Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
Yes, it may just be me, but I keep requesting an RMA. But it's a sort of a transitional period for them, (and everyone else), so in time I would imagine this would be possible. The company has been around for awhile. In other words, bad timing.

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
I also believe they are hoping the firmware update to supposedly be released later this week might squash 50% - 75% of the RMA requests. Let’s face it, they have a nightmare on their hands and if the firmware works it could save them a bundle.

Bclawson

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
Putting in was easy, did not take it out yet.

Do have another issue
The magnetic back cover, does not stick firmly, it easily comes off, so decided not to use it.
The bottom of the back cover, easily scrapes the surface below (table/lap) then it wil just fall off.
I am running into that too. I have a skin on the back of the iPad so I just wont use the cover. Too bad though, seems like nice quality but the magnets aren’t very strong.

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015

Attachments

• 53CABBF1-7E6C-4502-9A30-BBB138376B71.png
    53CABBF1-7E6C-4502-9A30-BBB138376B71.png
    834.5 KB · Views: 214

Bclawson

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
Brydge has just released their Firmware App. Here is a link. Now let’s get some responses as to whether or not this fixes the trackpad issues.

I think it is better, but hasn’t fixed all issues for me. Scrolling to the top or bottom of a page has weird “extended“ action on my side

Reactions: Mickeylittle777

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
Still the charging problem, won’t charge more then 90% anyone else seeing this? Also after firmware update

Boatdrinks

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2012
Brydge has just released their Firmware App. Here is a link. Now let’s get some responses as to whether or not this fixes the trackpad issues.

For me, both the trackpad and 2 finger scroll are much smoother. I kind of like the keyboards new personality. At this point I’m no longer planning on returning it.

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
For me, both the trackpad and 2 finger scroll are much smoother. I kind of like the keyboards new personality. At this point I’m no longer planning on returning it.
Any luck on 3 finger scroll? I want to be able to flick up with 3 fingers to quickly exit an app and go slower to see all open apps.
[automerge]1588860670[/automerge]
Still the charging problem, won’t charge more then 90% anyone else seeing this? Also after firmware update
By chance have you tried:
1) forgetting the keyboard and repairing it
2) shutting down your iPad and restarting it
3) quick iPad reset (non destructive)

Quick Non-Destructive Reset - For iPads with no Home Button

1. With iPad on
  2. Press and quickly release the Volume up button then press and quickly release the Volume down button.
  3. To complete, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ascender

Boatdrinks

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2012
Any luck on 3 finger scroll? I want to be able to flick up with 3 fingers to quickly exit an app and go slower to see all open apps.
[automerge]1588860670[/automerge]

As of now the keyboard only supports 2 finger scroll etc...

By chance have you tried:
1) forgetting the keyboard and repairing it
2) shutting down your iPad and restarting it
3) quick iPad reset (non destructive)

Quick Non-Destructive Reset - For iPads with no Home Button

1. With iPad on
  2. Press and quickly release the Volume up button then press and quickly release the Volume down button.
  3. To complete, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
I have disconnected the keyboard, does not help, iPad is turned off every time, does not help, reset will try

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
That is the firmware update, wich i already applied... do not notice much difference, still scrolling strange/out of the screen/beyond the page, however you want to name it. But the trackpad seems better when moving the mousepointer

• Wow
Reactions: Bearygoodfries1

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
Not sure if this is useful or not but on Brydge’s website they list 8 different model numbers for both the 11 and 12.9 iPad Pro tablets. I’m thinking the higher the model number the newer the model and hopefully the less bugs! So if you have 1 of the lower model numbers and you are having issues (battery won’t charge past 90%) and no one else in this thread is having that issue, this could be the reason.

Just a thought.

Disregard this post as this info is all incorrect!!!

Last edited:

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
Not sure if this is useful or not but on Brydge’s website they list 8 different model numbers for both the 11 and 12.9 iPad Pro tablets. I’m thinking the higher the model number the newer the model and hopefully the less bugs! So if you have 1 of the lower model numbers and you are having issues (battery won’t charge past 90%) and no one else in this thread is having that issue, this could be the reason.

Just a thought.
I think those are iPad model numbers, no?
[automerge]1588894539[/automerge]
That is the firmware update, wich i already applied... do not notice much difference, still scrolling strange/out of the screen/beyond the page, however you want to name it. But the trackpad seems better when moving the mousepointer
I just unboxed mine today (showed up a few days ago). Applied the firmware update before trying the trackpad— so if it was worse than this, that’s pretty bad. Still pretty janky scrolling (in Safari especially) and the issue you’re describing... I wonder how much they can really improve the experience through firmware update?

Reactions: ascender

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Oh so not really any better then...

Reactions: D.Empire412

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
Seems charging issue was known to them..

//Support mail

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Brydge! I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Brydge charging correctly to the full 100%. We do have a new firmware update coming out this week which should help to resolve that issue.

//

Not yet seeing a new firmware update

Bclawson

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
New firmware update (second one) is out now. I had to delete the Brydge connect app and reinstall for it to see the update was available. Scrolling feels much better and “bounce” effect is minimal now.

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
New firmware update (second one) is out now. I had to delete the Brydge connect app and reinstall for it to see the update was available. Scrolling feels much better and “bounce” effect is minimal now.
Glad for even incremental updates. I suppose they are under the gun a bit to improve performance within the return period of early adopters.

I do wish the app would tell you what firmware your keyboard was on. I can quit the app and restart it and it’ll let me apply the same firmware again— doesn’t tell me what I’m on.

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
Applied update.. now it shows the correct charging %. (shows 100%)
Scrolling is normal.

New problem. I cannot use the trackpad properly anymore. When i want to open a app, i need to rest 1 finger on the trackpad, and then click the app to open it.

Normally i could click/tap with 1 finger to open an app.
Now when click/tap a app, with 1 finger, it opens the 3d touch/context menu

Anyone knows how to fix that?

[Solved 15-5] Apparently this is a setting (secundary click in Trackpad and Mouse) in iOS, fixed for now, but Excel still has this issue to select a cel. (and can't remember changing that setting in the first place)

Last edited:

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
Applied update.. now it shows the correct charging %. (shows 100%)
Scrolling is normal.

New problem. I cannot use the trackpad properly anymore. When i want to open a app, i need to rest 1 finger on the trackpad, and then click the app to open it.

Normally i could click/tap with 1 finger to open an app.
Now when click/tap a app, with 1 finger, it opens the 3d touch/context menu

Anyone knows how to fix that?

[Solved 15-5] Apparently this is a setting (secundary click in Trackpad and Mouse) in iOS, fixed for now, but Excel still has this issue to select a cel. (and can't remember changing that setting in the first place)
Thanks for replying back with your fix. I can’t wait to get my Brydge keyboard as I use Excel a lot and I’m hoping to be able to change the enter key or the tap function of the trackpad so I can get the active cell to go to the right and not down. That is easy to change in Windows but I can’t see how to change it in IOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.