Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zakatov

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
South Florida
Dark Horse said:
Hmm...all but one of the powermacs are ready for shipping in 7 days (definite upgrade), but all but one of the iBooks are ready in 24hrs.....damn you apple wheres my 512mb RAM??

I doubt that Apple would delay shipments just for a RAM upgrade. So they can definitely up the RAM across the line on Tuesday

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
JRM PowerPod said:
Updates are a certainty for PM's come Tuesday. The change to 3-5 is a dead give away as it happens everytime. (every Apple product)
Actually there could be other reasons for the delay happening. And on the other side of the coin, there have been aa few times where Apple didn't update the lead imes just before announcing product updates.

In this case, it does look like it's pointing to updates soon. However, my magic 8-ball says issue is cloudy, ask again later.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
zakatov said:
I doubt that Apple would delay shipments just for a RAM upgrade. So they can definitely up the RAM across the line on Tuesday
Yes, they could, or they could stagger the announcements... either across a couple of days or a few weeks like they have done before.

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
Bear said:
Yes, they could, or they could stagger the announcements... either across a couple of days or a few weeks like they have done before.

Im getting rather impatient though. I know Apple wants to get as much hype out of all these announcements as possible, but I wish they would just make a mass announcement, including a bit of " here is whats coming down the road the next 6 months". We can all dream I guess... :rolleyes:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Preclaro_tipo If I buy a mac on April 29th said:
Depending on which Mac you purchase, it's possible that it could come with the Tiger DVD in the box. Otherwise you may have to pay $9.95 for shipping. If you plan on purchasing at an Apple Store, then you should purchase Tiger first, that is if they offer a 10% discount on the purchase of a Mac and other items. If not then I would ask the store about giving the Tiger software.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Amazon.com

EDIT: nevermind, they are back to 1-2 days

All iMacs and PowerMacs (the ones with the $100 rebates) are now 1-2 weeks for shipping at Amazon:

Amazon link

You can still get them from J&R Music and Computer World through Amazon in 1-2 days, without the $100 rebate.

Also notice that you must have purchased the computer by 4/26 to use the rebate...i.e. by next Tuesday.

These things could suggest an update on Tuesday.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Everything updated but powerbooks eh?

hmm ... WWDC? for those? -- maybe september then? not saying G5 ...but september would make it a quite a few months without updates --- seems to the be the trend though ... sigh

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
revenuee said:
Everything updated but powerbooks eh?

hmm ... WWDC? for those? -- maybe september then? not saying G5 ...but september would make it a quite a few months without updates --- seems to the be the trend though ... sigh

Dude, the PowerBooks were JUST updated back in February - only two months ago. So if it's not until September, it'll be 7 months, which isn't bad.

zakatov

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
South Florida
admanimal said:
Also notice that you must have purchased the computer by 4/26 to use the rebate...i.e. by next Tuesday.

These things could suggest an update on Tuesday.

IIRC there was a rebate for Tiger that lasted until April 1st. Food for thought.

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
Hi , may seem dumb question but ...

Can I go to my local apple store and order an iMac with my own specifications (like more RAM built in bluetooth) from them. If so, will I then be sent the iMac, or pick it up from the store?

Or do all the built to order macs have to be from the net?
I know I can get a BTO from KRCS apple centre ? ? ?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Raven VII said:
Dude, the PowerBooks were JUST updated back in February - only two months ago. So if it's not until September, it'll be 7 months, which isn't bad.

It would seem prudent to update the PowerBook in time to take advantage of students retuning to school. July or August might be better timing for the PowerBook.

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
I was at the Braintree, MA CompUSA this afternoon and there wasn't one 17-inch PowerBook on display. I don't think it means anything, but I found it odd that Apple's flagship portable was conspicously absent :eek: I was just at their online store and it shows as out of stock. Maybe they sold the display model.

Max_Runk

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2005
Seattle
All signs point to updates

I'm really hoping that they update w/dual cores. All the signs are there for a big BOOM soon.
I think this would be gem ...

PM's w/dual dual core cpu's :D

Drop the single PM for high end 20" iMac w/a single dual core and updated gpu :eek:

The rest of the iMac's are original G5 w/ a speed and gpu bump but the price drops significantly.As well as them being the same colors as the iPod mini

There will be 17" iMac's in every dorm room right next to their iPods.

