Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Received my Caudabe Lucid Clear with charcoal MagSafe today for my 14 pro. I love it! Perfect fit and perfect look. I had the Apple clear case on it since launch day as it’s what I’ve had on my 12 pro for the last 2 years. It was the best I could find in a clear case. Not any more! The Apple clear case has been put away as a back up. The lucid clear is my new favorite case.

71D01920-9E12-40B8-80CE-CA26002B4B43.jpeg

03C33642-D03B-4741-94A9-B6E6351C1E32.jpeg

Last edited:

n20nine

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
Thanks for sharing. Would you mind posting pictures of the front? I am keen to get the same case but wonder if there is enough of a lip to protect the front screen and I suppose you can't help that the back will get scratched anyway.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Thanks for sharing. Would you mind posting pictures of the front? I am keen to get the same case but wonder if there is enough of a lip to protect the front screen and I suppose you can't help that the back will get scratched anyway.
There is a small lip that would offer a bit of protection. I also have an edge to edge screen protector.

02F3288D-FE49-422D-99E6-4DF0CFA660C7.jpeg

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
I got mine and found it pretty heavy. It was heavier than the apple case.

okifeelthat

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Got mine today. My first clear case. Yes it heavier than the leather apple cases I normally get. But man does it feel good in hand and look pretty

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
I’m still waiting on mine. I’ve had them for my last two phones. I don’t have any problems with them scratching on the outside as they have a special coating. I change my cases a lot and have trouble getting my phone into the case without scratching the inside of the case. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I’m not starting at the right spot???

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Man that looks good. I love that black ring on the space black phone. I’m a Sheath guy, but may need to try Lucid this year. I’ve got the space black too.

okifeelthat

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Decided to return mine. Looks great but too slippery for me. Going back to my Ink leather case and ordered a Caudabe Synthesis case to see what all the hype is about lol. Also regarding the Lucid case- when I removed the case after two days of using it, the vertical magsafe piece came off the case (!) and stayed stuck on the phone. Seems like the adhesive between the magnet and the case was not well done. It definitely is going back now!

• Wow
Reactions: KO7 and sorgo †

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
Yeah, I just got it as well. I like it and will keep it. Solid case and looks great. The black ring is a nice change of pace from all the white ringed cases out there.

I still prefer my Caudabe Sheath because of how awesome that case is in general, but I'll use this one too. My wife prefers Lucid Clear though.

Stream108

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2021
Received my Caudabe Lucid Clear with charcoal MagSafe today for my 14 pro. I love it! Perfect fit and perfect look. I had the Apple clear case on it since launch day as it’s what I’ve had on my 12 pro for the last 2 years. It was the best I could find in a clear case. Not any more! The Apple clear case has been put away as a back up. The lucid clear is my new favorite case.

View attachment 2076031
Could you send more pictures and if possible side by side comparison with Apple MagSafe clear case? Thanks

Stream108

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2021
Will have to do a side by side with my wife's 13pro with the Apple case and my 14pro with the Caudabe. It may be a day or so before I can get pic to post.
Thanks 🙏

I ordered Apple’s case on Amazon, it arrived yesterday but unfortunately it’s a counterfeit for the price of Apple product 🙈 fortunately there is a free return on Amazon.

The caudabe is already ordered but it will take some time as it’s yet to be shipped and I’m in EU.

So I'm wondering whether it’s worthwhile to get the Apple or will I end up like you just using Caudabe (I ordered both sheath and lucid clear).

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Thanks 🙏

I ordered Apple’s case on Amazon, it arrived yesterday but unfortunately it’s a counterfeit for the price of Apple product 🙈 fortunately there is a free return on Amazon.

The caudabe is already ordered but it will take some time as it’s yet to be shipped and I’m in EU.

So I'm wondering whether it’s worthwhile to get the Apple or will I end up like you just using Caudabe (I ordered both sheath and lucid clear).
Honestly they are both really good cases. I've been using the Apple clear case for years and it has been my go to case. I just really like the new charcoal MagSafe ring and the way the Lucid clear case feels. The Apple case has the open bottom although that has never been an issue for me and the Caudabe has a more closed bottom along with button cut outs. It will really just come down to preference as they are both well built cases.

I've used many cases through the years starting with the very first iPhone including Apple leather cases, Element, Power Support and several other high end brands. I've finally settled on these 2 clear cases as I like to see my phone and I like the way they feel.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
I got the spigen hybrid case with graphite magsafe and I love it! I decided to return my lucid clear and I have reached out to caudable’s customer service to return my case and I have to say, I am very disappointed that they are making it hard to return the case. I emailed them on Saturday and have not heard back.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
I got the spigen hybrid case with graphite magsafe and I love it! I decided to return my lucid clear and I have reached out to caudable’s customer service to return my case and I have to say, I am very disappointed that they are making it hard to return the case. I emailed them on Saturday and have not heard back.
I tried the spigen hybrid case a couple years back on my 12pro. I didn't like the TPU sides as they were sticky feeling, yellowed and looked awful very quickly. Maybe they've improved.

Reactions: DianaMR

peepoLove

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2022
I tried the spigen hybrid case a couple years back on my 12pro. I didn't like the TPU sides as they were sticky feeling, yellowed and looked awful very quickly. Maybe they've improved.
Nope. I've looked around and Spigen claimed to have the same so called "new anti yellowing technology" last year, and they yellowed within a few months just as well. You can find plenty of videos online discussing it.

As long as it's TPU, you can't really help it.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Nope. I've looked around and Spigen claimed to have the same so called "new anti yellowing technology" last year, and they yellowed within a few months just as well. You can find plenty of videos online discussing it.

As long as it's TPU, you can't really help it.
Yes. One of the reasons I stopped getting and don't like TPU products.

Untapped Potential

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2017
Why did you choose the Spigen over the lucid clear?

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016

You may want to rethink which one of those you will return. In 6 months or less that Spigen will be yellow on the TPU edges. The Lucid will not because it isn’t TPU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.