Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMacDaddy1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Merica!
I'm done with this nonsense. Here's an article of a new app which sounds pretty good. So I decide to read the thread for some intelligent discussion. And low and behold, post after post of inflammatory and mean-spirited comments. How can MacRumors allow this useless hatred to fill the threads? They are going to be left with a roster of nothing but people who live to unintelligently criticize and be mean. Enjoy expressing your hate with each other.
Lol!!!!! Seriously at the end of the day, with inflation what it is, NO ONE really cares about AVP. People are not being "mean", they are just be real. This product in its current form is a complete failure, save for the Apple cult members.

Maybe, in 5 years there will be a $600 version, that does not make you look like a alien from another planet, that makes sense to more than .01% of consumers.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
I'm done with this nonsense. Here's an article of a new app which sounds pretty good. So I decide to read the thread for some intelligent discussion. And lo and behold, post after post of inflammatory and mean-spirited comments. How can MacRumors allow this useless hatred to fill the threads? They are going to be left with a roster of nothing but people who live to unintelligently criticize and be mean. Enjoy expressing your hate with each other.
Agree. If you listen to all those on here who don’t have one, and have probably never even held an Apple device, this thing is dead in the water.

Instead we have a reality where businesses will invest in apps for the AVP, and let’s be honest. The market will determine the value of the AVP. Not a bunch of people who only have interest in saying how bad it would be, even though they have never used one.

Its hard to ignore the crap, but we shall continue discussing the merits where it’s deserved.

Are you suggesting an intelligent conversation can only exist to sing the AVPs praises?
It's rare to see an intelligent conversation when people just come on say it’s a $3500 fail with no qualification or argument to support it.

Last edited:

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
AR/VP can be useful for certain types of shopping.

I bet one day we will have full body Personas that can try on different outfits and apparel with accurate fit. (Also hair color, etc.) You could look at your Persona in a “mirror” but you could also turn your Persona 360. It would be a pretty convenient way to shop.

Edit- I think AR shopping should cut down on a lot of returns especially from online shopping, and consequently hopefully reduce carbon.

Last edited:

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
Just questioning why Vision Pro for this home technology simulation? iPhone Pro models and iPad Pro support LIDAR.

Reference
Probably both. But I find that using AR through a screen is rather annoying and/or limiting. Either the screen is tiny plus it requires one of your hands to hold it, or the screen is bigger but still small compared to your field of view and requires both of your hands to hold it.

Edit- oh also it’s harder to get a real sense of scale and dimension through a 2D screen.

Last edited:

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
a. k. a. „the 3500 Dollar difference“.
I don't know why anyone would buy an Apple Vision Pro for $3500 just to use this app. It's a much more satisfying way to view these products in your space than waving an iPhone or iPad around, but not $3500 better.

That said, if you already own an Apple Vision Pro that you bought for other reasons, this app is free. So there is no need at all to resent its existence.

twintin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Sweden
I don't know why anyone would buy an Apple Vision Pro for $3500 just to use this app. It's a much more satisfying way to view these products in your space than waving an iPhone or iPad around, but not $3500 better.
Not sure why you even wrote this comment when you already know that anyone buying this kind of device just to run one app and nothing more is slim to none.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
Not sure why you even wrote this comment when you already know that anyone buying this kind of device just to run one app and nothing more is slim to none.
It think they answered that point in the sentence you left out.

That said, if you already own an Apple Vision Pro that you bought for other reasons, this app is free. So there is no need at all to resent its existence.

Reactions: doelcm82

richinaus

macrumors 68020
Oct 26, 2014
Probably both. But I find that using AR through a screen is rather annoying and/or limiting. Either the screen is tiny plus it requires one of your hands to hold it, or the screen is bigger but still small compared to your field of view and requires both of your hands to hold it.

