Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bodhisattva

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
Liking this idea and the direction. Nice to interact and be able to walk around the product in real space. Be even more cool if you could actually simulate use. Start a load of laundry and have it simulate how loud it runs acoustically in your space. Lots of ideas about using your space and experiencing more than just placement.

crsh1976

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2011
A measuring tape and a little imagination no?
Where's the fun in that, you clearly need a $3500 headset to see how a stove will look like in your home, let alone in your kitchen.

I mean, it's a stove, you cannot make this decision lightly - black vs staineless vs white is too much to handle.

Reactions: d0sed0se

bodhisattva

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
This is pretty funny, thanks. Please post more. Gets kinda dull around here in-between.

Oh, and btw when someone says something positive (my post) about something it might be wise NOT assume it's actually negative because, well it's such a mean thread, with mean, bad people.

Who enjoy their hate? Yup.
Meh. I can see mistaking a comment that could go either way. I see your point as your comment seems innocent, but to the original point, this place is indeed filled with some pretty negative and petty comments a lot of the time. So easy to get overwhelmed when you are wanting to engage in genuine chat about a product, and all you see is the same ol' petty "bad apple", "stupid Tim", "dumb idea" comments flooding in. Oh well, I'll just do my best to be positive here, add some occasional irony and comedy and skip over the rants. I'm pretty good at toning out the teenage kids, seems to work the same here.

• Love
Reactions: fatTribble

bodhisattva

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
Where's the fun in that, you clearly need a $3500 headset to see how a stove will look like in your kitchen.

I mean, it's a stove, you cannot make this decision lightly - black vs staineless vs white is too much to handle.
Stop being poor! Live a little. lol. And if you've ever purchased the wrong color, shape, or features when married.... having this lil tool can save a lot of headache! 😆🤣

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, I'm going to slap on my VR goggles just to watch ads. 🤣
🤣🤣

Instead of doing something like playing games.

Instead of? Geez, it's not like you have to use Vision Pro for just one thing. As with a computer or smartphone, Vision Pro can be used for many different things. A computer and smartphone can be used it to connect to the Internet to go to bestbuy.com, play games, or for other reasons. Vision Pro can be used to view products on Best Buy app, play games, or for other reasons.

Just as gaming is enhanced by Vision Pro, the Best Buy shopping experience can be enhanced by Vision Pro.

dandy1117

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I haven't come across any first impressions about the app so far, so I’d like to share my opinions with those who are genuinely interested in the Apple Vision Pro device rather than those who simply want to mock it and its users in the comments.

As expected, the Best Buy app's "view in room" AR functionality is much more immersive on the Vision Pro than on a smartphone. However, the Best Buy app does have some bugs when it comes to finding relevant planes to place products within your space. It seems to have difficulty identifying floors and walls in my space. Nonetheless, the app's playful game physics are quite impressive, as products will fall off shelves or walls if placed incorrectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: fatTribble

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
That’s actually pretty cool. I think IKEA did something similar with the iPhones AR camera
Yes, this is a very cool idea. IKEA should port its app in Vision Pro if not already done, and Amazon also has a similar feature which could be awesome in the Vision Pro.

I remember when they were unveiling AR stuff at WWDC with the iPhone Camera like ... 8 years ago?
I thought in 2024 we would have entire restaurant menus in AR, clothing shops, etc. But we're far from there yet.

dandy1117

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Cool! A function that already exists on iPhones for a use case that people might need once or twice a year at most. That makes wearing a face computer totally worth it!
I am a technology consultant for an interior designer. We are currently working on developing a Vision Pro app that will enable the designer to offer realistic and immersive staging options for furniture, appliances, and electronics to his clients. By using this app, the designer can save a lot of money on traditional staging costs, and the cost of the Vision Pro app will pay for itself after just one client on-premises meeting.

So many commentators seem to forget that the world exists beyond their specific use cases. Let’s be imaginative and inclusive geeks again.

Harry Haller

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2023
I am a technology consultant for an interior designer. We are currently working on developing a Vision Pro app that will enable the designer to offer realistic and immersive staging options for furniture, appliances, and electronics to his clients. By using this app, the designer can save a lot of money on traditional staging costs, and the cost of the Vision Pro app will pay for itself after just one client on-premises meeting.

So many commentators seem to forget that the world exists beyond their specific use cases. Let’s be imaginative and inclusive geeks again.

Isn't that what Matterport does?
Will your app add interactivity the Matterport app doesn't do?

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR

How often do you suppose the typical person redoes their interior design? No one is forgetting anything. What you’re describing is a niche use case in a small-sector commercial setting. The device is intended to be a consumer product, not an enterprise product. So my point stands. For the average consumer this adds zero value. It’s a use case people might encounter a couple times a year at most and one that already exists on their phones and tablets.

dandy1117

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
How often do you suppose the typical person redoes their interior design? No one is forgetting anything. What you’re describing is a niche use case in a small sector commercial setting. The device is intended to be a consumer product, not an enterprise product. So my point stands. For the average consumer this adds zero value to the device. It’s a use case people might encounter a couple times a year at most and one that already exists on their phones and tablets.
The product is called “Vision PRO”.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
The product is called “Vision PRO”.

If you think the word “Pro” means the device is intended for enterprise you’re not paying attention to Apple’s MARKETING conventions. Because “Pro” in Apple world means “the expensive one,” not “intended for the enterprise sector.” Apple doesn’t market it B2B. They hype it on Good Morning America. A show for housewives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.