Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How much would you pay for the AT&T unlimited data plan for the iPad?

• $0

Votes: 104 28.3%
  • $1-100

Votes: 150 40.8%
  • $101-300

Votes: 26 7.1%
  • $301-500

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • $501-700

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • $701-900

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • $901-1100

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • $1100-1300

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • $1300-1500

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • More than $1500

Votes: 26 7.1%

• Total voters

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I don't think Mobley is available in the U.S. At least I have not been able to find one. On another note, has anyone found their iPad to lose the ability to add data plans with AT&T or T-Mobile after the latest update? Mine has. Which has rendered it useless for cellular.

I think the Mobley was discontinued a while ago.

Probably didn't help ZTE got sanctioned.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
Yes it was available for around 8 months. There is a new version of it that is locked down

jsmith1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2010
I have the original unlimited data plan from my iPad 1 and wouldn’t sell at all, still be far the best deal and hope I never lose it...I stream 9+ hours a day of talk radio, music etc at work and it’s never slows, changes at all, last year when I had to evacuate from hurricane, I ran traffic google maps on LTE the whole trip and was amazing how it helped find the best route to North Carolina.

Reactions: RevTEG

BarryL

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2012
I don't think Mobley is available in the U.S. At least I have not been able to find one.

Mobley hardware has been discontinued, unless you can find one on eBay or other means. It's been replaced with Spark, which has different terms than Mobley. Mainly limited use of Spark inside vehicle. Not sure if a Spark's SIM can be swapped. My Mobley SIMs continue to work without any issues in other devices, but then again the Mobley hardware has not been updated, which creates this SIM lock PUK issue.

cmir2426

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2019
The telnet is to convert it over to the North American model and restore the Fail-over capability left out by the other firmware. The DC112A works with the Unite Pro or the Unite Explore to provide internet.
I know this was posted a while back, can you do a step by step on how to change a zain dc112a to us version?

Btayy57

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
I have seveal of these plans available i use 800+gb monthly and have for years. Let me know i will set it up before you send anything.
[automerge]1586849233[/automerge]
All his talk about the unlimited plans that are truly unlimited has my attention finally. No, I don't use more than 5 gb per month on my unlimited grandfathered iPhone plan, but thats because I've been well trained - by ATT throttling me when I did - so I avoid video. Anyone that wants to sell one of the iPad plans, for three hundred dollars should send me a pm and we can talk.
I find that my ATT LTE connection on my iPad rMini is much faster than my wifi. Personal experience, backed up by speed tests have confirmed that fact, so yea, I'd be willing to buy.
I have several of these plans i will set up before purchase and I'm wanting 500 each there are around 80 im not sure what rules are for posting contact info

tangfish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I thought there was some change to these plans recently, like they have to be used in the tablet and not in a hotspot device or something?

Btayy57

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
I thought there was some change to these plans recently, like they have to be used in the tablet and not in a hotspot device or something?
No they can still be used in hotspots i have accounts unlimited data 34.99 monthly i will give you a trial run for free. If you don't like love it your not out anything. I have used these for years and sold them locally for years. I have used 800 gb in a month with no throttling ever.

tivoman

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2013
I have a plan from AT&T called “Access for iPad 4G LTE” for $20 ($23.49 w/fees). This plan is postpaid and on its own plan. It’s unlimited (sorta) up to 22 GBs^. I just got this plan last July.

^ After 22 GBs you can be slowed down in congested areas. I’ve done 172 GBs with no slowdown.

tangfish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I have a plan from AT&T called “Access for iPad 4G LTE” for $20 ($23.49 w/fees). This plan is postpaid and on its own plan. It’s unlimited (sorta) up to 22 GBs^. I just got this plan last July.

^ After 22 GBs you can be slowed down in congested areas. I’ve done 172 GBs with no slowdown.

This is the plan I’d like to have. Is it still possible to get? I have an existing FAN account.

Btayy57

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
This is the plan I’d like to have. Is it still possible to get? I have an existing FAN account.
I have several of these grandfathered plans available and i will connect you before sending anything we can video chat or whatever makes you feel better today i can do 350 for a plan

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
i have both the $20 and $35 plan ... the $35 plan is better ... better coverage and better speed .... but ive never been throttled on either .... and the $35 plan is no longer available, its 25gb for $40/mo now ... which is reasonable i just got that plan for my surface pro x and im happy with it

Btayy57

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
Can I just add my email and you can email me or what are the rules on that I obviously can't just can't post a phone number let me know how to get ahold of you like I said I will hook it up and make sure it works first make sure you're happy with it internet stranger LOL

BarryL

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2012

I’d use caution on this. About 60 days ago there were reports of AT&T canceling these plans for T&C violations. The people who reported got notices were using in hotspots and heavy data users & data brokers. Btayy57 might be in that business. Also these tablet $34.95 data plans are subject to 22GB Network Management, this was changed years ago, Btayy57 is wrong about this.

Read about it here.

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
What is the best (Bang for the buck) hotspot to use now? I have had a unite pro For 6 years, but it is randomly restarting and dropping my connection. The signal seems weaker as well. Is the unite explore the better option now? or something newer?

BarryL

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2012
What is the best (Bang for the buck) hotspot to use now? I have had a unite pro For 6 years, but it is randomly restarting and dropping my connection. The signal seems weaker as well. Is the unite explore the better option now? or something newer?

The Netgear Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot (MR1100) is pretty bad-ass. It supports LTE carrier aggregation (CAT 16), make sure you get model that supports AT&T Band 16. Also has Ethernet output, so you could plug into a router. They retail for $249, but you can find them on eBay for much less.

Great review of the product here.

Reactions: psingh01

NayborAxi

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
That nighthawk cost an arm and a leg now. People are crazy thinking they can get +$200 for a used device that cost $249 brand new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.