Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
This is so. Hard to believe it for a well know company like this, but there you have it. They also seem not respond to some peoples inquiries. Some people have better luck with it, but it seems random.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mcdj18

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
Received a tracking code, seems the keyboard is allready in holland, delivery perhaps tommorow allready.

I'm going to use it, with BT 4.1 or BT 5.0 if works with BT 4.1 it works

Can you check this afterwards, or is there no way to find out, if its with BT 4.1. or BT 5.0

Reactions: Bclawson

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
They sent you 4.1, as 5.0 isn't ready yet for this device. They say mid May, with might mean end of June or beyond.

Last edited:

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
I pre-ordered mine last Sunday and the page showed BT 5.0 shipping Mid May so I’m sure hoping not end of June or beyond!

Bclawson

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
Received a tracking code, seems the keyboard is allready in holland, delivery perhaps tommorow allready.

I'm going to use it, with BT 4.1 or BT 5.0 if works with BT 4.1 it works

Can you check this afterwards, or is there no way to find out, if its with BT 4.1. or BT 5.0

Can you keep this thread updated with your initial impressions? I believe mine will be here Monday so I’ll be curious about yours if you get it.

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
They were months behind in the first preorders, but that was because of the shut-down. So who knows.

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
Can you keep this thread updated with your initial impressions? I believe mine will be here Monday so I’ll be curious about yours if you get it.
I agree. Whoever receives theirs please post some reviews here so we will have some idea of what to expect, especially on the track pad. I can’t help but think that since Apple released IOS 13.4 that Brydge has been aware of the track pad issue since Day 1 and hopefully they have a plan.

Reactions: ascender

KeniLF

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2020
The latest developments have been incredibly useful to me. I was ready to potentially buy a new Brydge and now it's very doubtful

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
Brydge posted 2 pieces of great news today on Facebook. 1) Majority of orders have shipped 2) Firmware update for trackpad coming next week. See quote below.

“It’s been a challenging week at Brydge.
Due to significant staff issues at our partner warehouse, first shipments of the Brydge Pro+ were delayed beyond our control.
The good news is the majority have now shipped and some are being delivered today!
Your patience and support is beyond appreciated.
More good news: Our trackpad firmware update is coming next week - stay tuned!”

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
GLS does not deliver on saturday's to bad..its scheduled for Monday, i will try it out, en report back.
Let's hope its working fine without the Firmware update, en better with the Firmware update.

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
To my surprise it's delivered today. It works nicely, do see the scrolling issues, but it's not so inconvenient, but could be better. Lets hope the Firmware smoothes things out.

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
To my surprise it's delivered today. It works nicely, do see the scrolling issues, but it's not so inconvenient, but could be better. Lets hope the Firmware smoothes things out.
What are your overall impressions regarding:
1) Screen wobble - Is it solid or does it wobble a lot when you touch the upper area with you hand? I’m wondering in case I want to take notes using the Apple Pencil.
2) Scrolling - Does the basic 2 finger scrolling up and down like reading a long document or web page work well or is it choppy?

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
I also use my Pencil2, it works fine, the screen does wobble a bit, but is not causing issues, when writing or drawing (for me)

Scrolling, is sometimes choppy

Last edited:

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
Hopefully the firmware update will correct the choppiness or that will be a dealbreaker for me. Glad to hear about your success with writing/drawing.

Boatdrinks

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2012
Hi all, been following this thread while waiting on my 12.9 + keyboard, and currently using it to write this post. Overall the build quality is nice. The keyboard setup is stable and weighted well to prevent the iPad from tipping over. I do like the typing experience on the keyboard but have multiple issues with the trackpad, for which I’ve notified Brydge customer support.

Issues:

- The trackpad does not seem to always register a touch without pressing down much harder that what I would expect.
- Trackpad/Curser will lag or skip across the screen which is particularly frustrating
- Trackpad curser movement speed to slow and requires multiple swipes to move across the screen (Fixed via track speed settings (fixed via trackpad-tracking speed)

Overall I like the keyboard but the trackpad needs fixed for me not to return it. I haven’t seen anything official regarding a firmware fix so I’m hoping to get some clarification from Brydge. If anyone has additional info or a fix please pass it along.

Update: Gesture support as outlined on the website does not function. For instance I can’t use a trackpad gesture to bring up the iOS dock. Again they show that this works...but in reality with my specific setup it does not. Ug

Last edited:

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
Good luck getting an RMA. Please post any response you may get, for the curious here.

Last edited:

Bclawson

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
How is putting the iPad in and out? is it inconvenient to remove?

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
Putting in was easy, did not take it out yet.

Do have another issue
The magnetic back cover, does not stick firmly, it easily comes off, so decided not to use it.
The bottom of the back cover, easily scrapes the surface below (table/lap) then it wil just fall off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bclawson

Bclawson

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
Just got mine, and I am loving it so far. There is definitely a scrolling issue that can be adjusted a little in the settings but I am confident the firmware update should do the trick. Build quality is great, hinges are a lot better than i expected. Really like having the row of function keys at the top and responsiveness with typing has been perfect, no delay even with what I assume is BT 4.1.

Was super frustrated with all of the delays and lack of info from their customer service but this has really been worth the wait from my initial impressions.

Attachments

• 8721B39E-26C3-4AE4-BD0D-5367F6AFBC90.jpeg
    8721B39E-26C3-4AE4-BD0D-5367F6AFBC90.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 041E212D-49EB-47F9-AF05-B8BD8B00C5E7.jpeg
    041E212D-49EB-47F9-AF05-B8BD8B00C5E7.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 164

Juanj

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2017
Do have a new issue:
Can you charge it with the default charger from the Apple iPad? And should a fast charger from Apple also work with no problems?

I’m having a problem with charging, it wont charge to 100%, and no more then 90%.
The red light keyboard indicator just turns off, and stops charging. Also i do not believe that it would last for 3 months without charging. I’m now at 70% from the max 90%

Last edited:

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
I’m now at 70% from the max 90%

This would be an issue. Hopefully this can be fixed. Along with everything else, including customer support. :D

Btw, I have the unopened box sitting here as of yesterday. I'm going to wait for this app, and let you guys test it. I'm not sure 5.0 will solve everything, but unless someone has both, we will never know. If 4.1 is a huge improvement, I may just stop requesting an RMA (that's getting tired) and open the box.

hellmaca

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
You guys are scaring me. Just cancelled my order. Brydge gave me a 10% off coupon in case I buy something from them in the future which is doubtful.

Mickeylittle777

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2015
If I’m not mistaken BT 5.0 should probably help with connection issues so that after 10-20 minutes on non use and the keyboard goes to sleep it should connect back to the iPad quicker than BT 4.x and require less keystrokes before registering.

The new firmware coming out this week should help with the other issues such as trackpad and whatever other bugs Brydge may have noticed Or been told about.

hellmaca

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2011
Why?

If you purchase it, dislike it, return it, do they say you can't have your money back?
People here have mentioned difficulty with the return process. I will wait until the trackpad update is available then make a decision. I’ll just follow the thread to see what happens.

Reactions: JayMysterio
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.