Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
Like other posters, I can't imagine the shuffle getting noticeably smaller. With the jump to black iPods (i.e. 5G and Nano) it wouldn't suprise me to see a black shuffle coming along. I'm interested to see how they are gonna keep shuffle sales up with the high demand (or so I think) of nanos, especially during the holiday season

Poogie Bear

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
City of Angels
zv470 said:
Yeh, I agree, the shuffle is a great product. I bought it... to last until I get a 3rd or 4th gen iPod video. Rather than buying a full blown iPod every year.

p.s. I don't think black is the way to go... scratches and fingerprints show up much more on black.

I feel the same way. I'm going to wait for the 3rd or 4th Gen ipod Video too. The new ipod video hard drive is very slow.

mdavey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
BlueRevolution said:
hey, idea coming here... give the Shuffle infrared and it can double as an Apple Remote.

The new Apple Remote will be Bluetooth. Combining a few themes, how about a Shuffle with Bluetooth 2, remove the headphone and USB connector and use an inductive loop (like you find in toothbrushes) to recharge the battery? Then you could completely seal the unit so it would be waterproof (sweatproof).

Provide a USB-Bluetooth dongle with inductive charging port as an accessory for those that need to use the Shuffle with a computer that doesn't have Bluetooth capability.

Finally add an Apple Remote mode like BlueRevolution suggested.

Yea, I'd definately buy one of those ;)

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
podfuture said:
The only thing I hear is that a 1G nano is coming soon.

Of course it is, as with memory increases across the line as soon as the memory pricepoint hits the sweet spot for Apple...

jrbsman

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2005
Selling out.

A bunch of stores in Ontario have sold off their remaining supply of shuffles and are not getting any more in stock. The 512 MB version is normally $129 and they were being sold off for as low as $94 at Best Buy. It definitely seems like a change to the system is coming.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
That would be cool. I'm looking to get another iPod shuffle to my collection, so I'm looking at perhaps a thinner, lighter and black shuffle with round corners and perhaps 50% more battery life.

/currently playing: Cry - Texas

Here's to the Crazy Ones

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
Koodauw said:
I wish the shuffle would just go away.

Last Feburary three DMPs were purchased in my house. I purchased my 40gig 4th Generation iPod, which I love dearly. I don't think I will get my hands on another iPod till they have the 6th generation or something. Anyhow, my stepsister sadly went the Rio Route, and got a Carbon. It broke (was dropped), and Rio is out of business so they obviously can't be paid to repair it. I begged her to get a Mini, but she wasn't interested in Apple *shrugs*. My stepmom loved the shuffle, and she got the 512meg one.

Why does my stepmom love the shuffle? Well, it will certainly take a few more falls, it will hold a couple of albums for her, and it goes around her neck while she is working. ALSO, she is a teacher and can use it has a thumb drive to transport stuff from her Mac at home to her Toshiba (I told that after I got out of college and was making money she would be getting a PowerBook :) ) laptop. So yeah, the shuffle has its users, and so it won't be going anywhere.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
OLED screens would be my number one request. They should make the next Powerbooks have some OLED keys as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.