Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
Holy Grail? :)

Attachments

• iPod 5GB.png
    iPod 5GB.png
    765.6 KB · Views: 662

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
I have one sealed in open box already. For me it was one of the last iPods I wanted to find. Now only Becks iPod remains :)
Ok. First, "sealed" is not with the plastic wrap still around the iPod. Sealed is when the box is factory sealed. Secondly, "finding" a factory sealed iPod is not hard. Finding one for a decent price is hard. What I intended to say was that, for me a sealed first gen is not the holy grail ;-)

But I'm really glad for your sake. It looks really crisp and untouched!

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
Ok. First, "sealed" is not with the plastic wrap still around the iPod. Sealed is when the box is factory sealed. Secondly, "finding" a factory sealed iPod is not hard. Finding one for a decent price is hard. What I intended to say was that, for me a sealed first gen is not the holy grail ;-)

But I'm really glad for your sake. It looks really crisp and untouched!

Ah, sorry for my not being 100% correct with formulations :D

Anyway :) For me the price was right - significantly lower than everything I have seen on the market. Comparable with the price of the iPod you have sold me ;)

nickwell

macrumors member
May 18, 2014
Sheffield
Anyone after a non original but genuine boxed iPhone 2G that's new and in cellophane? Got it as a replacement from Apple a while ago. Still has all new sealed accessories.

Also have an original 5GB iPod. It's just the iPod but still in cellophane.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Really nice, but definitly not worth the money. I would much rather spend my money on MattyMacs opened but unused and crispy mint ;-)
I've still got it! Ill sell it one day..probably when it's worth about $20 haha
[doublepost=1462932794][/doublepost]
Ah, sorry for my not being 100% correct with formulations :D

Anyway :) For me the price was right - significantly lower than everything I have seen on the market. Comparable with the price of the iPod you have sold me ;)
I've been out of the loop but what are they worth now a days..anything significant?
[doublepost=1462933491][/doublepost]Also I have a sealed 1st generation Macy Gray iPod touch..is this of any special value? Can't really find any history on eBay...most are John Lennon.

bneutron100

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2016
What models have you gotten your hands on so far ?

Any pics of what you got ? I'd like to check em out if you had a moment to post
some pics of them.

I just got my hands on a Ipod Mini 2nd gen 6gb blue brand new in sealed box for $150 shipped.

A nice lil addition to my collection. It should be here tomorrow, yippie !!

Here's some pics of the last ipod I got my hands on to add to the collection:

It's a 4th gen classic 60gb photo model year 2004. It's a 1st generation model of the
photo 60gb. The 2nd gen model of the same came out in 2005. It came in a black box
with silver lettering on it. I just found out literally this past week that the one I got
here is a 1st gen model in 2004. I didn't know they had 2 generations of this model :)
The box on this one is just a little rough, but it's still completely sealed, so I consider
it worthy enough. Can't find any others new & sealed in the box anywhere online...

View attachment 590351 View attachment 590352 View attachment 590353 View attachment 590354
[doublepost=1463196114][/doublepost]I have this exact ipod 60gb photo 2004 factory sealed perfect box.

Ipod Collector 2

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2015
[doublepost=1463196114][/doublepost]I have this exact ipod 60gb photo 2004 factory sealed perfect box.

Nice! Post some pics of it if you had a moment to do so. It's a rare one, and the best they had
to offer in the 4th gen line up, so it's most definitely a keeper, too !!

I just picked up a 3rd gen 20gb model, factory sealed, perfect box.
I'll post pics of it as soon as it arrives if all is well with it :)

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
I've still got it! Ill sell it one day..probably when it's worth about $20 haha
[doublepost=1462932794][/doublepost]
I've been out of the loop but what are they worth now a days..anything significant?
[doublepost=1462933491][/doublepost]Also I have a sealed 1st generation Macy Gray iPod touch..is this of any special value? Can't really find any history on eBay...most are John Lennon.

Regarding touch - the Corinne Rae is DEFINITELY EXTREMELY rare in sealed condition. Extremely. Rare.

Regarding iPod - the original one in sealed box worth about 10.000$ now.
[doublepost=1465936374][/doublepost]
Yes, I also would be glad to see the photo of the box - I know at least 3 possible modifications of the 60GB iPod 2004, would be nice to see which one do you have.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I keep forgetting to update and include pictures of my collection again... Someday soon I will get around to it!

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Here's a little peek at my collection...

In a cabinet in my living room, I have my pile of firsts: First iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, first all-touch iPod (third-gen iPod), first A-series CPU (A4, on an iPhone 4 logic board), first Macintosh mouse, and the manual for the original Macintosh. There's also the CPU and FPU from the first Mac to cost upwards of $10k, the IIfx.
IMG_5556.jpg

I also have a soft spot for the original iPhone, and have amassed a few. Left to right are my old 4GB that I purchased back in 2007 and used for three years, one that I found locally in a used phone shop for $20 a year or so ago, and one that was given to me by my mother-in-law. I have downgraded the 4GB to iPhone OS 1, and use it as an iPod. The middle one sits on my desk as a display piece, although it too works fine and is running iPhone OS 2.2. The third one, which is nearly flawless, is in the display cabinet. It too works fine and is running OS 2.2.
IMG_5567.jpg
IMG_5560.jpg

Reactions: venomgt95

Good User

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2014
I also have some iPods, My favorite is a 4th gen iPod nano, I wonder how long will the batteries last! It would be a disaster for a collector to see one day that swollen or corrupted batteries has ruined their collection. Very sad!

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
I've been on the lookout for an older 3rd gen iPod - i still regret selling mine! The want for physical buttons is real.

Ambellina1

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Im not a collector but i have deserately been looking for ipod collectors that might buy my ipod shuffle. Its in great shape and had most of the original packaging. Wanting someone that can afford it at a collector price. I need the moneu deserately. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    982.7 KB · Views: 403

DeathBySprinkles

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
United States
After seeing this thread that is so long going I totally want to start my collection, I have an ipod classic and a 4th gen shuffle and my iphone se, I totally want to dig way back and get my hands on some of these older ipods!

nickwell

macrumors member
May 18, 2014
Sheffield
Hi All,
I've been looking through my collection and I've decided to sell a few of my duplicate items as I'm looking to buy a house. Exciting!

If anyone is interested in the following do drop me a message.

Sealed Items:
iPhone 4 Black 16GB Unlocked
iPhone Bluetooth Headset (Plastic Box)
iPod Touch 2nd Generation 2008 8GB
iPod Touch 2nd Generation 2009 8GB

Unsealed Items:
iPhone 2G 8GB, boxed with all new originally accessories. The serial number on the phone doesn't match the box as it was AppleCare replacement direct from Apple. The phone itself is in the cellophane.

Everything Else
iPhone 3GS Black 8GB handset only
iPhone 3GS Black 16GB handset only
Various empty iPad and iPhone boxes

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
I finally got a Gold iPod Nano 6th Gen (16GB) so now I have all of the Nano line in various colors and storage capacities.

My favorite is probably the 5th Gen iPod Nano (VGA Camera), but the sound doesn't compare to the 5.5G iPod Video I am using.

venomgt95

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2014
Michigan
Found this at Walmart last night. There were 2 of them. Both for about 100 bucks and id be lying if i said i didnt want one.

Attachments

• IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    388.1 KB · Views: 583
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.