Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Its really hard to answer your question, but consider Apple sold 250.000 ipods during this period and many of these feautered Jimi on the box. Jimi is the most frequent model on Ebay. Some people think its worth a ridicolous amount of money, but its really only the sleeve and the HDD that differ from other ipods. How many 10 gig models was sold only Apple knows, and they wont tell us ;-)
Congrats on a nice find anyway!

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
I just upgraded my iPod Mini (2nd Gen, 4GB) to a SD-->CF 64GB and put in a new 1300 MAh battery.

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2014
Michigan
Here she is. My new baby

Attachments

• IMG_20160107_160912.jpg
    IMG_20160107_160912.jpg
    899.5 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_20160107_160930.jpg
    IMG_20160107_160930.jpg
    973 KB · Views: 413
Reactions: mayuka

$inner

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
I've got a late 2006 80gb Ipod video that i've just found while clearing out my cupboard. its a bit scratched up and everything is working apart from the headphone jack. Anyone know if the replacement part for the 30gb will work? I cant seem to find one for the 80gb. Cheers

peterburk

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2006
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
I bought the Speck Canvas Sport case for my iPod Video and MacBook Pro, and printed some custom stickers.
I'm surprised that click wheel stickers were never a thing! If you want me to share the image I sent to the print shop, just comment and ask. I can imagine some similar stickers with other logos (e.g. Starbucks, NASA, UNHCR, CouchSurfing).

@$sinner: The 30GB headphone jack will work electrically but it won't screw in perfectly, so it might be a bit loose inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 464

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
Is there one available for the 60GB one? It's the same physical size as the 80GB, so if it works electrically, it should fit properly as well.

erickpinto6005

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2016
As many of you probably are, I too am an iPod collector. It's hard to explain the feeling of getting a new iPod, eventhough you know there's no need for it:rolleyes:

...my iPhone is pretty much the only thing that gets use nowadays, but I still find myself trying to find a way to get the next one :D

Here's a thread to that you can creatively show your precious collection. I for one have my collection displayed as such...
Its very cool to have a collection like this. Too bad is that iPod has been out off stage.iPhone has every function that iPod has and everyone has an iPhone

Reactions: mlovergaard

Ipod Collector 2

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2015
Some photos of car-branded iPods... Sorry - there are a lot of gadgets, and couple of them are not from this category...

View attachment 616306 View attachment 616307 View attachment 616308 View attachment 616311

I'm jealous! Nice collection you have there, especially in that last pic of the old classics, nice indeed!

I'm still working on my collection and plan on taking pics to post here within the next couple of months. I literally have 355 ipods, all brand new and factory sealed in their respective boxes/plastic cases they came in. I'm trying to build my collection to have at least one of every model, of every color and every memory size ipod :apple: ever offered them in. I have around 40 more to go to complete it, but most of what I need to get my hands on now are either the most rarest, as in your last pic, or the most expensive models, in which I have to catch in the right price range. Needless to say I still have my work cut out for me. I'll post pics soon of what I have thus far :) Have a good one, Jay
[doublepost=1458771688][/doublepost]
Wow this thread is still going strong!! Some insane collections here...I love it.

Hey MattyMac, yes indeed this thread is still going strong. I love it myself, too :)
I gotta get my butt in gear and break out all of mine to put on display and take pics of to post here. I plan on doing this real soon so you can all check out what I have going on thus far. I'm up to 355 ipods, all brand new and factory sealed in their respective boxes/plastic containers. I just got done getting my hands on a brand new factory sealed 3rd gen Product red 8gb nano model this past month. That was the last one that I needed to fulfill the collection of the 3rd gen nano's of having at least one of every color. I have 2 black 3rd gen nanos that are double factory sealed in clamshell packaging.

I'll get my butt in gear and take some pics of all of them real soon and post them here when I got it done, doing my part to keep this thread alive and to share my collection with all of you still here.

Have a good one, Jay
[doublepost=1458771925][/doublepost]
Just got this baby, never been opened, pristine condition..Very happy. View attachment 615985

Hey now! Nice 1st gen shuffle you have there. Is it a 512mb or a 1gb model?

I scored a 512mb model double sealed in clamshell packaging around 6 months ago on ebay, got it for $30 shipped. Easily worth every last red cent of it and then some, you know? Sad part is, is that the seller listed it as a 1gb model, which I wish it would have been for what I paid for it, but turned out to be a 512mb instead. It was a win/win situation either way though.

mlovergaard

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
New York City
Hey now! Nice 1st gen shuffle you have there. Is it a 512mb or a 1gb model?

I scored a 512mb model double sealed in clamshell packaging around 6 months ago on ebay, got it for $30 shipped. Easily worth every last red cent of it and then some, you know? Sad part is, is that the seller listed it as a 1gb model, which I wish it would have been for what I paid for it, but turned out to be a 512mb instead. It was a win/win situation either way though.

It is the 512mb, I do wish it had been the 1gb but oh well.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
I'm selling a few iPods and iPod accessories. Included are an iPod Mini 2nd Gen, iPod Touch 2nd Gen, iPod Nano 2nd Gen, iPod Classic 5th Gen 80GB etc. All the iPods are still sealed.

Also have a bunch of accessories such as armbands, socks etc also sealed. If anyone is interested in expanding their collection, please let me know.

Reactions: Ipod Collector 2

nickwell

macrumors member
May 18, 2014
Sheffield
I'm selling a few iPods and iPod accessories. Included are an iPod Mini 2nd Gen, iPod Touch 2nd Gen, iPod Nano 2nd Gen, iPod Classic 5th Gen 80GB etc. All the iPods are still sealed.

Also have a bunch of accessories such as armbands, socks etc also sealed. If anyone is interested in expanding their collection, please let me know.

Dropped you a message :)

Happytodd

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2010
Received an iPod Mini 2G today with box include, unfortunately the plastic/glass screen has been cracked, fortunately I got a replacement one. Wish it was sealed in box. Still very happy though! :D

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
Received an iPod Mini 2G today with box include, unfortunately the plastic/glass screen has been cracked, fortunately I got a replacement one. Wish it was sealed in box. Still very happy though! :D
Congratulations! How did you manage to get a replacement??? That is actually very interesting...

Happytodd

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2010
Congratulations! How did you manage to get a replacement??? That is actually very interesting...
Back a few years a go you could buy replacement iPod Mini Shells on Ebay for around $15.00AUD, which also included the clear plastic/glass that goes over the lcd screen and the scroll wheel, I wish I bought heaps of them as they don't seem to sell them anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.