Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Bluetooth 5 is interesting, but wouldn’t explain the trackpad limitations would it?
No. The trackpad limitations seemed to be caused by Apple. People were already having issues with Magic Mouse, and other devices with the last update, where Apple seemed to break things intentionally in preparation for the Magic Keyboard release.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
No. The trackpad limitations seemed to be caused by Apple. People were already having issues with Magic Mouse, and other devices with the last update, where Apple seemed to break things intentionally in preparation for the Magic Keyboard release.

That’s the interesting thing - their own Magic Trackpad still works flawlessly and the new Logitech product seems-to, so I’d be interested to see exactly what’s happened here.

Reactions: Mcdj18

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
That’s the interesting thing - their own Magic Trackpad still works flawlessly and the new Logitech product seems-to, so I’d be interested to see exactly what’s happened here.
The new Logitech keyboard is not bluetooth, but was developed in cooperation with Apple, according to some articles about it I've seen. The Magic Trackpad is also feature limited compared to the Magic Trackpad 2, so Apple is definitely implementing some nonstandard behaviors with their devices.

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
Here preordered the Brydge pro+ in February, would have been send mid april, still no tracking code. After mailing/website support/facebook messenger to Brydge 4 times, i finaly recieved an response.

The "order is about to be send within 1-5 business days" that was on April 22nd, nothing since then.
On 24 april, an official mail from Brydge with the same story, shipping within 1 to 5 bussiness days, also still no tracking code. (and the Firmware message)

Does anybody knows, if it will be shipped directly from China, or first to the US, and then back to Europe?

I'm living in Holland/Netherlands.
I really hope directly from China, because i have ordered something else on April 6th in the US (other company), which will ship from the US, and therefor a delay of an additional 2 weeks, because it's sent by boat instead of airplane, due to Corona. (still not received, through USPS)

I don't want to wait till June, before my order will be received in Holland (also mailed Brydge about it)

Greetings

Juan

Last edited:
Reactions: ascender and Mcdj18

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
The Facebook page is full of complaints. They are responding to posts, sort of. I actually see this often with companies having issues. They seems to feel they need to at least respond on Facebook. Something about Facebook. I should buy Facebook stock?

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
The only thing I really care about is the potential BT issues that you discovered. The delays and such, are ok. Times are tough.
But this BT thing is worrisome. This company is not new, so the issues most likely will get resolved. But who knows in this climate. Anything is possible.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Brydge knew this product was going to have a rocky launch once Jason Snell said the trackpad was basically garbage. He has been their biggest fan for a long time now. They're having to backtrack a bit now.

Personally, I think it takes a specific kind of user to want/like Brydge products. The thought of wedging my iPad into those abrasive rubber clips gives me the wiggins. I also feel like most people don't use the back protection that comes with the new ones and I just don't get it. I don't think I'm willing to put my iPad through the abuse that a Brydge keyboard requires.

Reactions: foliovision

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Brydge knew this product was going to have a rocky launch once Jason Snell said the trackpad was basically garbage. He has been their biggest fan for a long time now. They're having to backtrack a bit now.

Personally, I think it takes a specific kind of user to want/like Brydge products. The thought of wedging my iPad into those abrasive rubber clips gives me the wiggins. I also feel like most people don't use the back protection that comes with the new ones and I just don't get it. I don't think I'm willing to put my iPad through the abuse that a Brydge keyboard requires.
I loved ( non trackpad version ) mine. I also loved the increased flexibility with being able to turn the iPad in either direction. At the time though I just got tired of the work of putting the iPad in the tabs & taking them back out. The tabs needed to be that strong for your assurances. I have a Paperlike screen protector and never worried about the tabs or pressure.

My only real gripe ( besides the considerable weight ) though was there wasn't a way to get a replacement backing according to customer service. You only got the one with your order, and there were none extra for sale.

Reactions: foliovision

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I got this from Brydge’s Facebook:

I asked: Will this feature the same 2 and 3 finger gestures currently found on Apple’s Magic Keyboard?

Brydge:
Hi ____,

Like all Apple products, the Magic Keyboard is great in its design to maximize every feature available in iPadOS.

