Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Are the complainers really serious?! I always felt Apple customers we sharper than all the noise I keep hearing about Beats. I wonder if Katy Perry was the partner instead of Dr Dre if the outrage would be equivalent? Most likely not. You guys are so biased you can't even see the message in the ad down to the Siri's final response. She was pretending she couldn't hear him because he kept insisting on the directions and she wasn't giving them.

It is getting very annoying to be honest. Apple fans need to let it go, get behind Beats and Beats products, and stop pissing on everything done under the Beats brand. As Tim Cook said, they are part of the family now. That should be good enough for everyone. It's time for Apple fans to quit the whining and start looking for positive things to say about the Beats product line.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I don't say this lightly, but as an Apple shareholder I sincerely hope everyone involved in making and releasing this video gets fired.

And Apple needs to put in some controls in their acquired people.

Lol, what? All big and mighty shareholder here.

This is not a real commercial, that is run on tv. It is just something put together for the internet to have fun with.

If anything this should be a positive sign for shareholders. You WANT to see change as a shareholder, else you will end up like BB.

Last edited:

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
Lol, what? All big and mighty shareholder here.

This is not a real commercial, that is run on tv. It is just something put together for the internet to have fun with.

If anything this should be a positive sign for shareholders. You WANT to see change as a shareholder, else you will end up like BB.
Just stating my motivation for Apple preserving some class in their brand. Also I did not state it was an ad.

Now if you think that a company can't damage their brand with **** they put online you need to wake up to the post-TV world. Why on earth would they make fun of their own products like Siri "sorry I didn't get that". Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Chewster

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2014
I read the responses to this expecting outrage and wasn't disappointed.

I don't know whether Apple allowed this to be released, but I'm sure if they didn't want this running around the internet, they would've done something about it.

Apple is showing their good nature with allowing this, even if they had no hand in it. I really like that Apple can do this.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
I haven't watched it. I'm afraid I'll wish I killed myself instead or I'm afraid I'll wish I had the time back. Instead I'll waste time posting.

so what's it about?

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
I haven't watched it. I'm afraid I'll wish I killed myself instead or I'm afraid I'll wish I had the time back. Instead I'll waste time posting.

so what's it about?
I did all three. The video is about some stupid characters being stupid and bringing Siri into the mix in a stupid way.

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
HATERS SHUT UP!!, you don't see the true message! Apple is basically saying "Beats Pill dudes" you are getting the axe! You ain't invited! pure genius! Wake up haters and see this! Apple ain't buying beats for what they have out now, it's for where they will take it! Read the PR and it's all about the future, Apple will take beats to a whole new level, and to be more precise... will take music to a whole new level!

You got a good point there my friend;) I like the idea, makes sense! Have to remember though, Apples engineers and staff are a little smarter than the majority of poster here! :cool:

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
1) Apple didn't make this
2) It's not an ad
3) First it was iOS 7, then the dropping of the 17 inch, then it was the 5C, now it's this video. What's going to be the next "APPLE IS DYING STEVE WOULD HAVE NEVER ALLOWED THIS!!!1!1!1!1!1!!!########" topic?

Y'all are so rediculous. This isn't even that bad of an ad. Apple has made way worse. I'm talking way way way worse. Y'all making this tiny video out to be like someone bombed the Apple HQ. It was funny to see the overreactors at first but now its just really annoying.

You just don't get it.

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
HATERS SHUT UP!!, you don't see the true message! Apple is basically saying "Beats Pill dudes" you are getting the axe! You ain't invited! pure genius! Wake up haters and see this! Apple ain't buying beats for what they have out now, it's for where they will take it! Read the PR and it's all about the future, Apple will take beats to a whole new level, and to be more precise... will take music to a whole new level!

Your word "hater" is no longer relevant. We all know who the real haters are.

Last edited by a moderator:

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I didn't understand that. Why would Apple/Beats want to make it seem like their products are not welcome at the party?

If I did an ad for Beats it would start with cavemen sitting around a campfire banging some sort of drums, and then keep the same beat of that drum and go through all the ages of popular music.

macgabe

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2012
Maybe under-10's is an important demographic? Trying to look for positives here. Siri seems like the new Microsoft in this commercial. Or is Beats the Microsoft here? Both sides seem to be losers. I half expect Pharell to stroll in from the side with 2 gorgeous girls and a Samsung Galaxy and say "this is where the party is! Drop the bass!" Boom game over.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'm not familiar at all with these pill people. Is this some kind of drug reference? At least they aren't invited to the party—or maybe if we're lucky they're uninvited from anything else ever again? Also I'm pretty sure that's Siri's old voice. This thing is just weird all over. Wish I had never seen it.

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
Actually I get it now. This is the Beats people being upset about the layoff rumors that have been going around.

That's why it speaks about
1) Dre having a party
2) it being invitation only
3) making fun of Siri

helicon1

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2012
Really just screams "the black beats characters are not invited to the party at Apple" to me.

Is this an official video?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
My god this ad is horrible. Who green lighted it?

----------

It is getting very annoying to be honest. Apple fans need to let it go, get behind Beats and Beats products, and stop pissing on everything done under the Beats brand. As Tim Cook said, they are part of the family now. That should be good enough for everyone. It's time for Apple fans to quit the whining and start looking for positive things to say about the Beats product line.

So would you say the same about iOS 7 or OSX Yosemite?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
joining forces? more like bashing apple and the layoff that comes with it ^^

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.