Edit- oh also it’s harder to get a real sense of scale and dimension through a 2D screen.
it is, but you still can see things 1:1 and look around the object - I find AR on the phone far more useful than a 2D website.

richinaus

macrumors 68020
Oct 26, 2014
My god this is actually the dystopian nightmare I had a few months back. Buying cookers with an VR/AR headset.
more fun than actually going to one of the horrific stores and discuss the specifications with your local shop assistant moron who knows less than you do, from just doing 5 minutes research.

AlmightyKang

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2023
more fun than actually going to one of the horrific stores and discuss the specifications with your local shop assistant moron who knows less than you do, from just doing 5 minutes research.

I eliminated that hell years ago. I do not wish to have a virtual nightmare version of it :)

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
Lol!!!!! Seriously at the end of the day, with inflation what it is, NO ONE really cares about AVP. People are not being "mean", they are just be real. This product in its current form is a complete failure, save for the Apple cult members.

Maybe, in 5 years there will be a $600 version, that does not make you look like a alien from another planet, that makes sense to more than .01% of consumers.
That is your opinion or desire. If it was a failure, no new apps would be coming out.

DelayedGratificationGene

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2020
Almost 3 months after AVP release and we have:
Surgical teams/ health related usage around the world

Enterprise usage growing(SAP/Lowes/Nvidia/MSFT etc

Enterprise apps(Best Buy today)popping up almost daily.

Siemens today launched its electrical training app for AVP.

Social media groups(FB) over 100k members and chatter growing

AVP apps being developed worldwide even before release….China biggest retailer Alibaba Taobao

Major league immersive sports usage growing

Ya this thing is a flop lol!

Last edited:

oldwatery

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Maui
I'm done with this nonsense. Here's an article of a new app which sounds pretty good. So I decide to read the thread for some intelligent discussion. And lo and behold, post after post of inflammatory and mean-spirited comments. How can MacRumors allow this useless hatred to fill the threads? They are going to be left with a roster of nothing but people who live to unintelligently criticize and be mean. Enjoy expressing your hate with each other.
Hmmmm….got out bed the wrong side eh! A negative post about negative posters. Ok…….

Reactions: gusmula

DelayedGratificationGene

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2020
There is an unfortunate group of people full of that hate that justs wants the world to burn….they want what people luv most to fail and most of the world uses and luvs Apple. That’s why Apple Is such a main target for them. However these trolls are easy and quick to spot so I just quickly scroll right past them.

Last edited:

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
There is an unfortunate group of people full of that hate that justs wants the world to burn….they want what people luv most to fail and most of the world uses and luvs Apple. That’s why Apple Is such a main target for them. However these trolls are easy and quick to spot so I just quickly scroll right past them.
There’s such passion on this post because of the level of or lack there of that Best Buy doesn’t provide their customers. And it basically is an advertisement, yes.

But I think people are critical of Apple on this because the OS is still very limited currently until v2.0 comes out for the OS this summer. And I think we will have a better idea of the future then. I’m hopeful as I like it.

But terrible companies putting terrible apps in here like BB, I’ll be against them every day. Too many horror stories from that company to ignore.

DelayedGratificationGene

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2020
There’s such passion on this post because of the level of or lack there of that Best Buy doesn’t provide their customers. And it basically is an advertisement, yes.

But I think people are critical of Apple on this because the OS is still very limited currently until v2.0 comes out for the OS this summer. And I think we will have a better idea of the future then. I’m hopeful as I like it.

But terrible companies putting terrible apps in here like BB, I’ll be against them every day. Too many horror stories from that company to ignore.
Ya see though if I don’t like something I move on. It loses 100% of my interest. Why do the trolls stick around if they don’t like iOS or iPhone AVP whatever? There is something else motivating them to stick around and that is hate.

steve09090

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2008
The point was, the first sentence did not make any sense at all IMO, so you could have left it out and just keep the second one. That's all.
Pretty sure the first sentence was sarcasm. As rough as it was, the second sentence informed the first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.