The Brydge Pro+ on the other hand takes a different angle. While it does not automatically support three finger gestures, the Pro+ provides a very smooth experience through all one & two finger based gestures. With the addition of AssistiveTouch, the Brydge Pro+ can achieve much more with a three finger tap versus a swipe.

Three finger tap can be programmed to perform specific gestures by going to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch > Devices > Brydge Pro+ > Button 1, Button 2, Button 3.

We have seen some of the recent reviews that have focused more on what the Pro+ doesn’t do versus what it does, and because of that we have recently made changes to our firmware to improve the tracking experience further. Our focus is to always improve our products and trackpad updates will be made available to existing customers in the form of an iPadOS Application.

So the answer is no, they won’t support all gestures, therefore it will be an inferior product. Maybe if they want people to focus on the good they should make a decent product that can go toe to toe with the Apple offering and maybe even fix the problems with the Magic Keyboard (like angles)

Reactions: ascender

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
Brydge is sending 'tracking by the end of day' notices (according to Facebook).

I'm waiting for a 'tracking any minute' email.

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
Received yet another email (same story as before, but different layout), shipping within 1-4 bussiness days.

Still no awnser to my question if it will be shipped directly from China, or from the US. :-(

Mcdj18

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2020
Just when i think I'm gonna get an answer about the Bluetooth issue....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 8.24.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 8.24.15 AM.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 99

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Really disappointing to hear of such poor customer care. When you are spending so much on the keyboard and then having to wait over 4 months for it is really poor. They really dropped the ball on this one it seems. Hope people enjoy it when they do get it but the trackpad appears to be not up to scratch.

Reactions: KeniLF

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I'm not defending Brydge per se, I'm just going by my few times interacting with them.

For me anyways their customer service was always good. I think right now, it's a perfect storm for crap hitting the fan. With their awaited product possibly gimped by Apple and the pandemic, it might be too much for them to handle to the satisfaction of everyone.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who has the previous gen for the 12.9 iPP no trackpad. But they honored their discount code, when they said they wouldn't and I got a fast response on my question on the back plate. I no longer use the keyboard now that I have the new Magic Keyboard, but it was a great piece of kit. I hope all of this doesn't hurt their long term business.

Reactions: KeniLF and ascender

Raymets1

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2020
After considering canceling, I decided to wait, based on fact that Brydge finally responding to my email letting me know that the wait was due to the fact that they are doing a firmware upgrade. They just need to keep the communication open and honest which makes the waiting more tolerable.

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
Apparently, they haven't responded to the BT inquiry, or anything for that matter. They must be taking this Apple rollout hard. It's unfortunate, but considering the price difference and other things, i'm thinking in the long run they will be looking good.

Mcdj18

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2020
Apparently, they haven't responded to the BT inquiry, or anything for that matter. They must be taking this Apple rollout hard. It's unfortunate, but considering the price difference and other things, i'm thinking in the long run they will be looking good.
Finally an honest answer! Thank you Brydge

”New orders will ship with the BT 5.0. Current orders will ship with BT 4.1 with the ability to firmware update. Our focus is to always improve our products and trackpad updates will be made available to existing customers in the form of an iPadOS Application”

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen! And just to be clear a firmware update does not update the keyboard to BT 5.0. I personally have cancelled my order and will consider purchasing this product at a later date when the early issues are ironed out

Attachments

• 0A936E02-EFDD-417F-9D9C-515CF7D26314.png
    0A936E02-EFDD-417F-9D9C-515CF7D26314.png
    736.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Reactions: KeniLF and ascender

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
Still no shipping info, i ordered in Februari, though BT 4.1?
Is that really a problem? Does it work less, or will you not notice this difference?

Reactions: Mcdj18

Mcdj18

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2020
Still no shipping info, i ordered in Februari, though BT 4.1?
Is that really a problem? Does it work less, or will you not notice this difference?
BT 5.0 is a Huge deal and there's obviously a reason Brydge switched to it. Why would anyone want BT 4.1 at this point unless it was heavily discounted? You're getting a inferior product. Brydge knowingly withheld this information and deceived their early customers. All early backers should have been made aware of the hardware change and given the option to upgrade or be given a discount.

Reactions: KeniLF
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.