Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Nice

but i want better battery life and more GBS is a no-no until the Nano gets more GBs!

How Much Smaller can we get?:confused:

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Koodauw said:
I wish the shuffle would just go away.
Why? It is a great device for people who are active. Some actives are too risky to bring along an MP3 player with a screen. Plus, it is the perfect budget player.

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Nope

Koodauw said:

Sometimes I think so too, but in the end it's a moderatly succesful standalone product (1+ million per quarter), and it doesnt cannibalize any other iPod sales. It also lets Apple own the low-end flash player market.

xjebbx

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2005
shuff this

i like my shuffle, listing to music, but the seller for me was that i can use it as a flash drive on my mac and my schools pc's.

i don't need a smaller on, but i sure as hell want one.

syklee26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
this could lead to suits

imagine someone inexplicably trying to swallow shuffle and then choke to death...."I thought it was kitkat"

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
I'd love to see it have a slide-away USB port too. I think the cap has a propensity to get lost waaaaay to easily.

Forget black man, give me transluscent with blue LEDs and vibration...then we're talking :D

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
Bibulous said:
I still think it needs a 1 or 2 line display to help with playlists and navigation.

A slightly smaller and more robust form factor would be nice also.

I know most people here hate this idea, but I would love a AM/FM tuner added.

with a price reduction...

Would the tuner be random?

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
I want to see it with 4gb capacity and a projector system so that you can beam it onto a nearby wall to see the track listings...

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Although I think the shuffle would look much better in white, I guess that's okay. It is a good player (I've been wanting one for awhile, can't wait to get one when I have the money) and it deserves an update.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
This would make sense. The shuffle will be due a revamp and they need the black model to be consistent with the rest of the family.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Those predictions sound like reasonable guesses, if nothing else.

And the Shuffle DOES have its place and its fans. I know someone who really liked the nano, then got a Shuffle instead and likes it (for being lighter and for the simplicity). Plus, the Shuffle's CHEAPER :)

PS, I didn't know LoopRumors was back. They were stagnant for a LONG time. Good luck to them! Rumors are fun.

Their Leopard prediction articles are interesting:

http://www.looprumors.com/Pages/leopardinfo08302005.html

http://www.looprumors.com/Pages/leopardinfo09142005.html

Epicurus

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
PCMacUser said:
...and a projector system so that you can beam it onto a nearby wall to see the track listings...
I'd buy that.

Smaller is better, any sort of screen would be nice (its odd that the shuffle's two big brothers now have color screens and the shuffle doesn't have anything). It made some sense not to have a screen when the iPod was the only one with color and the mini had a BW screen. If they can get a color screen on the nano they should be able to do something with the shuffle.:D

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Black - nice

I want to draw a Red cross on my white one (St.Georges Cross)

Larger capacity- maybe useful

Retractable USB plug - neat

Smaller - Narrower would be good, as I understand it doesn't fit some machines, particularly an iBook, that already has a USB mouse plugged in.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Koodauw said:

The shuffle is wonderful for working out - waaaay better than a nano for that purpose. And it's a USB flash drive. There's no reason for it to go away because it doesn't significantly impact the market for the other ipods.

I hope they make the next revision small enough that it doesn't block the second usb port when plugged in to a laptop, and black would be very cool.

No reason to increase the capacity, either. If you can't select songs/playlists, 1 GB is plenty to go through randomly.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
PCMacUser said:
I want to see it with 4gb capacity and a projector system so that you can beam it onto a nearby wall to see the track listings...

That would be AWESOME, but not useful for people who run with their iPod or use it in wall-less locations.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
ITASOR said:
That would be AWESOME, but not useful for people who run with their iPod or use it in wall-less locations.

.. have it shine on the palm of your hand?

The easy to 'feel' controls are good for running and walking with it tucked away in your pocket.

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
grapes911 said:
Why? It is a great device for people who are active. Some actives are too risky to bring along an MP3 player with a screen. Plus, it is the perfect budget player.

Yeh, I agree, the shuffle is a great product. I bought it... to last until I get a 3rd or 4th gen iPod video. Rather than buying a full blown iPod every year.

p.s. I don't think black is the way to go... scratches and fingerprints show up much more on black.

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
ITASOR said:
I am pleased to announce a new product from apple... iWALL! Fits in your pocket, folds out to produce a portable wall for beaming your portable iPod shuffle onto while running or performing other intensive tasks on the move... only comes in white though...

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
The shuffle could use faster transfer speed, longer battery life and perhaps a little shorter than it is now. Oh also, maybe rounder curves like the nano.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Koodauw said:

I'm curious why you feel that way? I think the shuffle serves it's purpose well. I have one with a sport/workout playlist that never really gets changed and I use it whenever I'm doing anything active. Super lightweight, no screen to accidentally get scratched and no high price tag to make you worry about it breaking.

I love my 512MB shuffle. But with that said, bring out the 80 & 100GB iPods! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.