Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Found this at Walmart last night. There were 2 of them. Both for about 100 bucks and id be lying if i said i didnt want one.
Why would Walmart be selling (especially if opened!) an iPod dock accessory kit from like 10 years ago now? Weird!

Also, I checked Amazon, they're selling for around $50 there, so the $98 "Clearance" makes me chuckle. :)

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2014
Michigan
Why would Walmart be selling (especially if opened!) an iPod dock accessory kit from like 10 years ago now? Weird!

Also, I checked Amazon, they're selling for around $50 there, so the $98 "Clearance" makes me chuckle. :)

On the same clearence rack they have an iPad 2 dock, and screen protectors for 4th gen iPod touch. Also there was a case for an iPhone 3GS. I bought it seeing as i have a 3GS AND it was only 2 cents

iPhoenix

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2011
Vietnam
This is my little collection :)
15800202_1190034864385835_6614100599663772935_o.jpg

L.ance

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2017
Hi,
I'm new to this forum...
I started my iPod collection roughly 2 months ago. I've still got a long way to go but nonetheless I'm in a decent position already.

So far I have;
iPod Nano 1st Gen
iPod Nano 2nd Gen Pink 4GB
iPod Nano 3rd Gen Green 8GB
iPod Touch 1st Gen John Lennon 8GB
iPod Video 5th Gen 80GB
iPod Shuffle 4th Gen 2GB

All the iPods above that I have are sealed...

I also have;
iPod Shuffle 1st Gen 512MB
iPod Shuffle 3rd Gen 2GB
iPod Photo 30GB X2
iPod Nano 3rd Gen Blue 8GB
iPod Touch 4th Gen 32GB

All these iPods apart from the Photo models are in very good condition. However, I'm mainly interested in collecting sealed iPods. If anybody has any duplicates or a few that they don't need, please can you contact me and I'll be happy to offer for them...

[doublepost=1493781684][/doublepost]

Attachments

• 0502172132a.jpg
    0502172132a.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 341
  • 0502172133.jpg
    0502172133.jpg
    996 KB · Views: 363

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Hi, potential iPod collector signing in for the first time. (I'm usually found over on the PowerPC forum).
Wanting to get myself a collectable iPod to supplement my many PowerBooks, I've seen an iPod Photo (believe that's the 4th gen) in good cosmetic condition in a thrift store, in the original box, with original docs and install CD. It didn't power on, so the store left it to charge up overnight. When I called in this morning, the guy apologised and said it still wouldn't power on.
My question is simple. Would a completely dead battery fail to charge at all, and prevent the ipod from powering up even if still connected to mains power?
If these symptoms point to a defective motherboard, I'll pass on the deal, unless advised that replacement parts for this model are fairly regularly available, in which case I could change out whatever is necessary myself. Are replacement batteries easily available too?
To be honest it was the iPod and original box which particularly interested me, as imho that's far more collectable. Worth proceeding with for US$50?

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
Hi, potential iPod collector signing in for the first time. (I'm usually found over on the PowerPC forum).
Wanting to get myself a collectable iPod to supplement my many PowerBooks, I've seen an iPod Photo (believe that's the 4th gen) in good cosmetic condition in a thrift store, in the original box, with original docs and install CD. It didn't power on, so the store left it to charge up overnight. When I called in this morning, the guy apologised and said it still wouldn't power on.
My question is simple. Would a completely dead battery fail to charge at all, and prevent the ipod from powering up even if still connected to mains power?
If these symptoms point to a defective motherboard, I'll pass on the deal, unless advised that replacement parts for this model are fairly regularly available, in which case I could change out whatever is necessary myself. Are replacement batteries easily available too?
To be honest it was the iPod and original box which particularly interested me, as imho that's far more collectable. Worth proceeding with for US$50?
Yes, it can. I would be worried about battery having swelled. Not only could the battery be kaput, but it could have taken out the hard drive and click wheel in the process. The iPod photo boards are running around $30 on 3bay.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Yes, it can. I would be worried about battery having swelled. Not only could the battery be kaput, but it could have taken out the hard drive and click wheel in the process. The iPod photo boards are running around $30 on 3bay.
Thanks for the feedback. Actually I passed on this purchase (on vacation in US) and have now returned to Europe where I will eventually look around for an early boxed Classic.

