Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandy1117

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Isn't that what Matterport does?
Will your app add interactivity the Matterport app doesn't do?
We develop custom and B2B apps for specific businesses. The AR functionality will be a component of a larger database and CRM solution for this business.

dandy1117

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
If you think the word “Pro” means the device is intended for enterprise you’re not paying attention to Apple’s MARKETING conventions. Because “Pro” in Apple world means “the expensive one,” not “intended for the enterprise sector.” Apple doesn’t market it B2B. They hype it on Good Morning America. A show for housewives.
I won’t address your condescending tone regarding the Good Morning America audience and will just suggest you review this link to an Apple newsroom post: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2024...s-a-new-era-of-spatial-computing-to-business/

Also, many of our clients are small and medium businesses. Their technology services are not traditionally categorized as “enterprise”

wlossw

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I won’t address your condescending tone regarding the Good Morning America audience and will just suggest you review this link to an Apple newsroom post: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2024...s-a-new-era-of-spatial-computing-to-business/

Also, many of our clients are small and medium businesses. Their technology services are not traditionally categorized as “enterprise”
What do you think about the ongoing complexity and cost of generating models and content for apps like these? Do you see regular 3d scanning of real world objects to be cost effective, and something that best-buy in this app, or your clients would continue to do?

Are the ongoing content creation and maintenance costs comparable to current solutions like video and photo?

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

Nothing about my comment is condescending. That is literally the show’s target audience. And a single Apple press release doesn’t prove much. Look at where they send Tim Cook to talk about it. Look at where they place ads. Apple is not targeting enterprise with this device. It’s a consumer device.

Okay? And this is going to move millions and millions of units? No. You’re still describing a niche market and my comment continues to stand: for the average consumer this adds zero value. It’s a use case that practically never comes up and that’s already available in a perfectly useful form on phones and tablets. You don’t actually have to strap an iPad to your face to do this.

Reactions: gusmula

dandy1117

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
What do you think about the ongoing complexity and cost of generating models and content for apps like these? Do you see regular 3d scanning of real world objects to be cost effective, and something that best-buy in this app, or your clients would continue to do?

Are the ongoing content creation and maintenance costs comparable to current solutions like video and photo?
The 3D assets, including those in the USDA, USDC, and USDZ file formats, are commonly used by architects and designers in 3D modeling platforms. You may have noticed that many comsumer websites, such as Amazon and Crate and Barrel, allow you to view products in a room setting. These assets can already be saved and displayed on the Vision Pro.

dandy1117

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Nothing about my comment is condescending. That is literally the show’s target audience. And a single Apple press release doesn’t prove much. Look at where they send Tim Cook to talk about it. Look at where they place ads. Apple is not targeting enterprise with this device. It’s a consumer device
You’d only be convinced if Tim Cook gave an interview to Fortune magazine titled “Tim Cook pitches Apple’s new Vision Pro headset as a must-have for businesses”?

I will end this conversation because I believe I proven my point.

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Because “Pro” in Apple world means “the expensive one,”
It means more than that. It means the one with the coolest and newest features (that may filter down to other models eventually), and it means the one with the highest specs.

In some cases, those specs appeal to professionals or serious semi-pros. I have no doubt that if Robert Rodriguez were renting his body to medical science to finance an ultra-low budget action film today, he'd be shooting it on a phone, and he would definitely choose an iPhone Pro over a non-Pro iPhone model.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Monkey

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
You’d only be convinced if Tim Cook gave an interview to Fortune magazine titled “Tim Cook pitches Apple’s new Vision Pro headset as a must-have for businesses”?

I will end this conversation because I believe I proven my point.

You haven’t but okay?

Reactions: gusmula

ThePeej

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2017
Toronto - Canada
Ok. It’s bad, you guys. The app is bad. It feels like something that was built on Oculus in 2015, ported to the AVP. There no search functionality, so you’re just scrolling endlessly, wondering if the product you want to view is there. (In the end, it isn’t) But perhaps more egregious than that is the fact that it uses HEAD TRACKING for the movement & placement of the objects. No ability to grab a handle & manipulate the object once it’s placed. You point your face like a goofball. Then you drop the product & now it’s stuck there.

It’s very whack.
The Gucci app blows it away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.