Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

So are you?

• Yes I am! Finally!

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Yep but I already was! 8.3 continues to carry the torch

Votes: 92 36.2%
  • Nope, grrrrr! When???!!

Votes: 97 38.2%

• Total voters

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
So what do you think?

I'm on 8.1.1 on rMini and 6 Plus, will gladly hop to 8.3 once JB drops.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
I'm personally very satisfied with it. The only bug I've encountered is some frame rate decrease when rearranging icons on the home screen.

Everything else is quick and smooth.

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
I was fine with 8.2. Updated to 8.3 yesterday, and now my work email doesn't work on Wi-Fi (Exchange profile). Seems as though they broke something somewhere. Works fine if I drop off Wi-Fi and go cell-only. Minute I turn Wi-Fi back on, it stops working.

Done all reset types I could on the phone so far, short of a complete restore. Going to try that next. Probably going to recover it back down to 8.2. I do want the keyboard fix, so.this.stops.happening.because.it's.really.annoying.but ... Wi-Fi being on is more important to me.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
8.2, stuttery as hell. 8.3, still stuttery as hell on my mini 2, but iPhone 6 is fine, as it pretty much has been. Well, I'd consider it more "tolerable", it still isn't spectacular. But anyway, I literally see no difference. On either device. It's 8.2 with new emojis, and a messages sorter.

Last edited:

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
so far only two issues. I have a pretty bad battery drain happening when the phone is idle. hopefully that fixes itself with time since it is a new update. I also notice when I unlock my phone, the top portion(ATT, wifi signal,time,battery) kind of "flash" in bigger font then reverts back down to smaller font how it should on the home screen..hard to explain

Last edited:

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
iOS 8 is a lost cause. Like Apple's Vista.

They have changed most of the backend code to future proof it. So if rumors are true, we will see real cleanup of bugs and UI stutter fixes in iOS 9. I just hope. Apple is not idiot to make old devices smooth and reduce incentive for people to buy next year's device.

So we are stuck in forever beta testing mode.

nickdylan

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2012
We'll see. If I can use it for a few months without my music library sometimes randomly completely disappearing when I switch SIM cards, I'll be happy.

kwokaaron

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
London, UK
My iPad completely froze when I tried to use the zoom function in accessibility settings. Had to hard reboot it. Not good Apple, not good.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
iOS 8 is still a bag of hurt. At this point I think it's due to the lack of RAM in the phones. Apps are constantly reloading if I don't get back to them soon enough. It's like I have 30 seconds to get back to it are risk losing my place or data I've entered. This would be better if iOS wasn't so locked down.

Last edited:

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Are we satisfied with iOS 8 (yet?) on 8.3?

I will be satisfied when seamless scrolling returns and stuttering goes away. 8.3 improved things but did not fully eliminate the stuttering.

Dunno though if iOS 8 is to blame or the stuttering is app related. Curiously enough a couple of new apps that did not exist prior to 2015 scroll perfectly (even with heavy artwork). May be apps needs to be fully rewritten for iOS 8 specifically.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I will be satisfied when seamless scrolling returns and stuttering goes away. 8.3 improved things but did not fully eliminate the stuttering.

Dunno though if iOS 8 is to blame or the stuttering is app related. Curiously enough a couple of new apps that did not exist prior to 2015 scroll perfectly (even with heavy artwork). May be apps needs to be fully rewritten for iOS 8 specifically.

I have always found it strange that Tumblr, a data-heavy and intensive app, always scrolls smoothly and has never crashed on me. Nearly everything else, including stock apps and websites, give me grief.

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Luckily I haven't experienced any serious problems with iOS 8. The only issue I have with iOS 8 on iPhone 5S is battery life.

eortizr

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2015
Dallas
Still can not get landscape mode on all Apple stock apps on my 6+, is just unacceptable.

Not having a landscape dialer or on call menu is just a dumb move by Apple

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
NO, every time I use a widget, the whole os freezes. Itunes reads the storage space wrong and there is still no way to save my healh data.

davorp

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
I've lost Touch ID biometric functionality upon installing iOS 8.3 on my IPad Air 2. Touch ID is not working in App Store any longer, and it now only prompts me to enter password.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
I've lost Touch ID biometric functionality upon installing iOS 8.3 on my IPad Air 2. Touch ID is not working in App Store any longer, and it now only prompts me to enter password.

Disable touch id for app store, reboot, turn it back on.

Yong9458

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
WeChat webpage/photo sharing problem

With 8.3, when sharing items to friends on WeChat or posting to Moments, the regular command box is prompted, but when pressing "send to friend," the supposed prompt of going to WeChat would not happened. This is an upgrade to 8.3 induced problem for sure cuz my 8.2 iPad works normally when doing the same

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
With 8.3, when sharing items to friends on WeChat or posting to Moments, the regular command box is prompted, but when pressing "send to friend," the supposed prompt of going to WeChat would not happened. This is an upgrade to 8.3 induced problem for sure cuz my 8.2 iPad works normally when doing the same

Sounds like the apps need an update.

technosix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2015
West Coast USA
I'm personally very satisfied with it. The only bug I've encountered is some frame rate decrease when rearranging icons on the home screen.

Everything else is quick and smooth.

Although I'm genuinely happy you are enjoying it, mine is still very buggy on my iP6_Plus.

I will be eager to give Kudos to Apple _if_ they fix the bugs like my brother, myself, and several of my fellow engineers are also experiencing.

I have no lack of faith in Apple's ability to build a rev that'll provide the same bug free experience to everyone. The Big Question is WILL THEY?

I would have thought by now it'd be sorted out.

I've had every iPhone and eventually Apple resolved the normal bugs each version brings. Yet I must say this is the worst experience I've had.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.