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah

This worries me also as I've had several experiences with swelled batteries on Apple products; 11 inch MacBook Air and iPod nano 5th generation. I am very worried about this issue as there is no way for us collectors to check inside the box without opening the glorious factory seal.

Any comments on this perhaps?

Oh, and awesome collection people!

Contact_Feanor

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2017
Belgium
this is my collection of iPod Classics. I have to add a second generation classic and an iPod photo (with color screen). Then I have every generation, and only need to add color options and sizes. I'll get there one day :p

Attachments

• IMG_1072.JPG
    IMG_1072.JPG
    893 KB · Views: 366
Reactions: ToM7 and ST_Eduardo

ST_Eduardo

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2017
Caracas
Hey, I'm Eduardo from Caracas, Venezuela and this is my iPod collection. I've been collecting iPods since May 2013 but it is becoming harder to find the parts to keep them running properly.

The iPods in the picture are aligned by their generation and date of purchase: iPod 3rd Gen, iPod Mini, iPod 4G & Photo, iPod Shuffle 1G, iPod Nano 1G, iPod 5G, and iPod 6.5G. Some of them have original boxes and accessories. But I wanted the picture to focus solely on the iPods'.

The picture it's missing a few iPods: A 20GB 2nd gen (With faulty hard drive and battery), a white 2GB 1st gen Nano (faulty battery) a silver 160GB "Classic" 6.5 gen (faulty hard drive) and some others used for spares.

Greetings!

Attachments

• IMG_3738.JPG
    IMG_3738.JPG
    625.8 KB · Views: 482

swampii

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2017
Did anybody do internal Bluetooth with remote functions as well?
I've bought a Kokkia i10s, and I'm wondering about soldering it onto the internal side of the dock connector. The solder pads are pretty small though.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SH40BQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

There's not so much space inside though, after my WiFi mod. I last used that to copy photos from my SD card to my friend's phone at a BBQ on Saturday. And I also hope I have space for the CoreWind WiFiG25, so I can get host USB. So no extended-capacity battery for me.
[doublepost=1500648093][/doublepost]hi, did you ever manage to do this Bluetooth mod with a kokkia i10s? as im trying to look through internet to find a tutorial to do this on my iPod classic 7th gen if possible, i can see a few already for the audio jack Bluetooth units but non for the kokkia.
your post here seems to be the only post i can see on internet regarding this .
any advice would be much appreciated.

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
this is my collection of iPod Classics. I have to add a second generation classic and an iPod photo (with color screen). Then I have every generation, and only need to add color options and sizes. I'll get there one day :p

Love your collection! Always wish I had the original iPod but at the time they were too expensive for me being in high school. I do have a 30GB iPod 5th gen now though.

Contact_Feanor

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2017
Belgium
Finally found the iPod photo with color screen. And bought some displays to put them nicer. I've made arrangements to buy a second gen iPod, so that covers the different generations (you'll notice 2 white iPod videos in the picture, but that's because one of them has a broken screen, but was the first iPod my husband gave me, so it deserves a special spot). I'm now trying to decide if I should try to get all iPod classic models (color variants and special editions (harry potter, U2, madonna,...)) or move on to iPod Nano's...

What would you guys do?
Schermafbeelding 2017-07-24 om 14.51.08.jpg

Ipod Collector 2

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2015
Finally found the iPod photo with color screen. And bought some displays to put them nicer. I've made arrangements to buy a second gen iPod, so that covers the different generations (you'll notice 2 white iPod videos in the picture, but that's because one of them has a broken screen, but was the first iPod my husband gave me, so it deserves a special spot). I'm now trying to decide if I should try to get all iPod classic models (color variants and special editions (harry potter, U2, madonna,...)) or move on to iPod Nano's...