There will be a 20" iMac 20" in front of me.

Their stock would soar.

Likely to only come out w/ new earbuds though :confused:

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Max_Runk said:
I'm really hoping that they update w/dual cores. All the signs are there for a big BOOM soon.
I think this would be gem ...

PM's w/dual dual core cpu's :D

Drop the single PM for high end 20" iMac w/a single dual core and updated gpu :eek:

The rest of the iMac's are original G5 w/ a speed and gpu bump but the price drops significantly.As well as them being the same colors as the iPod mini

There will be 17" iMac's in every dorm room right next to their iPods.

There will be a 20" iMac 20" in front of me.

Their stock would soar.

Likely to only come out w/ new earbuds though :confused:

Well the Dual core iMac sound nice but don't think the case can handle the heat from the dual core cpu....... :eek:

I hope the SP PM will stay.....just let it be single cpu but dual core :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
john_satc said:

Can I go to my local apple store and order an iMac with my own specifications (like more RAM built in bluetooth) from them. If so, will I then be sent the iMac, or pick it up from the store?

You can definitely add additional RAM at your local Apple Store. As far as the Bluetooth, only if they had the part in stock. Otherwise you can get the assistance of a staff member to make your BTO online at the Apple Store. Your purchase will be shipped to your home address.

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
NEW POWERMACS VERY SOON - I'm sold this rumor is solid

timmyb said:
Although iBooks have 24 hour shipping time, this goes up to 3-5 days when you add RAM. All roads point to tuesday ;)

All the power macs just went from SAME DAY SHIPPING to 3-5 days..... Panther did this about 72 hours before Tiger was announced....

I'm sold - this week for sure most likely the 26th. I do not care either way... but I'm always happy to see Apple make upgrades - significant OR not! :p

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
sw1tcher said:
Hope this rumor is true.

Me want new iBook. A better GPU (with 64MB RAM) and 512MB RAM (1 DIMM) standard would make me very happy. But knowning Apple, they'll probably stick with the ATI Mobility Radeon 9200.

Can't the ATI MR 9200 go up to 64MB? my inspiron 600m has ATI Mobility RAdeon 9000 w/ 64 MB VRAM.

dayloon

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
Stafford, UK
iriejedi said:
All the power macs just went from SAME DAY SHIPPING to 3-5 days..... Panther did this about 72 hours before Tiger was announced....

I'm sold - this week for sure most likely the 26th. I do not care either way... but I'm always happy to see Apple make upgrades - significant OR not! :p

*sigh* if only they'd do the imacs as well :(

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
wdlove said:
You can definitely add additional RAM at your local Apple Store. As far as the Bluetooth, only if they had the part in stock. Otherwise you can get the assistance of a staff member to make your BTO online at the Apple Store. Your purchase will be shipped to your home address.

Aww see, there is the problem. I was hoping to get an iMac the day the Birmingham store opened, so could get 10% of there and save around £100. Is there anyway you think, they store members could knock the 10% off online ? ? ?

dicklacara

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
SF Bay Area
john_satc said:

The iMac is designed to be upgraded/repaired by someone without a lot of technical capability.

Loosen 3 screws and you can easily add/change RAM, BT, or Airport adapters. Some of the instructions are even shown on the inside of the case.

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
dicklacara said:
The iMac is designed to be upgraded/repaired by someone without a lot of technical capability.

Loosen 3 screws and you can easily add/change RAM, BT, or Airport adapters. Some of the instructions are even shown on the inside of the case.

Yeah I have now decided to get RAM from else where for cheaper, but BT i want built in. I have not seen anywhere were you can get the built in bluetooth to install yourself. If i could get and instally it myself, I would.

NevadaJack

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
john_satc said:
Yeah I have now decided to get RAM from else where for cheaper, but BT i want built in. I have not seen anywhere were you can get the built in bluetooth to install yourself. If i could get and instally it myself, I would.

Chances are good that BT 2.0 will be standard on the new iMac don't you think?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
iMac shipping times

ALL iMacs in the US store have suddenly changed from same day shipping to 5-7 days. Draw your own conclusions...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.