Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Yes! The bigger, the better!

In the real world outside of tech nerd forums I see everyone from little old ladies to big and tall people using larger screen phones. I know a 92 year old granny who uses a iPhone 11 Pro Max everyday and she never complains about the size or the weight. Some people here are just insufferably hyperbolic and need to get a gym membership instead of a new pair of AirPods.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
I sure am. A little larger means more space for even the very basic photo editing tools Apple supplies.
If I’m in a rush to make a post or share a photo, I’ll make do with the built in tools.
If not in a rush I still use them to get a better idea of what I want before getting on the 12.9” or the desktop.
I’m still hoping a larger screen will push Serif to publish even a slightly basic version of Affinity Photo for the iPhone.

returnZero

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2021
Yes! The bigger, the better!

In the real world outside of tech nerd forums I see everyone from little old ladies to big and tall people using larger screen phones. I know a 92 year old granny who uses a iPhone 11 Pro Max everyday and she never complains about the size or the weight. Some people here are just insufferably hyperbolic and need to get a gym membership instead of a new pair of AirPods.
Though you'd have to admit. All the work out sessions in the world wouldn't make one's genetically small hands to be substantially bigger

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
Will be holding on to my 12 mini until Apple comes to their senses and makes a phone-sized phone again.

Reactions: xpxp2002

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
I have a suspicion the 6.3 and 6.9 will come with a ratio change. The phone will be taller, and therefore may be easier to use.

If they do some clever UX changes to keep critical controls on the lower half, I can see this working well. Some Android phones have done this.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
Anything bigger than 12 mini is too big to me

Will be holding on to my 12 mini until Apple comes to their senses and makes a phone-sized phone again.

I used to think just like you guys, but after using my 12 Mini for 3 years, I've changed my perspective. I use my phone more these days, and having to charge my 12 Mini 2-3 times a day becomes annoying. Also, the limited screen estate is simply not doing it for me anymore, so I have a 15 Plus coming my way and I'm very excited about the upgrade. Most of all I'm excited about the vastly improved battery life, but also the big screen, because I'm not getting any younger and my eyesight is not what it used to be - my eyes get tired very quickly when reading for a longer period of time on the Mini. The size is no longer more important to me, personally, than battery life and more screen estate.

Reactions: landonalder

JamesMcFlyJR

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2016
I currently love the size of my 15 Pro Max. The new curved corners help a lot in making the device feel more comfortable (Although I don’t have any issue with the previous Pro Maxes either with their boxy shape. just less comfortable)

With a 6.9in Pro Max/Ultra, I would really have to check it out in person to see if I like it. Also depends what features a new screen size would bring compared to the past 6.7in iphones.

However, on the other hand, I doubt Apple would ever revert back to 6.7in once they make the jump to 6.9. Plus I don’t see myself ever downgrading to a 6.3in Pro. So I guess the only option is to bite the bullet and get used to the new 6.9in model.

Reactions: ActionFigures

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I have no interest in the Max sized phones. Hated the weight of the 12, 13 and 14 Pros. I like the look of the flat sides of those phones but it wasn't comfortable to hold for long periods of time. The 15 Pro fixed all that for me and I love this phone. If the 16 Pro gets bigger and heavier, no thanks and I'll just keep the 15 Pro longer.

Makayla

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2016
Yes I like them big. 😝

Seriously though I think we have pretty much reached the limit for width, height can grow another inch or so.

Remember those old dial phones, cordless phones or just office phones? The handset was slimmer but longer so yeah there is room for growth.

Reactions: redbeard331

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Currently got a 14PM, wouldn’t want anything more as it’s it’s big & heavy but love the larger screen size. I probably won’t be upgrading until the 16/17 series iPhone. 6.9” is only slightly bigger and if future devices keep titanium & still be as light as the 15PM then it’ll be fab!

christlinah

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2022
Austria
Pretty sure the Mini won't be coming back anytime soon, there's just no market and/or general interest for it as the 12 and 13 Mini - which both flopped - has clearly shown.

That being said, I think that the current sizes are fine. Would bigger screens be nice? Yeah. But the form factor is perfect as it is and further slimming down bezels seems a bit utopian.

TracerAnalog

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2012
I don’t know. I have to see and feel it. I held off on the first Max model because I thought it would be too big… till a colleague handed me one. I never looked back😊

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
I’d appreciate the extra screen real estate. Plus I’m sure if Apple stays with their largest Pro phone/best camera sales model many people will definitely take it. If they continue to slim the bezels and reduce weight it won’t be too much bigger.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
I know I wouldn't want it. I just downsized my 14PM for a 15 Pro. At first I was feeling like I made a mistake but after using it for a couple of weeks now, I'm loving the smaller size. It just stays out of the way like a phone should in my opinion. I had even ordered a Black 15 PM but decided to cancel it. I think the 6.3 would be absolutley perfect for me.

Reactions: bevsb2

eatrains

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2006
I used to think just like you guys, but after using my 12 Mini for 3 years, I've changed my perspective. I use my phone more these days, and having to charge my 12 Mini 2-3 times a day becomes annoying. Also, the limited screen estate is simply not doing it for me anymore, so I have a 15 Plus coming my way and I'm very excited about the upgrade. Most of all I'm excited about the vastly improved battery life, but also the big screen, because I'm not getting any younger and my eyesight is not what it used to be - my eyes get tired very quickly when reading for a longer period of time on the Mini. The size is no longer more important to me, personally, than battery life and more screen estate.
Cool, that's why those big phones exist. But there are no small phones for people who want something to use on the go.

Reactions: compwiz1202

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
I know I wouldn't want it. I just downsized my 14PM for a 15 Pro. At first I was feeling like I made a mistake but after using it for a couple of weeks now, I'm loving the smaller size. It just stays out of the way like a phone should in my opinion. I had even ordered a Black 15 PM but decided to cancel it. I think the 6.3 would be absolutley perfect for me.
I literally picked up my 15pro max, put a case on it, activated it, and within 2 hours went back to my 15 pro. I somehow got used to it.

Reactions: EdMan

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
I literally picked up my 15pro max, put a case on it, activated it, and within 2 hours went back to my 15 pro. I somehow got used to it.
I totally get people loving the big phones. They definitely have their +/-. But the Pro really is a perfect size phone for dayt to day use. I figured I could deal with anything for a year and if I still miss the larger phone I can switch next year. I'm just a basic user, not a power user anyway.

Reactions: RRC and seaguy

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
I totally get people loving the big phones. They definitely have their +/-. But the Pro really is a perfect size phone for dayt to day use. I figured I could deal with anything for a year and if I still miss the larger phone I can switch next year. I'm just a basic user, not a power user anyway.
I'm realizing the same. I'm constantly in the car for work meeting clients and showing homes. Back when business was dead I loved my Max for media etc, but I quickly realized the portability came first. I can always buy an extra cord or two.

Reactions: EdMan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.