What would you guys do?
View attachment 709805

Hey happy ipod collector and welcome! IMHO I'd get classics since they're getting harder by the day to get your
hands on, but then again I have a couple of nanos I still need to get my hands on, factory sealed only though.
This is a mini list of what I'm looking for to fulfill my collection of each generation. I'm down to looking for
certain colors that I'm missing.

Still needed:

Classics:

Ipod classic 5th gen: (2) 60gb white, 80gb white

Ipod classic: any 1st, 2nd or 3rd gen classics ----> of course!

Nanos:

2nd gen nano: (1) 4gb green

4th gen nano: (4) 8gb blue, 8gb purple, 8gb orange, 16gb pink.

5th gen nano: (2) 8gb yellow, 16gb green.

Shuffles:

2nd gen shuffle: (6) 1gb light green, 1gb orange (small box?), 2gb light green, 2gb orange?, 1gb purple, 2gb pink.

3rd gen shuffle: (3) 2gb pink, 4gb green, 4gb blue - both styles of packaging. (clamshell & non-clamshell)

4th gen shuffle: Completed Collection!
Colors available: originally available in 5 colors -
September 2010 - Silver w/black control pad, Green, Blue, Orange and Pink
09-17-2012: 3 new colors: (Black, Purple, Yellow) Blue, Green, Pink, Silver, and Product Red (special edition)
07-15-2015: Apple released 4 new colors - Blue, Pink, Silver, Gold, Space Grey and Product Red

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
I'm also collecting iPods - mostly the classics and nanos, and only sealed. Obviously cannot afford a sealed 1st or 2nd generation classic, but have started collecting from the 3rd generation onwards. Here's what I'm looking for currently - would appreciate if anyone has extras for sale:

1. 3rd generation iPod nano (any color except silver)
2. 4th generation iPod classic (w/color screen)
3. 7th generation iPod classic (silver color)
4. 2nd generation iPod mini (any color except silver)

Thank you.

Last edited:

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
I'm also collecting iPods - mostly the classics and nanos, and only sealed. Obviously cannot afford a sealed 1st or 2nd generation classic, but have started collecting from the 3rd generation onwards. Here's what I'm looking for currently - would appreciate if anyone has extras for sale:

1. 3rd generation iPod nano (any color except silver)
2. 4th generation iPod classic (w/color screen)
3. 7th generation iPod classic (silver color)
4. 2nd generation iPod mini (any color except silver)

Thank you.

I may have some of the ones you're after. Let me do a check and I'll send you a message tomorrow.

Last edited:

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
As pictured.

iPod Classic silver & black were the very last generation, about 2-3 months before they were discontinued. Together they house my entire music collection. Love them to bits.

iPod Classic 4th gen there is my very first Apple product. Died a while ago.
iPod shuffle clip works - great for the gym.
iPod nano clip works - great for radio at the football.
iPod mini died a while ago.

Oh, also there's the iPod HiFi - my most favourite Apple product ever. Sound is phenomenal.

As for my iPhone collection... it's getting there ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    759.6 KB · Views: 338

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Would anyone be interested in buying any of the following?

iPod Nano 5th Gen Black 8GB Sealed - £110
iPod Nano 2nd Gen Blue 4GB Sealed - £70
iPod Shuffle 4th Gen Product Red 2GB Sealed - £35
iPod Classic 5.5 Gen Black 80GB Sealed - £230

Bundle of accessories:

Official iPod Socks
Official Apple Leather Case for iPod
Apple Armband Grey (Nano 1st/2nd)
Apple Armband Red (Nano 1st/2nd)
Apple Armband Green (Nano 1st/2nd) - broken box
Apple Armband Grey (Nano 3rd)
Apple Armband Grey (Nano 4th)

Selling lot of accessories for £45

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.