How? No idea, but the iPod is an iconic product. It's not going anywhere no matter how far down the graph the sales slide.

I suspect Apple is bringing in a new group of people with fresh ideas who have their ears to the ground in the music world to reinvent the entire iPod product line-up and give it that same cachet in the music industry it once had. That seems pretty obvious to me. All the convoluted theories about what this means or how Beats' products are going to merge with Apple's is ridiculous.

Last edited:

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I've always loved Beats headphones and I'm delighted they are now part of the Apple family of products. It's really exciting to see two industry leaders coming together to build new products that will further enhance our love of music.

You probably never even heard of Beats before Apple bought them.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Meanwhile, Beats' web designer decided that Times New Roman was the best way to welcome Apple on their website.

You mean Apple Garamond, the iconic font Apple customized and used in their marketing for a long time? I think it totally fits the fact they're talking about Apple's history, calling the Mac by its original name 'Macintosh', etc.

220px-Apple_logo_Think_Different_vectorized.svg.png

Maybe Beats' web designer isn't as clueless about Apple as you think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.