Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb3

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
Other Chief Officers who might leave Apple:

Chief Human Rights Officer
Chief Employee Union Support Officer
Chief Quality Assurance Officer
Chief Entitlement Officer
Chief Newton Evangelist Officer (he still worked here?)
Chief Implicit Bias Officer
Chief Vending Machine Officer
Chief Trendy Social Issues Officer
Chief Chef Officer
Chief Diversity of Thought Officer (for some reason this was never filled)

calstanford

Suspended
Nov 25, 2014
Hong Kong
How many such completely useless departments are there at Apple?
As someone working in Product it's always shocking to me how Apple doesn't have a proper Product department. No Chief Product Officer, nothing. But then they get these useless C level exec posts that at best are Director level elsewhere (because there just isn't a big team/ownership behind it)

Reactions: foliovision

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
Is that why they've installed backdoors in iOS under guise of "for the children?

Or is it because they've handed over, quite eagerly I might add, the data on their servers for their Chinese customers to their Chinese masters?

Your data is not stored in Chinese server. Apple must follow Chinese regulations if Apple wishes to do business in China, or any part of the world by follow respective regulation. What is so hard to understand?

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I was thinking she would go on to be a 'private' dancer...or maybe she saw the iPhone 14 and decided to run.

mikethemartian

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2017
Melbourne, FL
Chief Entitlement Officer
Chief Newton Evangelist Officer (he still worked here?)
Chief Implicit Bias Officer
Chief Vending Machine Officer
Chief Trendy Social Issues Officer
Chief Chef Officer
Chief Diversity of Thought Officer (for some reason this was never filled)
Don’t you know that you are more likely to be killed by a vending machine than a shark? You need someone there to manage that risk.

TracesOfArsenic

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2018
Hey, Privacy is not useless, it is a human right.

Everything that happens in my iPhone stays in the iPhone.

There is no way any app that went through the rigorous review process of the App Store is capable of harvesting my data, or scamming me out of my money, it is impossible.

/s

---

Privacy at Apple is just an arm of the Public Relations and Advertising office.
Not gonna lie, you had me ready to rage until I saw the /s. Well played, sir/madam. Well played.

Mc0

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2017
It's not easy finding a job especially with the tenure that she has. Must be months or years in the making for her to leave the post.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Is that why they've installed backdoors in iOS under guise of "for the children?
It’s been a year, this still hasn’t (and more than likely won’t ever)happened.
They announced it, there was universal pushback, they erased all mention of it and said they’re re-thinking it.
That’s Apple speak for “it was canceled because we don’t wanna be stupid.”

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Having the role at CXO level SHOULD be a reminder to the entire company that it's important.
However, I kind of assume she was never treated as an equal with CTO, COO and CFO - which might explain her leaving.

In reality, this should probably be a lower level position with some sort of built-in escape valve where they had an internal channel directly to the board in case they were overturned on something they felt was important - but I don't really understand Apple corporate structure.

Also: Here in Europe, one of the reasons Apple sells so well is that they put a lot of stock in the privacy of their users.
Remember that it's part of EU law that our data should never touch American servers*, because you guys keep looking at it!

*: REALLY complicated topic REALLY simplified and exaggerated for effect.

Edit: Heh, I originally wrote "privacy of their products" by mistake, which is really more true of the pre-iPhone Apple :)

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008

Or is it because they've handed over, quite eagerly I might add, the data on their servers for their Chinese customers to their Chinese masters?
Back door? What a load of rubbish.
Sounds like lots of people in this forum should stop buying Apple products. Lol. If you don't like something just force it out of business and you won't have to deal with it again. So simple.
Agree. Probably most are Android users anyway, who simply don’t have a life beyond trolling Apple.
He needs to be CEO because he at least has a personality and a clue about product.
Firstly, T.C. absolutely knows about the products. Secondly, he has taken Apple to being the biggest company on Earth. So I think they have a better understanding of what it takes to be the head of a multi-trillion dollar company than… you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.